2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 dolphin 1st round pick is in. its official. spoiler alert

How do we know Philbin values picks? If they love tannehill, they may have to move up that 1 spot to prevent someone from trading in front of them.

I dunno, I think it is unnecesarry panic. KC/Pioli is not trading up for a QB with the limited work Tannehill has, it is not in his nature, and Cleveland trading up to 7 from 22, when they could of picked him at 4, isn't very logical to me. Seattle just invested in Matt Flynn.

I think the biggest hurdle is the Browns at 4 . . . if Cleveland passes, I think the road is clear to take him at 8. Buffalo paid Fitzpatrick a 5 million dollar roster bonus earlier this month and I don't think they are done with him yet. Dallas? Meh, I don't think so, they brought in Orton and they spent some money in FA, I don't think they draft their future at QB just yet. Cardinals gave Kolb his roster bonus also.

Miami needs to just stay calm and i think they will be fine.

Is Tannehill the only QB in the draft after Luck and Griffin? Has college football abandoned the forward pass and is no longer using QBs, so the Fins have to draft Tannehill or forever lose the opportunity to draft another QB? Tannehill wasn't a good enough QB to even be the backup QB at that noted QB factory, Texas A&M, his first two years. Suddenly, after fewer than 20 games, he's such a great prospect that the Fins should trade up to get him? Really? ROTFLMAO.
To give the guy credit, most college Head Coaches are very reluctant to start a frosh QB day 1. Another note, did you ever hear of a guy getting better as he gains experience? I would rather have someone that keeps getting better then hits their ceiling day 1 and stays mundane throughout his whole career.

Tannehill is a guy I can def get down with at 8. His feet and the way he moves in the pocket are better than anyone in this draft besides Luck..and its pretty close. He throws on the run extremely well, his arm strength is plenty to make all of the throws. He KILLS the out routes. He just needs to improve on his anticipation, and for me that is something that comes with reps. Is he a sure thing?? No. But the draft is a crapshoot, especially at QB and with the tools he has and the new coaching staff we have I think its a risk well worth taking.

if i'm miami i am concerned about kc with tannehill and i guess cleveland also...but the most i would ever consider doing if i'm ireland is offering up one of those 3rd rounders preferably the one in 2013 when chicago is likely to be coming off a playoff berth season to move from #8 to #7...at the most

i wouldn't do it...but i think ireland very well could if it secures him the #7 pick and tannehill

Meh, I'd have to see it. Pioli made his name off of drafting Brady in round 6 and Cassell in round 7 . . . he isn't a "first round QB" type of GM. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I don't know where this "interest" is coming from . . . unless you are breathing in all of the late March smoke.

Pioli was the Director of Player Personnel with the Jets back in 2000 when they took Pennington in the 1st round.

The more likely thing to put Tannehill off the Chiefs radar is that with Daboll as their new OC they'll be running a Patriots style offense that doesn't particularly value mobility at the quarterback position. We tried to trade for Orton when Daboll was here and that's probably more of the kind of quarterback he wants.

Tannehill wasn't a good enough QB to even be the backup QB at that noted QB factory, Texas A&M, his first two years. Suddenly, after fewer than 20 games, he's such a great prospect that the Fins should trade up to get him? Really? ROTFLMAO.

ummmm, he was a WR and converted to QB, not only did he convert from WR to QB but he did it effectively while running a very complex pro-style West Coast offense, that shows the kid can learn quick and has tremendous upside and can adapt quickly, I'll listen to guys like mayock, kiper, and mcshay over you any day

chiefs are said to be high on the dts and kuechly with that #11 pick...

ummmm, he was a WR and converted to QB, not only did he convert from WR to QB but he did it effectively while running a very complex pro-style West Coast offense, that shows the kid can learn quick and has tremendous upside and can adapt quickly, I'll listen to guys like mayock, kiper, and mcshay over you any day
No he wasn't, this is the 2nd time you said this in this thread. I posted this on page 4 Quote Originally Posted by thesparanos13 View Post
I agree 150%, this kid has tremendous upside, strong arm, good accuracy, can throw on the run, ran a 4.58/40, he was a WR and in only 19 starts turned himself into a QB and learned a pro-style WC offense, that shows he is a one hell of a worker and is willing to do whatever it takes to succeed and he can adapt, is he raw? hell yea he is, but in a year or 2 this kid is gonna be a straight beast and I'm willing to pull the trigger instead of playing it safe again on kirk cousins or weeden.
He wasn't a WR who turned himself into QB, he was a QB who turned himself into a WR. He was recruited out of high school as a QB, He only turned to WR after he was told he would not be the starter nor the 2nd string QB, but the 3rd string. So Sherman moved him to WR based on his athleticism and obvious all around skills. This obviously changes nothing, but just that he was a QB his whole life.

