2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios

The browns played 2 games with arguably a top 5 WR in all of the NFL,they have a decent defense and now have a formidable weapon in gordon.And they are at home.And Baltimore is only -7.gordon is averaging 22 ypc

They are still playing with Deshone Kizer at QB.

Too many things probably have to happen for us to get in, but this felt like our Super Bowl for 2017, and that’s enough for me until next year — when we should be a playoff team.

That's why i wrote "somehow". I don't see it happening... But I actually think if we can win out, there is quite a good chance we could get in.

So do I. And it looks like people here already calculated and if we finish 9-7 there is a great chance of us getting in. That involves us beating three playoff contenders on the way, one of which is a division opponent who should be able to split with us. But those are both hugely flawed teams right now. Buffalo can't figure out its offense and KC is just a dumpster fire right now, albeit a dumpster fire that reminds me alot of ourselves in terms of the talent they put on the field.

Too many things have to happen, but this felt like our Super Bowl for 2017, and that’s enough for me until next year — when we should be a playoff team.

Anytime you can beat the Patriots on national TV it feels like a Super Bowl. Its just that much fun to see those guys lose to us when they and their fans just don't take it well at all. Though I've gotta be honest, they looked pretty defeated most of the game, and not the whiny we expect to win Pats through the entire thing.

If we win out we have a good shot. The Rams and Jags should take care of business vs the Titans. I just don't know about tie breakers though if Miami, Tennessee, and KC all end up with the same records. I don't see Baltimore losing any of their final 3 games vs the Colts, Brown's, or bengals.

If we win out we have a good shot. The Rams and Jags should take care of business vs the Titans. I just don't know about tie breakers though if Miami, Tennessee, and KC all end up with the same records. I don't see Baltimore losing any of their final 3 games vs the Colts, Brown's, or bengals.

We would have won versus both of those teams. Also we will have a better conference record than all of them, so either way we would get in versus those two at 9-7.

We would have won versus both of those teams. Also we will have a better conference record than all of them, so either way we would get in versus those two at 9-7.
I'm assuming the same scenario if it's SD we end up in a 3 way tie with then...

Anytime you can beat the Patriots on national TV it feels like a Super Bowl. Its just that much fun to see those guys lose to us when they and their fans just don't take it well at all. Though I've gotta be honest, they looked pretty defeated most of the game, and not the whiny we expect to win Pats through the entire thing.
The difference is this Patriots team came down to earth week one when they lost to start their 'undefeated season'

They aren't quite humble but more human

Playoffs are really not so far fetched then... although none of our games are a given. It won't be easy to beat buffalo, and I don't have much confidence in Burke finding a way to stop Travis Kelce.

The difference is this Patriots team came down to earth week one when they lost to start their 'undefeated season'

They aren't quite humble but more human

Brady probably remembers just how frequently we've had his number down in Miami. Also he may realize that with him not chasing an undefeated season and still the division wrapped up pretty much that losing won't really matter much. It's about the championship, not sealing the division in week 14.

Tennessee & SD & BUF are the ones we want to lose. The icing on the cake would be BALT. But I don’t foresee them losing to Cleveland this week. Jimmy G can possibly lead the 9ers over TEN. He looks like he can move an inept offense. Hypothetically, we could have the 6th seed on a good hold this week at 7-7 if we beat BUF, and Tennessee & SD & BALT all lose. Let’s just go game by game. We are 0-0 right now, trying to get to 1-0.

Playoffs are really not so far fetched then... although none of our games are a given. It won't be easy to beat buffalo, and I don't have much confidence in Burke finding a way to stop Travis Kelce.

It seems like Alex Smith may stop Travis Kelce. I don't think anyone here assumes anything is a given, we're a 6-7 team. What we are looking at is that after week 15 we have a good shot of making the playoffs if we take care of our own business. The only two times we've made the playoffs in recent years we've pretty much had to do the same thing so it's not impossible. After the dumpster fire that's been this season it's terrific to see that it's still very possible. It's even more satisfying when even the broadcast crew for tonight was saying we weren't officially out of it but were practically out, when you after an upset win and realize that not only is there a chance for you to make the playoffs if you win out, the way the weekend has gone its actually rather likely IF YOU WIN OUT. That will be hard to do, but so were 2008 and 2016.

Tennessee & SD & BUF are the ones we want to lose. The icing on the cake would be BALT. But I don’t foresee them losing to Cleveland this week. Jimmy G can possibly lead the 9ers over TEN. He looks like he can move an inept offense. Hypothetically, we could have the 6th seed on a good hold this week at 7-7 if we beat BUF, and Tennessee & SD & BALT all lose. Let’s just go game by game. We are 0-0 right now, trying to get to 1-0.

It doesn't matter for us who out of KC or SD loses, at least not at this point. We have to beat KC to get the wildcard anyway and will have a tiebreaker over both no matter which one we compete with. Buffalo also doesn't matter in their other games since we either beat them twice, in which case we'll leapfrog them, or go home. Tennessee is the rub. Realistically it's wishful thinking that an 8-5 team will go 1-2 down the stretch. I know we're seeing a game versus LAR and Jax, but that Jax game might not be meaningful for the Jags, in which case even if they play to win they might not really be playing that hard. Definitely have to root hard for SF because the other stuff might not fall into place like one might imagine.

Back
Top Bottom