#15 gabe carimi | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#15 gabe carimi

6'7 314. plays guard or tackle.my thought is that he pushes vern inside to rg and takes over the right tackle spot. starter from day one. not a glamorous pick but a likely probowler if not this season then probably next. instantly makes henne and the backs better. the safe pick and the smart pick. (ps if amukamera miraculously falls into our laps i would take him or entertain a very sweet tradeback.)

Can he throw the ball for Henne?

If you don't think any of the available QBs are worth the 15th pick, and you don't think you can get a good deal to trade down, I like taking Carimi.

if i have to take an olineman at #15 which i loathe the idea of i'm taking pouncey over carimi...i think ones a plug and play at left guard and the others a projection there...

pretty much what it comes down to

DR jake .. we need to fix the QB position now, just look at the Tampa bay bucs, they are an average team at best but had a very good year because freeman played like a franchise QB.

Mallett is worth the risk because he has the skills and ability to be a franchise QB, sure he could bust but it's worth the risk

tampa bay won the superbowl with brad johnson.a ninth round journeyman.

different times? it was in 2003 ! since then undrafted qbs kurt warner and jake delhomme have led their tems to the superbowl. free agent drew brees who we could have had over culpepper. brady a 6th rounder,hassselbeck a 6th rounder and rich gannon and rex grossman. we don't NEED a first round QB to turn this franchise around. (esp. when the qbs in this class simply don't shine). we need to take the BEST PLAYER ON THE BOARD! and at #15 i guarantee it ain't a QB. and wishing don't make it so.

tampa bay won the superbowl with brad johnson.a ninth round journeyman.

Everybody likes to bring up the same two rare exceptions to the rule, the problem with it is that they are exceptions.

The top 3 defenses in NFL history are the 85' Bears, 00' Ravens and the 02' Buccaneers, now the question you have to decide is do you have a better chance of landing a top ten QB in a given year by investing a high pick in one, or are your chances greater of building one of the top 3 defenses in NFL history and going with a journeyman?

Our own Dolphin history shows the odds are greater of finding a franchise QB in round one, two hall of famers who got us to the Superbowl(Griese and Marino).

different times? it was in 2003 ! since then undrafted qbs kurt warner and jake delhomme have led their tems to the superbowl. free agent drew brees who we could have had over culpepper. brady a 6th rounder,hassselbeck a 6th rounder and rich gannon and rex grossman. we don't NEED a first round QB to turn this franchise around. (esp. when the qbs in this class simply don't shine). we need to take the BEST PLAYER ON THE BOARD! and at #15 i guarantee it ain't a QB. and wishing don't make it so.

Nice Post. Completely agree.

More than half of the Superbowl winning QB's in NFL history came from round one, that makes the odds incredibly higher in round one versus getting one in a given later round or undrafted.

Everybody likes to bring up the same two rare exceptions to the rule, the problem with it is that they are exceptions.

The top 3 defenses in NFL history are the 85' Bears, 00' Ravens and the 02' Buccaneers, now the question you have to decide is do you have a better chance of landing a top ten QB in a given year by investing a high pick in one, or are your chances greater of building one of the top 3 defenses in NFL history and going with a journeyman
Our own Dolphin history shows the odds are greater of finding a franchise QB in round one, two hall of famers who got us to the Superbowl(Griese and Marino).
you seem to have left out david eugene woodley.8th rounder.

you seem to have left out david eugene woodley.8th rounder.

Yeah, the journeyman who had the best defense in the league and played awful in the Superbowl and got beat. In a strike shorted season where nearly everybody made the playoffs.

yeah. woodley playing in the superbowl sucks. (0-1 same as dan) i'd type in first round qb flameouts but it'd take about 50 pages.

yeah. woodley playing in the superbowl sucks. (0-1 same as dan) i'd type in first round qb flameouts but it'd take about 50 pages.

Dan didn't have the leagues #1 defense(his was ranked #19), and he didn't play poorly, the team around him did.

Woodley flat out cost us Superbowl 17.

Back
Top Bottom