well that just shows how good of an athlete this kid is, he still spent a year at WR and jumped back over to QB which is impressive

I dunno, I think it is unnecesarry panic. KC/Pioli is not trading up for a QB with the limited work Tannehill has, it is not in his nature, and Cleveland trading up to 7 from 22, when they could of picked him at 4, isn't very logical to me. Seattle just invested in Matt Flynn.

I think the biggest hurdle is the Browns at 4 . . . if Cleveland passes, I think the road is clear to take him at 8. Buffalo paid Fitzpatrick a 5 million dollar roster bonus earlier this month and I don't think they are done with him yet. Dallas? Meh, I don't think so, they brought in Orton and they spent some money in FA, I don't think they draft their future at QB just yet. Cardinals gave Kolb his roster bonus also.

Miami needs to just stay calm and i think they will be fine.

This draft is like chess. if they pick up richardson at 4, miami sits at 8 all fat and happy and forgets about cleveland. then boom they move back up to 7 and grab both prospect. Holmgren would look like a genius. Cleveland is loaded with picks and no stars.

This draft is like chess. if they pick up richardson at 4, miami sits at 8 all fat and happy and forgets about cleveland. then boom they move back up to 7 and grab both prospect. Holmgren would look like a genius. Cleveland is loaded with picks and no stars.

thats something I never thought about but could happen

Pioli was the Director of Player Personnel with the Jets back in 2000 when they took Pennington in the 1st round.

The more likely thing to put Tannehill off the Chiefs radar is that with Daboll as their new OC they'll be running a Patriots style offense that doesn't particularly value mobility at the quarterback position. We tried to trade for Orton when Daboll was here and that's probably more of the kind of quarterback he wants.

No he wasn't, Pioli/Belichek go hand and hand from 2000 to when the Chiefs got him in 2009.

And I disagree with the idea that Daboll's system doesn't "value mobility" . . . I think we saw how mobile Chad Henne had to become in Daboll's system and Matt Moore is a guy who obviously isn't RGIII mobile, but he isn't a statue either. Colt McCoy isn't a statue and neither is Seneca Wallace . . . I think Tannehill would be a good fit in Daboll's system, I just don't see Pioli putting that high of a price on Tannehill and his lack of experience.

I mean I could be wrong, but I'm just going off of history . . . maybe they love him and trade up but that isn't the norm from Pioli.

Considering what Washington gave up to move up to number 2, why would Cleveland give up the bounty it would take to move up from the 20s all the way to 7? That pretty much goes against what Holmgren has done up until now. I don't believe that's a possibility. If the Browns want him, they'll take him at 4. If he gets by the Browns, he will be there at 8. Trading up one spot is a rookie move...

i would tend to agree with locke that if the browns think tannehill is worth a top 10 pick they'll take him at #4 instead of paying the price to come up from #22...it wouldn't be the price wash paid to move up to #2 from #6 for rg3 but it would be quite damn pricey...only way i see them having the ammo to really pull that off withoutn crippling their future draft opps is to trade down from #4 to #6 with st louis but even then you probably get a high 2nd rounder in the deal...maybe a 4th or something also...but from #22 to #7 thats multiple #1s territory plus something else

Orrr . . .

They could go:

1. TRich
2. Stephen Hill
3. Coby Fleener (may have to give up something to jump ahead of a couple of teams)

and ride with Colt McCoy one more season (because last year they surrounded him with nothing) and then when the verdict is out . . . they can throw their hat in the ring for a QB next year and keep the talent they gathered this season.

You don't pass up on a QB you LOVE and hope to get him later by giving up a boatload of picks . . . you take the QB and move on. A trade up from 22 to 7 isn't logical when they can take the QB at 4. To give up the amount to move up you would have to love the guy . . . if u love him, take him at 4. QB>>>>RB every time.

Back
Top Bottom