2015 Preliminary List of Prospects by School | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Preliminary List of Prospects by School

Hate to burst your bubble, but I gave Ogbuehi a 3rd round grade. Out of 5 games, I can count on one hand how many times he got inside hands in the run or pass. He's a pretty good athlete but terrible with his hands. Soft. No movement in the run game. Lacks any nastiness whatsoever. Lacks the hand use to protect the edge, lacks the size/strength to anchor against bull rushers, and oversets too often. A few games (notably LSU) he went against a mush rush so he basically did nothing. And they run the ball about 2 times a game. I look at him as a swing tackle with added value that he can play all 4 positions (started at RG in 2012). Will be overdrafted.

Peat received a top 5 grade for me. Not the best feet in the world, but makes up for it with outstanding length. In five games I saw him give up only two pressures, both for sacks, when he overset and gave up the inside shoulder. Also lost on 1 bull rush vs Tuitt when he got up high and didn't keep inside hands. But he still anchored enough not to give up the pressure. My only concern is his balance. He spends wayyyyyy to much time on the ground in the run game. Especially vs USC in 2013. He is not a good 2nd level blocker because of this. But you're drafting him to be a pass protector, not a 2nd level blocker. He has the potential to be an All-Pro Left Tackle for a very long time.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I don't think Erving is a Franchise Left Tackle. He oversets way too often, and doesn't anchor well. He still got a 1st round grade but not top 10. I like Scherff more, but he is exclusively a right tackle. Lacks the feet to mirror speed rushers at the NFL. But he's a nasty son of a bitch in the run game. You want him at Right Tackle to generate movement. He'll also overset and give a two way go as well.

You're not bursting any bubble haha...I don't have anything I watched in writing yet and it's a learning process. But I recall that I really like how Ogbuehi uses his length and he's a very quality athlete. Chances are I'll disagree with you on him, but not until I get a fresh look at everyone.

You're not bursting any bubble haha...I don't have anything I watched in writing yet and it's a learning process. But I recall that I really like how Ogbuehi uses his length and he's a very quality athlete. Chances are I'll disagree with you on him, but not until I get a fresh look at everyone.

No disputing his athleticism, I just don't really like the player. He gets abused by Dee Ford as well, ended up costing A&M the game. I'm hoping to have a top 25 done by the end of the week.

WR Chris Harper, Cal*
WR Bryce Treggs, Cal*
WR Charone Peake, Clemson* - recovering from torn ACL
WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Eastern Illinois*
DT Eddie Goldman, Florida St*
WR Deon Long, Maryland
OT Erick Flowers, Miami*
CB Tracy Howard, Miami*
SS Deon Bush, Miami*
G Jon Feliciano, Miami
CB KeiVarae Russell, Notre Dame*
WR Sterling Shepard, Oklahoma*

Just glancing through the list, BTW there's quite a few duplicates.

WR Chris Harper, Cal*
WR Bryce Treggs, Cal*
WR Charone Peake, Clemson* - recovering from torn ACL
WR Dorial Green-Beckham, Eastern Illinois*
DT Eddie Goldman, Florida St*
WR Deon Long, Maryland
OT Erick Flowers, Miami*
CB Tracy Howard, Miami*
SS Deon Bush, Miami*
G Jon Feliciano, Miami
CB KeiVarae Russell, Notre Dame*
WR Sterling Shepard, Oklahoma*

Just glancing through the list, BTW there's quite a few duplicates.

Awesome appreciate it, and ya I've noticed that...some guys get listed at 2 positions which I think is the main issue. The more I look through it the more I'll get that sort of stuff sorted out.

No disputing his athleticism, I just don't really like the player. He gets abused by Dee Ford as well, ended up costing A&M the game. I'm hoping to have a top 25 done by the end of the week.

Looking forward to seeing it..I'll definitely watch that Auburn game first too when I get down to it.

That is certainly some bad tape....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLWYpqYAt3U
Particularly the back to back plays at 1:55...hadn't seen him look that bad until I saw that one. But ya, opinion will come at a later date haha...playing some serious patty cake in that game tho.

Like with Erving I think this year is big for their development.

Pretty sure he's only a sophomore but when you watch Notre Dame, keep an eye on Jaylon Smith. I think he will be pretty good. He played high school fb very very close to me and I got to see him destroy our towns team in sectionals (I believe) he did it all for them, god mode against our little hick town lol

That is certainly some bad tape....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLWYpqYAt3U
Particularly the back to back plays at 1:55...hadn't seen him look that bad until I saw that one. But ya, opinion will come at a later date haha...playing some serious patty cake in that game tho.

Like with Erving I think this year is big for their development.

If you think that's bad make sure you watch the last two plays of the game.

I like Taylor Kelly, ASU quarterback...my alma mater.

my prediction for next years first rounder is a Free Safety

If you think that's bad make sure you watch the last two plays of the game.

This is absolutely correct. It's why I don't subscribe to the theory that Ja'Wuan James was this tremendous reach at #19 while in the same breath a kid like Ogbuehi is a top 10 pick. Dee Ford devastated Cedric Ogbuehi... while Ja'Wuan James completely neutralized Ford one-on-one. I hear a lot of folks talk about a kid like Joel Bitonio as if he's somehow in the same class as Ja'Wuan James in pass protection, but he's just not. This was made clear at the Senior Bowl. You're talking about a kid who's even built like a guard and moves like a guard rather than an offensive tackle.

Brandon Scherff is the head of the class in my opinion for the 2015 class of offensive tackles. Love the way this kid plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, this is a nice thread but there's quite a few players that can be added. Specifically outstanding JUCO players that are ready to explode this year make a name for themselves and probably be one and done type players. As far as Alabama goes, I think Jarran Reed is one. He put us all on notice at Alabama's spring game that he's ready. Unblockable.

Also WR Chris Black. He's ready to explode. Black is just as talented and just as highly recruited as Amari Cooper was coming out of high school. Actually, he even edged out Amari Cooper for the top spot at WR in Alabama's 2012 class. He was ready to break out as a freshman until he took a hit from Ryan Anderson in fall practice, suffered and injury that forced him to redshirt. Instead, it was Cooper that broke out as a freshman. Chris has worked hard, perservered, and is ready. Mark my words, he'll establish himself early in the season and earn that name back. Shooting up the boards of draftniks everywhere in the process.

How far into the process have you gotten? I watch 5 games on each prospect. Finished RB, and OL, working on WR now. I'm saving QB for last, and so far I have 4 first round grades on the OL and 2 on RB's.

Todd Gurley and the kid out of Wisconsin?

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

This draft will be a much better draft for QB and RB....

I may take the summer to actually watch some games and get a grasp on who I want to pay attention to during this NCAA season

ekpro olomu and amari cooper would have been top 20 picks had they come out in this class...olomu shut down marquise lee even had him so frustrated with the physicality he was crying to the officials most of the game...you wanna talk about a tackling corner that is the guy...antoine winfield like tackler and physical player...only question there is he needs to come in at 5 ft 10 plus to validate a potential top 10 grade...can man the slot and play the boundary...

would have been the top corner on my board had he come out...coops special also

agree that sherff is the top tackle of iowa...they got a special corner coming up also but he's only a sophomore...a year away but he's a stud...

jake mcgee is a tight end i've been pimping for a while he's transferring to florida the gators are getting a good one i would love to see lazor target him in 2015 given they have worked together...red zone and flex mismatch not much of a blocker but will be surprised if it's still on the board after day 2 next year

the wisconsin back melvin gordon is like a cross between chris johnson and jamaal charles...special kid there...no doubt there's gonna be some first round pick rbs in next years class

i dont see it with dorian green backham...looks slow i see the size and all but i dont see the separation...plays high 4.6's imo...large catch radius likely will get overdrafted

i think the miami tight end walford is interesting but it's in an hback kind of way...still he's a pro and the most interesting prospect of the canes outside of duke johnson...walfords underrated...you couldnt talk me into a pick on denzel perryman

the ogbuehi grades around here were always inflated...

Last edited by a moderator:
ekpro olomu and amari cooper would have been top 20 picks had they come out in this class...olomu shut down marquise lee even had him so frustrated with the physicality he was crying to the officials most of the game...you wanna talk about a tackling corner that is the guy...antoine winfield like tackler and physical player...only question there is he needs to come in at 5 ft 10 plus to validate a potential top 10 grade...can man the slot and play the boundary...

would have been the top corner on my board had he come out...coops special also

agree that sherff is the top tackle of iowa...they got a special corner coming up also but he's only a sophomore...a year away but he's a stud...

jake mcgee is a tight end i've been pimping for a while he's transferring to florida the gators are getting a good one i would love to see lazor target him in 2015 given they have worked together...red zone and flex mismatch not much of a blocker but will be surprised if it's still on the board after day 2 next year

the wisconsin back melvin gordon is like a cross between chris johnson and jamaal charles...special kid there...no doubt there's gonna be some first round pick rbs in next years class

i dont see it with dorian green backham...looks slow i see the size and all but i dont see the separation...plays high 4.6's imo...large catch radius likely will get overdrafted

i think the miami tight end walford is interesting but it's in an hback kind of way...still he's a pro and the most interesting prospect of the canes outside of duke johnson...walfords underrated...you couldnt talk me into a pick on denzel perryman

the ogbuehi grades around here were always inflated...

What's wrong with DP?

Back
Top Bottom