Zona Looking At Matt Moore? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zona Looking At Matt Moore?

I seriously doubt Moore is going anywhere. A 3rd rounder might pry him from us. But he is too valuable as a very capable backup to let him walk for a low pick. Anything lower than a 3rd would be like giving him away. How often do 4th rounders (or lower) amount to anything to help a team? Now and then you get lucky. (ZT and JT) But I don't see this happening.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Negative. Not a good deal. He's more valuable to us than a 4th rounder would be.

He's a free agent at the end of the year, and likely won't re-sign. You wanna just let him walk and not get anything for him?

Moore isn't coming back next year he wants to be in a team he has a fair chance to compete. Might as well trade him and get anything or he will just walk away, most likely ends up beating Sanchez and Tebow next offseason. Not that I'm worried about Moore possible being the starting QB of the Jets, he doesn't scare me, but I rather get anything out of him.

I seriously doubt Moore is going anywhere. A 3rd rounder might pry him from us. But he is too valuable as a very capable backup to let him walk for a low pick. Anything lower than a 3rd would be like giving him away. How often do 4th rounders (or lower) amount to anything to help a team? Now and then you get lucky. (ZT and JT) But I don't see this happening.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Negative. Not a good deal. He's more valuable to us than a 4th rounder would be.

I tend to agree with ya, DEPENDING on how we fare in the next two games. It does make a difference. JMO

Trade him if we can... we can find a vet ( if needed ) for mentoring of Tanny... and slide Devlin up to the number two spot as the actual back up. Maybe Leftwich is capable of mentoring as long as he accepts the fact he is not the #1.

Moore isn't coming back next year he wants to be in a team he has a fair chance to compete. Might as well trade him and get anything or he will just walk away, most likely ends up beating Sanchez and Tebow next offseason. Not that I'm worried about Moore possible being the starting QB of the Jets, he doesn't scare me, but I rather get anything out of him.

From everything I've read, Philbin really likes Devlin. However, IF we think we could get into the playoffs, Moore would be worth keeping as insurance for RT.

He's a free agent at the end of the year, and likely won't re-sign. You wanna just let him walk and not get anything for him?

Yep. After this season. But right NOW, he is more valuable than a 4th round pick. If Tannehill happens to get injured, who do we have?

Trade him if we can... we can find a vet ( if needed ) for mentoring of Tanny... and slide Devlin up to the number two spot as the actual back up. Maybe Leftwich is capable of mentoring as long as he accepts the fact he is not the #1.

Tanny don't need no Damn mentoring. :)

Yep. After this season. But right NOW, he is more valuable than a 4th round pick. If Tannehill happens to get injured, who do we have?

If tanny gets hurt we aren't winning anything this year with Moore so if you can get something for him you take it.

By this logic we should trade 2 1sts for Dwayne Bowe just to lock him up because who cares what the FUTURE brings, when you can think of THIS ONE SEASON. It makes no sense. You get offered a 4th round pick for Matt Moore you say yes, hang up the phone, and start dancing around the office, shooting fake pistols from your fingers and try your best to hide the erection.

Basically I'm saying you take the deal.

If tanny gets hurt we aren't winning anything this year with Moore so if you can get something for him you take it.

Bingo. If Tannehill goes down, we're shot either way. Might as well test drive Pat Devlin and see if he can get the job done in that case.

I would take a switch of our 3rd rounder for their 2nd rounder and our 7th for their 6th. Move up in value. Better positioning for this team is better than a pick IMO at this point.

We traded Bush for a swap of 6th rounders which was brilliance.

In this league you have to replace talent with talent. You don't trade Moore for a low pick in case we get a chance to compete for a playoff spot. What if RT gets hurt and has to miss a game, without Moore you are giving the game a way. Trading Moore for a low pick sends the message to your team that we are rebuilding this year and not trying to make a run.

I believe we once traded a 2nd rd pick for AJ Feeley, who had never done anything close to what Moore has done. Moore is the perfect backup, no way I would give him up for less than a 3rd and a player. Moore is a great influence on RT and is well respected within the locker room. He is a Philbin type of player and you can rest assured he isn't going ANY where this season. Not unless they make an offer you can't refuse.

In this league you have to replace talent with talent. You don't trade Moore for a low pick in case we get a chance to compete for a playoff spot. What if RT gets hurt and has to miss a game, without Moore you are giving the game a way. Trading Moore for a low pick sends the message to your team that we are rebuilding this year and not trying to make a run.

I believe we once traded a 2nd rd pick for AJ Feeley, who had never done anything close to what Moore has done. Moore is the perfect backup, no way I would give him up for less than a 3rd and a player. Moore is a great influence on RT and is well respected within the locker room. He is a Philbin type of player and you can rest assured he isn't going ANY where this season. Not unless they make an offer you can't refuse.

So u keep him because of the slight, slight off chance that we are in the middle of a playoff race and tanny gets injured, but only injured enough so he misses a game or two, against opponents that we would have no chance with devlin but a legitimate shot with Moore? And because of those essential, arbitrary, non-qualitative aspects a backup qb brings such as leadership, influence and whatever else you said

I'm gonna just say I disagree

like was said earlier, they offer a fourth and my erectiono is muy grande

Back
Top Bottom