2014 QB Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2014 QB Draft

I'd use a late pick on Fales. Hasn't had a very good year but he's looking like a late rounder. Has a really good feel for the position and I think would suit this offense.

Let me be clear.

If Ryan Tannehill have been available at 2013 draft, he could have been the top pick overall.

If Ryan Tannehill has been available for this class, he would be the 1st pick overall.

Picking a project QB every single year is a must in this league, but that doesn't mean to use a high pick on it.

Tannehill would have a difficult time breaking the top 10 in this draft.

If tannehill played like manziels did vs Lsu this board would be roasting him...the qb was not good in that game...had plenty of time and missed throws all over the place...

The arms got me a little concerned I see a lot of double hitching to get the ball down the field on some routes...doesn't have tannehills arm from the pocket

If tannehill played like manziels did vs Lsu this board would be roasting him...the qb was not good in that game...had plenty of time and missed throws all over the place...

The arms got me a little concerned I see a lot of double hitching to get the ball down the field on some routes...doesn't have tannehills arm from the pocket

If Tannehill played like Manziel in any of Manziel's other games this season, FH would already be trying to put him in the Hall of Fame. I think there's more meat on the bone with Tannehill. I think a system more like the one in Seattle would do wonders for him and the team in general.

I think the LSU game was more about LSU thoroughly dominating A&M physically on offense and defense. LSU's DB's were able to hold and interfere with A&M WR's all day, and apart from Mike Evans, A&M's WR's don't match up with LSU's secondary on a physical level. The play where Evans was interfered with and dropped a TD pass summed up the game. No call on the PI, dropped pass in the end zone. If Manziel had 3 TD passes on the day (which he would have with the two drops), people wouldn't be saying that Manziel had such a terrible day. He did miss throws, no doubt, but look at the conditions. Mettenberger (who should go in the 1st RD) was 11 for 20 despite having two outstanding WR's and 8 or 9 defenders in the box all game. The weather was an issue for both QB's. The difference is that Manziel is asked to do everything for his team every single week. It's a recipe for losing, and Sumlin should take a better job elsewhere at season's end, but Manziel is brilliant enough to beat SEC teams despite QB'ing for a Big 12 team.

I must say that the David Fales vs Derek Carr match-up was quite fun to watch, especially the first half. Two prospects that have a great chance to be drafted in the first two rounds. And not just because of that game.

I must say that the David Fales vs Derek Carr match-up was quite fun to watch, especially the first half. Two prospects that have a great chance to be drafted in the first two rounds. And not just because of that game.

I was wondering if anyone else saw that today. Slimm wasnt kidding. These kids can sling it. Carr looks to have some ability to run as well. I really like the way the ball comes out of Fales' hand.

I'd use a late pick on Fales. Hasn't had a very good year but he's looking like a late rounder. Has a really good feel for the position and I think would suit this offense.

If David Fales is a late rounder then they're all late rounders. I don't see anything about him that looks like a late rounder.

Fales might be the best qb coming out this year. That was one of the most fun games I've seen in a while.

If Tannehill played like Manziel in any of Manziel's other games this season, FH would already be trying to put him in the Hall of Fame. I think there's more meat on the bone with Tannehill. I think a system more like the one in Seattle would do wonders for him and the team in general.

I think the LSU game was more about LSU thoroughly dominating A&M physically on offense and defense. LSU's DB's were able to hold and interfere with A&M WR's all day, and apart from Mike Evans, A&M's WR's don't match up with LSU's secondary on a physical level. The play where Evans was interfered with and dropped a TD pass summed up the game. No call on the PI, dropped pass in the end zone. If Manziel had 3 TD passes on the day (which he would have with the two drops), people wouldn't be saying that Manziel had such a terrible day. He did miss throws, no doubt, but look at the conditions. Mettenberger (who should go in the 1st RD) was 11 for 20 despite having two outstanding WR's and 8 or 9 defenders in the box all game. The weather was an issue for both QB's. The difference is that Manziel is asked to do everything for his team every single week. It's a recipe for losing, and Sumlin should take a better job elsewhere at season's end, but Manziel is brilliant enough to beat SEC teams despite QB'ing for a Big 12 team.

Come on man...he had plenty of time in the pocket on just about every drop back and still left a ton of plays on the field...

I'd say look at 2015, because I think the regime stays, Tannehill has some good games at the end of the season, and it's all JUST enough to make Ross think we are on the right track. They'll have one more year to fix the offense. If they can't, then the whole thing starts over and that would be our chance for a QB.

I don't think there's any chance at all we take a QB in the draft, unless Philbin and Sherman are gone.

Back
Top Bottom