What's cooking? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's cooking?

Allow me to recommend the African Reed Rat. They weigh up to twenty pounds, so you should be able to get up to 10 pounds of meat off one.

You will need a dog to catch them, they are too big for cats. I can recommend the Basenji, since what the native Africans use to hunt them, along with any other four-footed prey up to lions - no joke.

The only problem with using a Basenji is getting the prey away from them after a kill - they think the dead animal belongs to them - no joke.
I’ll remember that next time I hunting African Reed Rats.

Allow me to recommend the African Reed Rat. They weigh up to twenty pounds, so you should be able to get up to 10 pounds of meat off one.

You will need a dog to catch them, they are too big for cats. I can recommend the Basenji, since what the native Africans use to hunt them, along with any other four-footed prey up to lions - no joke.

The only problem with using a Basenji is getting the prey away from them after a kill - they think the dead animal belongs to them - no joke.
Damn, Uncle Ray, that sounds like some Scary Stuff. A bit like living back home in NYC with all the rats running around.

I went from rats in NYC to possums, raccoons, snakes and all kinds of insects, living in the woods. Inspite of the beach being about 10 minutes from me, you'd think, it be much Less of these critters here.

I pretty much do all of the cooking in my house, but during football season I tell my wife that I'm off on Sundays, meaning don't expect me to cook, do yard work, clean up the house, do laundry or whatever else needs to be done. All I want to do on football Sundays is watch the games, check my fantasy scores and hope my bets hit. So basically during the games I eat whatever she feels like making or ordering.

I pretty much do all of the cooking in my house, but during football season I tell my wife that I'm off on Sundays, meaning don't expect me to cook, do yard work, clean up the house, do laundry or whatever else needs to be done. All I want to do on football Sundays is watch the games, check my fantasy scores and hope my bets hit. So basically during the games I eat whatever she feels like making or ordering.
I admire you man. I bust my ass from 8 AM to 12 PM on Sundays. Then it's pregame until the Sunday night game ends. If do make dinner, it is something I can cook during halftime.

Damn, Uncle Ray, that sounds like some Scary Stuff. A bit like living back home in NYC with all the rats running around.

When Basenjis came to America in the 1940's, the hunters tried them out on all kinds of game, including Racoons. 'Coon Hunters wanted a dog fast enough to tree the racoons so the hunters could shoot them out of the tree.

The Basenji's had their own ideas of what to do with racoons. They were way to fast and to smart for the racoons and caught them, killed them and ate them without the hunters' help - thank you very much.

They were used as Bird dogs to point, flush and retrieve the birds. Basenjis can point birds at over 50 yards. The hunters had trouble shooting birds down when flushed at that distance.

They seemed to hunt rabbits well:

1693922960616.png

And some larger game.

1693923100474.png

Their interest shows no limit.

1693923173919.png
Circa 1919.
That's the Basenji sitting on top of the Hippo.
Notice two of the hunters have rifles and one has a spear, while the Basenji has its teeth. - LOL

I admire you man. I bust my ass from 8 AM to 12 PM on Sundays. Then it's pregame until the Sunday night game ends. If do make dinner, it is something I can cook during halftime.
I'm glad some posters make good use of half time as opposed to the "Lemmings". - LOL

You do laundry Mon to Saturday? Looking for some part time work 😂?

I interpreted that as "get hard". - LOL
Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

Back
Top Bottom