2017 Kiko Alonso thread. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Kiko Alonso thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly you get blasted alot for this but just from reading these threads there is no opinion I respect more than yours, you always provide alot of detail and evidence for any claim you post and you have a ton of knowledge about the defensive schemes its really impressive. I was always a Kiko fan but I am starting to notice these things alot more now, his blitzes were so awful it was embarrassing.

Nice analysis SOS, thanks.

And this also inspires me to actively get back on my anti-Tannenbum (and lackey Grier) soapbox :biggrin

0cb7131cd6fee8bcfadf3bb08ca6d15c330385b3.gif

Nice analysis SOS, thanks.

And this also inspires me to actively get back on my anti-Tannenbum (and lackey Grier) soapbox :biggrin

0cb7131cd6fee8bcfadf3bb08ca6d15c330385b3.gif

I never got off mine. Im just trying to be a little less obssesed now im supposed to be one of the respectable folks

I agree that Kiko Alonzo does need to do a better job, especially now with Timmons getting himself suspended, and possibly eventually being shown the door, but Kiko does still make plays, take Kiko away from this defense, with what we have, and we are are in deep dodo.

Either way, great job SOS, though i know it's unfair,because if how much works goes into doing it, I hope you are able to do this each week. Thanks

Appreciate the time you took for this thread sons. I've thought Kiko was decent for awhile, and you've definitely swayed my opinion. I think we could do worse still, but we should upgrade in the future from him as well

I would say "nice" post but we have been suffering through these anti Kiko posts for over a year now.

That popped run by Oliver is on Harris not setting the edge.

Kiko is a liability in Pass Coverage, not news.

If you think he is that bad, wait until you see the rest of the dread we are about to trot out there for the rest of the season.

Mauluga, Hull, March, Anthony.

Will you slam the table and break down how awful the rest of the guys are or will we continue to be subjected to only Kiko hate?

We're not paying them anything.

If Kiko was playing on the tender I honestly wouldn't give two shits about the situation because there would be no long term commitment, no overpaying, no questioning his level of effort the way you can do with some players after they get paid, flexibility to replace him at the end the year....instead dumb ass Tannenbaum rushed to pay him because he's Cuban and he made one play to win a game. What a tool. Can't believe this fool actually convinced Ross to let him run a team again.

Last edited:
I've singled out Alonso b/c there is a constant and prevalent misconception that he is an asset to our defense. People notice his splash plays that happen every few or so games, but they don't recognize his many errors and lack of significance in all the other snaps that occur in every game. I have often been berated (see quoted post above) when I point out those issue in mere words, so I felt a thread with visual evidence was worthy to proceed with.

You're are correct that Harris is a culprit for attacking so strongly upfield and lacking awareness to a possible run (a knock on him in college as well), but that doesn't exempt the rest of the 10 defenders from following their assignments and making the proper play on the ball.

There are two types of run defense philosophies, Force and Spill. Our run defense philosophy is Force, meaning we contain the edges and funnel the runner inside to more help. A run defender's responsibility in our scheme is to have an outside-in relationship to the ball. In the play we are discussing Alonso must continue to pursue the outside edge in order to force the ballcarrier back inside to the help that is flowing toward the ball.

Here is the play being discussed.

In that clip Alonso clearly does not adhere to our run principles, takes an inside path to the ball, gives up the edge, and allows a 26 yard gain. That's unacceptable regardless of whoever else might have missed an assignment.

That inside out path = bad fundamentals for our defense.

But, but, but, he gets TACKLES.

The play that shows Kiko to be Kiko is the goal line play. He flat out dove at the lead blocker and made zero impact to the play. Just looks like he's around the play.

Like Kiko or not, that was a great job by SOS.....he's not just saying Kiko sucks just for the heck of it. He's putting out real evidence to state his case. I'd love to see more of this. Actually, would like to see more video on the DE's that gave Rivers all day to pass.

p.s. I care about soccer. just saying

Ozzy rules!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom