2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert

cleveland would be fools to pass on richardson. Miami is worried about cleveland jumping back up to 7 to grab Tannehill.

So Cleveland passes on him at 4, take a RB (one of the easiest positions on the field to fill . . . I don't care who it is) and then trade back up, give up a first next year more than likely to get a guy they could of already had. Their first mistake would be valuing a RB over a QB . . . if you like a guy that much to trade the picks required to get him, you just take him at 4 . . . especially if that guy is a QB.

Now if he slips past Miami, you could see them potentially trade back up . . . but they waited on Brady Quinn that one year and he slipped to the 20's and then they traded up.

I dunno, to me the draft is setting up like this:

1. Indy - Andrew Luck
2. Wash - RGIII
3. Minny - Kalil
4. Cle - TRich
5. TB - Claiborne
6. STL - Blackmon
7. Jville - who knows . . . they could go Coples/Floyd/Reiff/Ingram
8. Miami - ???

If the Tannehill talk isn't smoke . . . he is the pick. And a trade up won't be necessary.

if you don't think people are talkin about this kid and his stocks goin up and that mayock and these guys aren't having conversations with gms and scouts etc and coming to these conclusions about guys stock well amateur you are...

If you think NFL GMs and scouts are flapping their traps to media "draft gurus" and giving out truly useful info, you are naive. If they say anything at all, it's that they love everybody. GMs keep their personnel info in-house, and any of their staffers who blab will be out on the street when it's discovered.

remember, we were 75% likely to get manning

well at least i wasn't 100% like some local miami radio personalities. lol.. according to his agent and unknown to everybody else, we were all 75 % chance winners. I can't blame anyone for being fooled. what a scam that manning mania turned out to be. He picked denver the first day there and used the rest of us to drive up the price. scammed again.....

So Cleveland passes on him at 4, take a RB (one of the easiest positions on the field to fill . . . I don't care who it is) and then trade back up, give up a first next year more than likely to get a guy they could of already had. Their first mistake would be valuing a RB over a QB . . . if you like a guy that much to trade the picks required to get him, you just take him at 4 . . . especially if that guy is a QB.

Now if he slips past Miami, you could see them potentially trade back up . . . but they waited on Brady Quinn that one year and he slipped to the 20's and then they traded up.

I dunno, to me the draft is setting up like this:

1. Indy - Andrew Luck
2. Wash - RGIII
3. Minny - Kalil
4. Cle - TRich
5. TB - Claiborne
6. STL - Blackmon
7. Jville - who knows . . . they could go Coples/Floyd/Reiff/Ingram
8. Miami - ???

If the Tannehill talk isn't smoke . . . he is the pick. And a trade up won't be necessary.

the chiefs are very interested also. do you want to take that chance at 7?

If you think NFL GMs and scouts are flapping their traps to media "draft gurus" and giving out truly useful info, you are naive. If they say anything at all, it's that they love everybody. GMs keep their personnel info in-house, and any of their staffers who blab will be out on the street when it's discovered.

you got to weed thru the bs no doubt...personally i don't think tannehill is a top 10 worthy qb...but they always get overdrafted just the nature of the position...and there's zero doubt in my mind if he's there at #8 irelands pulling the trigger

our own oc mike sherman this year during the college football season even told everyone that tannehill is a future 10 year starter at qb...ie franchise guy...

Alot of people called the pick last year. Like you were the only person to say Pouncey give me a break :lol:.

Is Tannehill the only QB in the draft after Luck and Griffin?

Has college football abandoned the forward pass and is no longer using QBs, so the Fins have to draft Tannehill or forever lose the opportunity to draft another QB?

Tannehill wasn't a good enough QB to even be the backup QB at that noted QB factory, Texas A&M, his first two years. Suddenly, after fewer than 20 games, he's such a great prospect that the Fins should trade up to get him? Really? ROTFLMAO.

i guess you guys who want it moved would rather talk about david garrard and matt moore than the nfl draft...this is the time the draft talk should stay in the main forum...after the free agency frenzy and next up the draft...but carry on talking about nothing pretty much

i guess you guys who want it moved would rather talk about david garrard and matt moore than the nfl draft...this is the time the draft talk should stay in the main forum...after the free agency frenzy and next up the draft...but carry on talking about nothing pretty much

No, we can still talk about it in the right forum.
Why would we talk about the draft in the main forum when we have a draft forum, yes i know it does'nt get used much, but the more we use this forum the better, what do you think Hoops...........

I agree. The draft is weeks away and this thread has not only been topical but it has been a breath of fresh air on the main amid all the repititive Homer vs Haters, Ireland sucks vs Ireland rules threads.

I'd put money on us staying at 8 and still getting Tannehill. Moving up one spot for him is ridiculous. I mean, absolutely ****ing stupid...

No, we can still talk about it in the right forum.
Why would we talk about the draft in the main forum when we have a draft forum, yes i know it does'nt get used much, but the more we use this forum the better, what do you think Hoops...........

i think the only hope we have right now is the draft...we should talk about it in every forum...

Meh, I'd have to see it. Pioli made his name off of drafting Brady in round 6 and Cassell in round 7 . . . he isn't a "first round QB" type of GM. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I don't know where this "interest" is coming from . . . unless you are breathing in all of the late March smoke.

The Team has so many needs and Philbin values draft picks no way we give them away.I think he trades back to pick up more picks.We already had Weeden in here for a work out and now Ireland is going to Osweiler's pro day.Tannehill could be the pick at 8 but no way in hell we trade up for him

How do we know Philbin values picks? If they love tannehill, they may have to move up that 1 spot to prevent someone from trading in front of them.

Back
Top Bottom