#15 gabe carimi | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#15 gabe carimi

dr.jake

Rookie
Reaction score
6'7 314. plays guard or tackle.my thought is that he pushes vern inside to rg and takes over the right tackle spot. starter from day one. not a glamorous pick but a likely probowler if not this season then probably next. instantly makes henne and the backs better. the safe pick and the smart pick. (ps if amukamera miraculously falls into our laps i would take him or entertain a very sweet tradeback.)

6'7 314. plays guard or tackle.my thought is that he pushes vern inside to rg and takes over the right tackle spot. starter from day one. not a glamorous pick but a likely probowler if not this season then probably next. instantly makes henne and the backs better. the safe pick and the smart pick. (ps if amukamera miraculously falls into our laps i would take him or entertain a very sweet tradeback.)

And the QB wil be...????????

And the QB wil be...????????

you cant upgrade every hole with one pick... honestly do you see us getting a QB and his starting right away... i doubt any of these QBs that we will be able to draft are gonna have instant success (which will be the ONLY thing that will make dolphans fans happy... instant success)

I guess this will do:
10wv7rqgifborder0-1.gif

you cant upgrade every hole with one pick... honestly do you see us getting a QB and his starting right away... i doubt any of these QBs that we will be able to draft are gonna have instant success (which will be the ONLY thing that will make dolphans fans happy... instant success)

No...you can't fill every hole...but QB is the BIGGEST hole! Your argument for Carimi doesn't have much validity...OT is not as much a need as OG. Carimi here doesn't even make as much since at #15 as a pass rushing OLB.

No...you can't fill every hole...but QB is the BIGGEST hole! Your argument for Carimi doesn't have much validity...OT is not as much a need as OG. Carimi here doesn't even make as much since at #15 as a pass rushing OLB.

in not a fan of drafting an OT (mainly cuz miami already came out and said they arent moving carey) but everyone say we HAVE to get a QB at 15.... when in all reality none of them really look like quality starters and will take a FEW years to develop... how many fans on here are gonna wait for a QB to develop without lashing out at the FO and really is sparano gonna be able to wait a few years. Just because you draft a QB at 15 doesnt mean he is a franchise QB.... there will be BETTER VALUE at other positions instead of reaching for a QB at 15

in not a fan of drafting an OT (mainly cuz miami already came out and said they arent moving carey) but everyone say we HAVE to get a QB at 15.... when in all reality none of them really look like quality starters and will take a FEW years to develop... how many fans on here are gonna wait for a QB to develop without lashing out at the FO and really is sparano gonna be able to wait a few years. Just because you draft a QB at 15 doesnt mean he is a franchise QB.... there will be BETTER VALUE at other positions instead of reaching for a QB at 15

That may be true...but we have been "safe" since Marino retired. Please! this kind of "safe" rederick in the pass happy NFL is ridiculous! QB is our biggest need with RB and OG a close second. Grab a QB in the first round because after that there will be nothing left.

this qb draft simply doesn't provide the answer you seek.especialy at #15. we've already pissed enuf high picks on the like of culpepper,feely,beck,sage,harrington henne,etc.etc. with zero return.at #15 you grab a stud and not another project qb.

There is too much depth on the OL in this draft to justify taking a OL at 15 when we have other needs.

this qb draft simply doesn't provide the answer you seek.especialy at #15. we've already pissed enuf high picks on the like of culpepper,feely,beck,sage,harrington henne,etc.etc. with zero return.at #15 you grab a stud and not another project qb.

Ok...so what do you do with our other project...HENNE? Sometimes you have to roll the dice and go for it...Face it there is no "stud" in any draft if you are talking a sure thing. The Dolphins have to get a QB now...they cannot wait. Face it the Henne experiment is over. This regime knows it...if they don't get a QB and Henne has another year like last year...Ross will fire everybody!

That may be true...but we have been "safe" since Marino retired. Please! this kind of "safe" rederick in the pass happy NFL is ridiculous! QB is our biggest need with RB and OG a close second. Grab a QB in the first round because after that there will be nothing left.

yes we cant just stick with being safe but we have to be SMART with the pick too and not just take a QB for the sake of taking one

DR jake .. we need to fix the QB position now, just look at the Tampa bay bucs, they are an average team at best but had a very good year because freeman played like a franchise QB.

Mallett is worth the risk because he has the skills and ability to be a franchise QB, sure he could bust but it's worth the risk

Back
Top Bottom