What's cooking? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's cooking?

I’m at a conference in Ohio next week, and discovered my boss put me on a flight during the game. I do have a two hour layover in Minneapolis, probably for the second half of the game. Hoping there’s a good bar at MSP to watch the game.

Nice one !! Ash says View attachment 150220....'this is my boomstick!' :cheers:

'Congri'... this very good, but easy to **** up and make it taste bland...
View attachment 150219

Tostones....better than fries....

View attachment 150221

And lastly....ya can't bring up the necronomicon without this :chuckle:

:lol:

That movie brings up such fond memories. In the mid 90's I was in my early 20's and played a game called Doom 2. My buddy had custom maps and it has all the sound bites from AoD in it. Up until that point I had not seen the movie but knew all the punchlines from that movie. Finally sat down and watched the movie with them and I was saying the lines before Bruce was! Good time, nothing like carrying your whole computer setup to someone,s house along with your friends too play some game on LAN.

That movie brings up such fond memories. In the mid 90's I was in my early 20's and played a game called Doom 2. My buddy had custom maps and it has all the sound bites from AoD in it. Up until that point I had not seen the movie but knew all the punchlines from that movie. Finally sat down and watched the movie with them and I was saying the lines before Bruce was! Good time, nothing like carrying your whole computer setup to someone,s house along with your friends too play some game on LAN.

Ooooooooooooooo LAN Parties!!!!

Yeah Doom, Quake, and for me personally, DIABLO 1 was great for that (when battle net wasn't an option)...

David Brevik Game GIF

Just make sure to still get your electrolytes. Three days is a nice length if you have any sort of experience fasting. Short enough not to cause any damage or become totally lethargic, but long enough to reset your eating habits, feel a heavy cortisol shock, slow down time, pierce the veil, and bring the Dolphins to victory.
Sounds like what I do to get ready for the ol' colonoscopy prep!

That's a good idea. Forces you to mix it up, so to speak

I'm not a fan of fish tacos though. Last time I was in SD, it was St Patrick's Day. I went to an Irish restaurant to pick up a bunch of corned beef tacos. They were pretty good, though I'm not a fan of raw cabbage.
Forces you to mix it up and try new things you normally never would. I once used it as an excuse to order fresh crawfish when we played the Saints in 2021.

I don't like seafood fish tacos either. Walleye and perch is the only way to go for me. IMO it's the best tasting fish there is and I've had fish on every continent but Australia and Antarctica.

FWI, the Irish don't even like cabbage! My roommate from college is 100% Irish (last name Green) and he basically told me the only reason they eat it now is out of tradition. :lol:

I’m at a conference in Ohio next week, and discovered my boss put me on a flight during the game. I do have a two hour layover in Minneapolis, probably for the second half of the game. Hoping there’s a good bar at MSP to watch the game.
I fly out of MSP all the time. If you have a lot of time to kill there's a PGA simulator/bar that has the games on. Otherwise there is Ike's and a B-dubs.

Forces you to mix it up and try new things you normally never would. I once used it as an excuse to order fresh crawfish when we played the Saints in 2021.

I don't like seafood fish tacos either. Walleye and perch is the only way to go for me. IMO it's the best tasting fish there is and I've had fish on every continent but Australia and Antarctica.

FWI, the Irish don't even like cabbage! My roommate from college is 100% Irish (last name Green) and he basically told me the only reason they eat it now is out of tradition. :lol:
I meant it when I said it was a good idea. In fact, I'm going to try it this season, so I'm foregoing the ribs I was going to make on Sunday and make some taco truck style asada tacos.

Absolutely no way in hell I'm making clam chowdah next week though

Fresh halibut, cod, red snapper, mahi, and swordfish is hard to beat

Damn, Uncle Ray, that sounds like some Scary Stuff. A bit like living back home in NYC with all the rats running around.

I went from rats in NYC to possums, raccoons, snakes and all kinds of insects, living in the woods. Inspite of the beach being about 10 minutes from me, you'd think, it be much Less of these critters here.

I can only imagine the zoo like conditions on the Jersey Shore.

/s

Fresh halibut, cod, red snapper, mahi, and swordfish is hard to beat
Had it all. I might give you the halibut, but IMO the other ones have to have something added to make them taste as good. Like a mango/pineapple sauce or some type of red wine reduction with blackening.

My grandpa was a butcher. When determining the "best" I'm a firm believer in letting all meat, whether fish, beef, pork or venison stand on it's own merit. Now don't get me wrong, it like a good dry rub with the best of them. But you can keep that wet-ass bbq sauce that just covers up the real taste of what the good lord intended you to enjoy.

May do some beer battered fish tacos with slaw and avocado crema for lunch (Chargers) and smoke a small brisket Saturday for dinner Sunday.

Had it all. I might give you the halibut, but IMO the other ones have to have something added to make them taste as good. Like a mango/pineapple sauce or some type of red wine reduction with blackening.

My grandpa was a butcher. When determining the "best" I'm a firm believer in letting all meat, whether fish, beef, pork or venison stand on it's own merit. Now don't get me wrong, it like a good dry rub with the best of them. But you can keep that wet-ass bbq sauce that just covers up the real taste of what the good lord intended you to enjoy.

Agree 100% on the sauce

Back
Top Bottom