#15 gabe carimi | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#15 gabe carimi

I love Gabe Carimi. I love Anthony Castonzo. Both will be excellent players, I'm sure. And, there's room for both in the Dolphins short/long term plans.

Carimi seems like he might be more possible short term because he can play LG until Carey is out of the picture. But he's never played on the right side so long term I wonder about that viability. Or maybe they just keep him as a Steve Hutchinson LG to pair with Jake Long. That's the kind of left side of a line that can MAKE an offense pretty dangerous...if you think Carimi plays LG like Hutchinson. That's kind of a sizable IF though because Carimi hasn't played there.

Castonzo, I'm not really sure what you do with him short term. Make him a LG? Or move Carey to the interior and put Castonzo back on the side he started out his Boston College career at, the right side? I don't know. I'm not all about Carey moving in to Guards. I think Guards have to be more agile, more mobile than tackles. Tackles have to be big tall pillars with long arms that can kick slide. I think Guards have to be more directionally diverse. On that basis I would probably want Castonzo to be the one kicking inside, not Carey. Then long term Carey's out and Castonzo pairs with Jake...and a good tackle tandem also impacts an offense.

But the problem is obvious. If you don't have a QB to hang your hat on, you're wasting time. Is Henne that guy? After last year, I find that hard to believe. But, who knows I guess. Maybe things click. Maybe they plan to take a QB next year. But if that's the case, I have to say it again, you're wasting valuable time continuing to trifle with a guy you know is not the answer and not grooming a guy that could be the answer.

Nobody wanted Henne to do well more than me, I even bought a Henne jersey. But I am now convinced that he doesn't see the field well and is inconsistent, and as Mel Kiper made the point, he has been since Michigan.

Yeah I don't get why Kiper like trashes Henne one minute and the next is like "Oh but they should stick with him"

Yeah I don't get why Kiper like trashes Henne one minute and the next is like "Oh but they should stick with him"

I noticed the same thing...it's almost like the Raven fan in him comes out, Kiper the Draft guy: : "Henne is inconsistent and I never liked him".....Kiper the Raven's fan " The Dolphins should stick with Henne, its too early to give up on him".

all i know is we need draft o line if we could get the best rt on the board, and then slide carey to rg we have done 2 things with one pick, we need to rebuild that oline, and that is the one pick that solves 2 problems

all i know is we need draft o line if we could get the best rt on the board, and then slide carey to rg we have done 2 things with one pick, we need to rebuild that oline, and that is the one pick that solves 2 problems

Thats all well and good, but without a QB is will be meaningless.

I love Gabe Carimi. I love Anthony Castonzo. Both will be excellent players, I'm sure. And, there's room for both in the Dolphins short/long term plans.

Carimi seems like he might be more possible short term because he can play LG until Carey is out of the picture. But he's never played on the right side so long term I wonder about that viability. Or maybe they just keep him as a Steve Hutchinson LG to pair with Jake Long. That's the kind of left side of a line that can MAKE an offense pretty dangerous...if you think Carimi plays LG like Hutchinson. That's kind of a sizable IF though because Carimi hasn't played there.

Castonzo, I'm not really sure what you do with him short term. Make him a LG? Or move Carey to the interior and put Castonzo back on the side he started out his Boston College career at, the right side? I don't know. I'm not all about Carey moving in to Guards. I think Guards have to be more agile, more mobile than tackles. Tackles have to be big tall pillars with long arms that can kick slide. I think Guards have to be more directionally diverse. On that basis I would probably want Castonzo to be the one kicking inside, not Carey. Then long term Carey's out and Castonzo pairs with Jake...and a good tackle tandem also impacts an offense.

But the problem is obvious. If you don't have a QB to hang your hat on, you're wasting time. Is Henne that guy? After last year, I find that hard to believe. But, who knows I guess. Maybe things click. Maybe they plan to take a QB next year. But if that's the case, I have to say it again, you're wasting valuable time continuing to trifle with a guy you know is not the answer and not grooming a guy that could be the answer.
Wasn't Logan Mankins an OT coming out that they kicked to guard? Also, I know you aren't too high on Nate Solder, but what about as a guard prospect? Wouldn't his athleticism serve him better inside?

mallett wont make you happy this year at all if forced to play. just get that straight through your brain should you be thinking mallett at 15.

We will look to trade down all day long IMO and yes, carimi will be a great pick if we do move down and end up with him.

Back
Top Bottom