2014 Combine measurements: RB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 Combine measurements: RB

Miller is 6', 205 lbs...Carey is 5'9" 207...if Carey were 6' tall he'd weigh 222 (rule of thumb, 5 lbs of muscle per inch of height). Carey is not a light weight, he's actually pretty good size.

LeSean McCoy 5'11" 208 lbs - not a bad running back but I guess since he's not 230 lbs he's a lightweight.
Matt Forte 6'2" 218 lbs - Take away 5" of height and he's 5'9" 193 lbs. He's not a "thick" player.
Jamal Charles 5'11" 199 lbs - now he's a lightweight. He had a decent season I suppose 1287 yards rushing, another 693 receiving...was about 40% of Kansas City's offense.
Alfred Morris - 5'10" 218 lbs - Good size RB.
Adrian Peterson - 6'1" 217 lbs - Take 4" of height away and he's 5'9" 197 lbs. Also not a thick player.

That's not to say that the taller players with more weight doesn't make a difference it's just to point out the size/weight ratio that you're making a big deal out of because you're only looking at the weight and determining that the running back is a lightweight. If you saw a guy walking down the street who was 5'9" and 210 lbs and another guy 6'2" 210 pounds which one would you think look more overweight?

By the way the 5 guys listed were the top 5 rushers in the league last year.

McCoy needed to add weight to his lower half when he came out, I think weight distribution is a lot more important than their actual weight. His #'s definitely spiked when he started working on his lower half.

No one is going to call Forte small, thick lower half that can break tackles.

Charles has gamebreaking speed, something Carey doesn't have.

Alfred Morris is a thick MOFO.

AP is a freak, can't use whatever this 5" rule of thumb thing is on him. All muscle.

Kadeem's a little skinnier in the lower half than I like, but I've got other concerns about him. Book isn't closed though, moving onto watching the RB's now.

Edit: Not saying I don't like him, right now there's guys I liked more and would like a little more of a grinder. I get the appeal tho, personally I disagree on Carlos Hyde with you. I think he can fit any scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Tre Mason potential all down starter. See someonelike TBs Doug MArtin for someone phins will draft.

Btw Miller bulked up to about 215-220'ish during the 2013 offseason

Btw Miller bulked up to about 215-220'ish during the 2013 offseason

Pretty sure I had read somewhere that he said he didn't want to gain any weight so that he could maintain his speed but I can't find it now. He's listed as 212.

He's listed as 216 on NFL.com/espn.com and 218 on miamidolphins.com. I'm pretty sure he was heavier before the end of the season though.

I have some inside info on Storm Johnson and I'll do a writeup when I get home from work. Not about draft stock or any of that, just the type of back and teammate he is.

Back
Top Bottom