2008-2009 Nhl | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2008-2009 Nhl

WOOHOO Canes beat the Sharks AT HOME. Without our top 2 centers (well Brind'Amour hasn't really been a top 2 for a while though)

whee... Pens win 4-1

One win = A win
Two wins = a trend
Three wins = a Stre** (I won't say it yet)

Sunday on NBC it gets real ... Detroit comes to town! The puck drops at 12:30.

Let's Go PENS!!!

It's funny how Drew Stafford isn't worthless when he's playing with Connolly. I've hyped him for like 3 years on this site. For 3 years he's been hurt. Now he's healthy and puts the Sabres in a dilemma.

Lindy Ruff still uses his backup goalies worse than anybody in the league.

Flames drop their 4th in a row. Get Montreal up next, and then a roadie to LA.

Hopefully they can snap out of whatever it is that's bothering them.

(sigh)

A win today would have been HUGE. We just can't seem to string much together.

(sigh)

A win today would have been HUGE. We just can't seem to string much together.

I feeeel bad 4 u BUMPUS>> The Pens neeed to trade malkin...Sorry brooo..U can get 2 great fowards at his caliber and a nice Dman...

Id do this

Jay Bouwmesster
Nathan Horton
Stephen Weiss
1st rder

Evgeni Malkin
Rob Scuderi

I feeeel bad 4 u BUMPUS>> The Pens neeed to trade malkin...Sorry brooo..U can get 2 great fowards at his caliber and a nice Dman...

Id do this

Jay Bouwmesster
Nathan Horton
Stephen Weiss
1st rder

Evgeni Malkin
Rob Scuderi

No. You don't trade "Geno" under any circumstances.

brooo...between u and i if u know ur hockey...u cannot afford to keeep both players and u know it...get value...u wanna pay crosby and malkin 10 million per and what about the other players spread the wealth on two great players at 5 million per

Id do this

Jay Bouwmesster
Nathan Horton
Stephen Weiss
1st rder

Evgeni Malkin
Rob Scuderi

Horton re-signed before the 07-08 season so I don't think he'd be dealt. The Pens signed Malkin before this season so why would they deal him? Bouwmeester is an UFA so who knows if he'll even re-sign. Weiss is a decent player. I just don't think that the Penquins would be getting nearly enough for him in return.

Sid and Geno are both locked up for $8.7 per ... Neither are going anywhere for quite some time.

Pens Win! Pens Win! Pens Win!
Pens defeat Sharks 2-1 in the shootout. Sid scores on our third attempt, and Fleury slams the door.

Booooo Habs Boooo
Habs need a goalie,want Toskala? Only north americans allowed on the new Toronto Maple Leafs! Burke's moving all the European's out (maybe making room for Bouwmeester:chuckle:).As usual we're dreamin' large here in T.O.

Habs need a goalie,want Toskala? Only north americans allowed on the new Toronto Maple Leafs! Burke's moving all the European's out (maybe making room for Bouwmeester:chuckle:).As usual we're dreamin' large here in T.O.

carey price is weak, mentally and physically. He's had an injury in each of his first two seasons, he's caught the flu 3 times during 2 seasons, and right now, we see that he's mentally soft, crushed by his poor play.

i've never thought he would be an awesome goalie like everyone. In fact, i've seen the man in a club and i can tell by the way he handles himself and the way he tried to talk to my friend (a smokin hot blonde) that he had no confidence/swagger WHATSOEVER. He's the softest athlete i've ever witnessed in my whole life and he's goaling for my team... :boohoo:

burke is doing a good job in toronto, gainey is choking in his own vomit right now

last season, we were overachievers, and with big names like kovalev, koivu, bouillon, komisarek, halak and many others to hit free agency, he should've traded some of those guys while their stock was peaking, now they're all worth a bag of doritos...
This team is imploding and it can't be fixed by guys who'll be free agents. Bob is realizing this a little too late. Those guys are professionals, they're paid to do what they do, you show them the money or they won't compete, it's that simple

michael ryder is another perfect example, he knew he would be shown the door at the end of the season, and he knew he'd find a job elsewhere. Result ? he plays poorly all year, ending upstairs during the games and throwing paper planes in the booth (literraly !!! ) ... now? he's in boston having his best season in the last 3-4 years

i'm so sick and tired of this mess... canadiens hockey was quebecers hockey, guys who played with heart and passion for their nation and had to work during offseason to pay their bills. Those were men, those were warriors, now we're paying to see crappy europeans who, while being slightly more skilled than canadian players, don't play for pride like we do

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom