2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert

No he wasn't, Pioli/Belichek go hand and hand from 2000 to when the Chiefs got him in 2009.

And I disagree with the idea that Daboll's system doesn't "value mobility" . . . I think we saw how mobile Chad Henne had to become in Daboll's system and Matt Moore is a guy who obviously isn't RGIII mobile, but he isn't a statue either. Colt McCoy isn't a statue and neither is Seneca Wallace . . . I think Tannehill would be a good fit in Daboll's system, I just don't see Pioli putting that high of a price on Tannehill and his lack of experience.

I mean I could be wrong, but I'm just going off of history . . . maybe they love him and trade up but that isn't the norm from Pioli.

Ok. You're right about Pioli. My mistake.

I still don't agree about the Daboll offense. They coached Henne to scramble because he doesn't have very good pocket presence and because our offensive line wasn't very good. But bootlegs, rollouts... stuff like that isn't a big part of that offense. Relative to the WCO, mobility and the ability to throw on the run is minimized.

i'll tell ya this though...if ireland and sherman and philbin truly believe that this kids aaron rodgers they'll pony up more than a 3rd round pick to make sure it gets done...hell they'll pay the price to get to #3..

i sure wish i could see it

i would tend to agree with locke that if the browns think tannehill is worth a top 10 pick they'll take him at #4 instead of paying the price to come up from #22...it wouldn't be the price wash paid to move up to #2 from #6 for rg3 but it would be quite damn pricey...only way i see them having the ammo to really pull that off withoutn crippling their future draft opps is to trade down from #4 to #6 with st louis but even then you probably get a high 2nd rounder in the deal...maybe a 4th or something also...but from #22 to #7 thats multiple #1s territory plus something else

Yea but that only works if TRich doesn't get drafted at 5 . . . which I think Tampa would snatch him up quickly.

And why would the Rams move up from 6? They like Blackmon and unless Minnesota somehow doesn't take Kalil, I don't think they have anything to worry about unless Cleveland takes him. If Cleveland takes Blackmon at 4, I don't think a 2nd rounder would make them change their mind. They would really like Blackmon for that to happen and they wouldn't trade with the Rams unless the Rams potentially gave back one of those first rounders from the Skins deal.

Philbin clearly values this draft and I don't think giving up picks for hypotheticals is something he'll vibe with. I don't think it's that easy to just break up those back to back picks in the 3rd round . . . Miami likes that scenario and securing Ryan Tannehill to make that happen doesn't seem to fit. I dunno, I could be wrong, but I'm not worried about it. I think it will play out in our favor and if we like Tannehill . . . he'll be there 8 as long as the Browns pass at 4.

Back
Top Bottom