2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert

I'm not high at all on Tannehill. He's not even a top 2 or 3 round pick in my view. The only solace I see in picking at #8 is at least the FO is going Skill position for a change. Trading up for him to any spot is completely ludicrous, picking him at #8 is bordering on stupidity.

Well your opinion would go against just about all draft experts out there.
3rd round pick! That is a laughable.

Those that are calling for Floyd or Blackmon are going to be dissappointed. Philbin has made it clear that his offense has no need for a prime #1 target. That is why Marshall was traded. Using the highest pick in the draft to secure the exact same thing would be idiotic.

The pick is obviously Tannehill. The question is will we be willing to pay the necessary price to leap up to secure him.

You are probably right . . . but there is no way you can trust anything a coach or GM says right now. Marshall was traded because he is a knuckle head and a potential cancer in the lockerroom. If our #1 WR was named Calvin Johnson, or Andre Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald . . . you can bet they would still be on the team.

They met with Michael Floyd at the combine, before they even traded Marshall . . . I think he would be a great addition, but if Tannehill is there I think it sets up nicely for him to sit this year behind Moore and Garrard and become the starter next year.

Maybe it's just me but first round picks are for players that are guaranteed to be super stars or close to it.

You don't take a "project" player with lots of "upside" in the first round. You take the sure thing player that will be a starter at the respective position for 10+ years.

We need a QB but not to the point were we should take a gamble on a project player with less than 20 games at QB.

You are late on this enduro, I think half the board already assumes he will be the pick if he is available . . . but if they trade up one spot to secure him, you are definitely the first to call that so you still have something to "redeem" your legacy on. :up:

Well to be honest this one is not that tuff this year. I have heard talk of swapping with the jags....

I will just put in the mix........DeCastro at #8.

Is it me? But I don't see us trading up at all. We need as many picks as possible.

I think if we trade up, it will be in round 2 to secure a target . . .and we would use one of those 3rd round picks.

If a guy like Fleener slides to the end of the first round, I could see them jumping ahead of the 49ers, Giants and/or Colts to try and get him.

Maybe it's just me but first round picks are for players that are guaranteed to be super stars or close to it.

You don't take a "project" player with lots of "upside" in the first round. You take the sure thing player that will be a starter at the respective position for 10+ years.

We need a QB but not to the point were we should take a gamble on a project player with less than 20 games at QB.

A. Rodgers good enough for you

If we take him I trust the fact that Philbin decided to pass on Flynn and Sherman believes he is good enough for next level. Although I think Ireland will go Decastro and Cousins/Osweiler.

I think if we trade up, it will be in round 2 to secure a target . . .and we would use one of those 3rd round picks.

If a guy like Fleener slides to the end of the first round, I could see them jumping ahead of the 49ers, Giants and/or Colts to try and get him.

we could move up and down in all rounds but we need to keep our eye on the prize. the next A. Rodgers

Tannehill has been considered a first rounder by actual scouts since before september..... all you haters need to give some reasoning for why you disagree with all the experts.

so let me guess, the browns gm told your "source" that they are going to pass on tannehill leaving him wide open for the finz to select?

all gm's have informed your "source" [or emailed you] saying they would not be trading up ahead of the finz and grabbing him?

then you got a call from ireland and he said he got the same info and would in fact be taking tannehill?

yeah.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................................

PS: thousands of people had the pouncy pick including a couple hundred on this board.

Well your opinion would go against just about all draft experts out there.
3rd round pick! That is a laughable.

How high someone is rated is not the same as how high he will be picked, I said I don't rate him as a top 3 round pick that does not mean I don't think he'll be picked there. But any team picking him imho is reaching way too high. For us, top 10 draft picks should be day one starters or at least close to it. Tannehill is a country mile away from that. If you want a young project QB with upside there are other options with better value further down in the draft. Or just wait till next year, when with the way the team is shaping up, we may be in a great position to draft Barkley.

Tannehill has been considered a first rounder by actual scouts since before september..... all you haters need to give some reasoning for why you disagree with all the experts.

I agree, the dude has tremendous upside, now we have a chance to finally get our franchise QB and everybody wants to trade down and take some scrub named osweiler, if philbin/ireland believe tannehill is the guy then get him at all costs, who cares about draft picks ireland and parcells were obsessed with stocking up on picks and where has it got us? mike mayock says tannehill is a franchise QB and is the next rivers but with mobility, are we really willing to pass that up just to trade down, get another pick, and get 4-5 years out of weeden or take a chance on osweiler? we already tried the safe method when we took long and henne in the 2nd, it didnt work, its time to get aggressive and make some moves stop being so damn conservative. Tannehill will have to sit for a year but it will be well worth it when the kid turns into a stud.

we could move up and down in all rounds but we need to keep our eye on the prize. the next A. Rodgers

:lol: Just remember Aaron sat 3 years behind Brett Favre with no pressure at all. There will be pressure from day 1 for Tannehill to push for a starting role down here and clearly it would be great if we can get Ryan to sit for a year. Aaron went in the 20's and was 3 years younger also. Tannehill's value probably resides in that area, maybe a little further down but the need for a QB makes him a viable selection at 8.

Saying he is the next Aaron Rodgers is just trying to build a buzz around a bunch of miserable fans who are hungry for a Super Bowl and are fiending for a Marino replacement. It isn't fair to put him in the category of an Aaron Rodgers right now.

That being said, I'd gamble on him with Philbin/Sherman as the coaches . . . would totally be against it if the combo was Sparano/Henning.

Even if Tannehill doesn't end up a franchise QB, if you have any thoughts right now that he "can" be one you pull the trigger . . . you pull the trigger every year within reason until you know you have one.

Back
Top Bottom