2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert

Miami would be stupid to TRADE UP for tannehill considering he is not worth a first round pick. I disagree with you...I think Miami is not as interested as everyone thinks in him. I think they take FLoyd at 8 then draft a qb in the second.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Also if Miami trades up to 3 it better be to draft Blackmon.lol

I'd love this scenario... Floyd, then Weeden in second if hes there, possibly use a 3rd to move up to grab him if neccessary

here's the only thing about richardson...i read reports he ran b/t 4.45 and 4.49 if thats accurate lock it up he's going to cleveland at #4...that dude was rediculous in drills etc yesterday...but i also read stuff that said 4.62...now that # can get you out of the top 5...

thats the only thing i wonder about...where does cleveland have his timed speed at...

cleveland would be fools to pass on richardson. Miami is worried about cleveland jumping back up to 7 to grab Tannehill.

cleveland would be fools to pass on richardson. Miami is worried about cleveland jumping back up to 7 to grab Tannehill.

from where...#22??? they better be willing to part with a 2013 1st rounder plus something else to get there...

15 spots in round 1 into the top 10 is gonna be hell of a pricey trade...especially when you're coming up for a qb...jax is gonna make out like bandits...i see the concern though but thats a long ways to go...depends on if jax is ok dropping that far and the dropoff talent wise in the early 20's

I buy it. If the FO feels they NEED to throw away a pick to move up incrementally and secure him then go right ahead. If you can do it for someone like DT, you better be able to for your future QB. I like Tannehill, watching him is not like the polished uber talents of Luck and RG3, but the potential is there. I don't know what everyone saw in Gabbert last year. I definitely prefer Tannehill as a prospect ahead of Blaine, Locker, and Ponder. He has an extremely high ceiling. At this point, any other pick would be borderline catastrophic for the franchise.

Miami is trading our whole draft for Andrew Luck Remember you heard it here first.. :) lol

Miami would be stupid to TRADE UP for tannehill considering he is not worth a first round pick. I disagree with you...I think Miami is not as interested as everyone thinks in him. I think they take FLoyd at 8 then draft a qb in the second.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Also if Miami trades up to 3 it better be to draft Blackmon.lol

I totally agree. All this "interest" in Tannehill is coming from the media and amateur draftniks, not from people actually associated with NFL teams. I don't see either Holmgren (Cleveland) or Ireland reaching for Tannehill.

were staying at 8, osweiler will be the pick at 2 or one of our 3's should cleveland trade back and take tannehill. I am sure we are measuring all the possiblities and comparisons. cus we are currently checking this guy out right?

here's the thing though if you're cleveland...if you truly believe that this kids a franchise qb in the making you don't pass him up at #4...you just don't...it trumps all...even a monster rb that comes along once every 5 years or so like rich...you take the qb when you have a chance to...

unless these guys already know that whatever jax ask for they are willing to give up to make it happen...thats the only way you even consider it...and that price starts with multiple 1st rounders...the #22 pick this year the #1 next year and probably a #2 somewhere along the way

Tannehill has been considered a first rounder by actual scouts since before september..... all you haters need to give some reasoning for why you disagree with all the experts.

Really? Given that Tannehill only played in 6-8 games before September 2011, these "actual scouts" must be pretty astute. Who were they, BTW?

I agree 150%, this kid has tremendous upside, strong arm, good accuracy, can throw on the run, ran a 4.58/40, he was a WR and in only 19 starts turned himself into a QB and learned a pro-style WC offense, that shows he is a one hell of a worker and is willing to do whatever it takes to succeed and he can adapt, is he raw? hell yea he is, but in a year or 2 this kid is gonna be a straight beast and I'm willing to pull the trigger instead of playing it safe again on kirk cousins or weeden.
He wasn't a WR who turned himself into QB, he was a QB who turned himself into a WR. He was recruited out of high school as a QB, He only turned to WR after he was told he would not be the starter nor the 2nd string QB, but the 3rd string. So Sherman moved him to WR based on his athleticism and obvious all around skills. This obviously changes nothing, but just that he was a QB his whole life.

I totally agree. All this "interest" in Tannehill is coming from the media and amateur draftniks, not from people actually associated with NFL teams. I don't see either Holmgren (Cleveland) or Ireland reaching for Tannehill.

if you don't think people are talkin about this kid and his stocks goin up and that mayock and these guys aren't having conversations with gms and scouts etc and coming to these conclusions about guys stock well amateur you are...

I agree 150%, this kid has tremendous upside, strong arm, good accuracy, can throw on the run, ran a 4.58/40, he was a WR and in only 19 starts turned himself into a QB and learned a pro-style WC offense, that shows he is a one hell of a worker and is willing to do whatever it takes to succeed and he can adapt, is he raw? hell yea he is, but in a year or 2 this kid is gonna be a straight beast and I'm willing to pull the trigger instead of playing it safe again on kirk cousins or weeden.

The Bills thought that, too, when they traded up to draft JP Losman in 2004 ...

Back
Top Bottom