#15 gabe carimi | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#15 gabe carimi

Duh..that goes without saying... that is why the Fins are studying nearly all the QB's in this draft and especially Mallett.

it doesnt go without saying considering alll the pick we have made that werent smart... but if we do draft a QB with the 15 pick (mallet) it will be because we think he is a franchise and not just to take a QB just to take one. but if mallet, newton and gabbert are gone, you CANT take a QB at 15.... either trade back or take a different position.

this qb draft simply doesn't provide the answer you seek.especialy at #15. .

The Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco draft did not provide an answer for us. If this draft does not provide an answer with all these different style QBs, Tyrod, Kaepernick, Gabbert, mallett, Ponder, Yates, Stanzi, Enderle, I don't think any draft ever will provide an answer for you. If Phins don't get their QB this year, they will not get one for another 10 years.

The Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco draft did not provide an answer for us. If this draft does not provide an answer with all these different style QBs, Tyrod, Kaepernick, Gabbert, mallett, Ponder, Yates, Stanzi, Enderle, I don't think any draft ever will provide an answer for you. If Phins don't get their QB this year, they will not get one for another 10 years.

it doesnt matter how many different types of QBs are in this draft.... if the right one isnt there then you wont find one. out of all those names maybe mallet and gabbert and thats it might be a franchise QB and those are the only ones worth a first rounder.

It's funny my first mock sometime in November or December had Miami taking Gabe Carimi in round 1. I like him a lot, but if the front office isn't convinced on Chad Henne I think it has to be a quarterback -- either Ryan Mallett or Christian Ponder I would think.

Ok...so what do you do with our other project...HENNE? Sometimes you have to roll the dice and go for it...Face it there is no "stud" in any draft if you are talking a sure thing. The Dolphins have to get a QB now...they cannot wait. Face it the Henne experiment is over. This regime knows it...if they don't get a QB and Henne has another year like last year...Ross will fire everybody!

This is the mentality that will kill the organization. Draft a QB simply to draft a QB. Who cares who it is-right? We need one so just go draft one at 15. Well, the other side of that is, there isn't anyone that will make any kind of difference at 15. No thanks. Tell me what the difference is of taking a QB at 15 just to take one, and taking White in the 2nd??????

The Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco draft did not provide an answer for us. If this draft does not provide an answer with all these different style QBs, Tyrod, Kaepernick, Gabbert, mallett, Ponder, Yates, Stanzi, Enderle, I don't think any draft ever will provide an answer for you. If Phins don't get their QB this year, they will not get one for another 10 years.[/QUOTE]

Worst most untrue statement of OPINION I have seen posted!

If Sparano had come out and said they were thinking of moving Carey inside it would have showed their hand, at least partially.

Never ever believe what is said by team officials this time of year. Their comments are absolutely worthless.

I defintely think the Dolphins need to focus on QB 1st, but that doesn't necessarily mean using the 15th pick on a QB.

The Dolphins will most certainly be looking to trade down. They may even trade out of the 1st round.

Depending on how things go, Carimi may be available in the late part of round 1.

Theoretically, the Dolphins could trade down and still draft a top tier OT and pick up a 2nd; and then turn around and trade up in the 2nd to get their QB.

Example: Dolphins trade down with Seattle at 25 and get their 2nd as comp. Then the Dolphins trade up with Buffalo giving them their 2012 2nd. Dolphins draft Kaepernick or Ponder with the #34 pick. Then draft a couple TE's and a RB or two, a OG/C prospect and those two specimens from CO School of Mines and you got yourself a great draft. It will be easier next year to recover the 2012 2nd because things should be back to normal, if there really is such a thing.

If the Dolphins drafted a rookie who started at RT, I think they would just cut Carey, not move him to guard. His salary doesn't justify keeping him at guard or as a backup.

There's no question they need to address the tackle position. Epic fail from Ireland so far on that score and it finally came back to bite us last season when Long and Carey got hurt. But with the #15 pick ?? Don't think so.

Carey has actually been paid most of his monster contract now. It's just 4-5m basic the rest of the way and unless his weight or knees become a major issue I think he sticks at RT

6'7 314. plays guard or tackle.my thought is that he pushes vern inside to rg and takes over the right tackle spot. starter from day one. not a glamorous pick but a likely probowler if not this season then probably next. instantly makes henne and the backs better. the safe pick and the smart pick. (ps if amukamera miraculously falls into our laps i would take him or entertain a very sweet tradeback.)

ha ha ha...........no.

This is the mentality that will kill the organization. Draft a QB simply to draft a QB. Who cares who it is-right? We need one so just go draft one at 15. Well, the other side of that is, there isn't anyone that will make any kind of difference at 15. No thanks. Tell me what the difference is of taking a QB at 15 just to take one, and taking White in the 2nd??????
Your point on what I wrote is so out of context...I just can't say it...so I will move on. I am not saying to draft a QB just to draft a QB! Only a retarded idiot would say that...However to continuous ignore the most important position (QB) is as equally stupid. This organization has played if safe too long (THAT mentality will kill an organization). Fiedler, Feeley, Henne, White, Culpepper< this list seems to be endless... since Marino retired teams have LAUGHED at our lack of ability to pass the ball. Now we have a chance with Mallett to change that. All the rumors have produced...well...nothing substanciated but rumors. The "play-it-safe" teams won't touch him. I myself for the first time since 1983 am willing to roll the dice on a "rumored- red-flag" QB. The last time that happened a guy name Dan Marino was the pick. Mallett might be a flop...grant it...but to draft an OT and keep Henne as your starter is ALREADY a flop...and we don't have to wait until January to know it!:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom