2022 Miami Dolphins QB.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
TT is the '22 starter. The off-season will be all about adding talent. I'd say 'upgrade,' but, at some positions, there has to be talent to upgrade
I agree with you. Build up the offense around Tua and if he stinks next season you can draft a QB in 2023 with hopefully a new GM and head coach. They will have two first round picks in that draft and the ammo to move up if they want. I like CJ Stroud out of Ohio State.

The answer to the crux of the OP’s question is that yes, the smartest thing to do would be to spend this off-season building the supporting cast of a clearly deficient offense that lacks the OL, RBs, and WRs to compete for playoff wins no matter who is playing quarterback.

Then, assuming we have a good and well-rounded team next offseason (something we haven’t had in approximately two decades), but lack the quarterback to compete in the playoffs, the smart thing to do would be to go all-in on resolving the QB hole with our two first round picks and any other future assets we need to mortgage to put us over the top.

Because that is the clearly smart move, we can be sure the Dolphins won’t do it. I’m prepared for a premature all-in trade for a quarterback, a few 10-7 to 8-9 type seasons, and a new regime in 2025.

I still feel with a proper line and running game we can better assess Tua. I know going into another season this should not be the discussion but we have poor personnel running this show and it is what it is.
A pocket passer running for his life on most plays does not provide proper assessment.
Everyone and their mother knows that the Dolphins line is an embarrassing joke.

If we fix the line and running game via FA and draft and Tua still $hits the bed then of course we move on from him. I would be packing his bags myself!
Not sure how bringing in Watson improves those 2 areas, but some of our fans have a major man crush on Deshaun.

I feel like Russell Wilson makes a good line bad. It’s crazy how long he can hold it sometimes

whichever guy costs the least. Watson will cost loads of picks, Wilson shouldnt.

can we get a pick for Tua?

The only rumors came from a desperate Houston team. No one is trading anything of value for him unless he is cleared of the allegations. Rodgers or Tua 2022!

Watson will be traded but it won’t be to the Dolphins. Tua will be the Dolphins starter in 2022 and if they still are not convinced after the 2022 season he is the answer at the QB position. The New GM and HC will trade up and select a new QB in the 2023 draft.

If Tua shows in 2022 he is the long term answer. Flores and Grier will still be Miami and they will use the 2023 draft to continue to build the offense and defense.

I feel like Russell Wilson makes a good line bad. It’s crazy how long he can hold it sometimes
I wanted Wilson instead of Tannehill in the 2012 draft but Wilson seems to have regressed this season. He has always been a QB who takes a lot of sacks and if he had to play behind the Dolphins OL, he would probably set a record for QB sacks.

Wilson and Tua basically have very similar stats this season. So it really doesn’t make any sense to trade for Wilson if the idea is to replace Tua. Maybe a few years ago trading for Wilson would have been an upgrade but I just don’t see Wilson as an upgrade at this stage of his career.

Our top tier defense makes us very likable to these older vets. I would be very happy to get Wilson, he would make us a instant playoff team.

Our top tier defense makes us very likable to these older vets. I would be very happy to get Wilson, he would make us a instant playoff team.
Obviously the fact that a veteran QB would be playing behind the worst OL in the league and a bottom 3 running game and one quality WR doesn’t seem to factor into your statement that the Dolphins defense would entice a QB to want to come to Miami.

While the Dolphins defense is the strength of the team at this time. They aren’t even ranked in the top 10 in the league and I think the lousy offense would outweigh the defense if a veteran QB was actually thinking about where he would like to play in 2022.

Last edited:
Well we all need to prepare ourselves for Watson rumors this offseason yet again....

I understand making a move for Watson would be a huge move since it could finally bring a legitimate pro bowl QB to Miami for years to come.

I understand Tua still is young with potential and he hasn't had much help as a starter in the NFL.

So what do we do? Do we take the chance on trading all our future draft picks and inherit Watson's huge deal to solidify the QB position once and for all? Or do we use all those draft picks and cap space to go all in when it comes to building an offense for Tua so we can see what he really has.

I understand fans want to contend immediately and don't want to wait another year to see what Tua has. But wouldn't riding out one more year with Tua be the smartest thing to do as long as we prioritize building the offense through 2022 free agency and the 2022 draft?

Best case scenario if we gave Tua one more year to prove himself would be that we finally found our franchise QB and have a nice offense built around for the future....
Worst case scenario if we gave Tua one more year would be Tua not showing much improvent with talent around him on offense, Miami finding out Tua's ceiling has basically peaked out, and Miami having another mediocre season....

Why the worst case scenario isn't bad....
Miami would still have potential scattered out throughout the offense as long as they spend a good amount of 2022 cap space on fixing the offense as well as using some high 2022 picks on offense. The offense would have one big hole and that's no franchise QB..... I'm assuming Watson would already be traded by then so we'd likely miss out on him by giving Tua one more year but what about the 2023 draft? The 2023 QB prospects are not bad by any means and Miami would have 2 first round picks in 2023, thanks to San Fran, as well as our 2024 & 2025 first round pick.

Assuming our personal 2023 1st round is a mid 1st and the 49ers 2023 1st round is a mid first, couldn't we package those 2 first, future 1sts and some 2nds and 3rds to move up for one of the top 2023 QBs in the draft? We'd have an offense built for him as long as we spend our money and draft well this offseason. At that point, we'd be going all in for a top QB prospect to be our franchise QB one more time.

Wouldn't giving Tua one more chance, going on all this offseason to build the team around him, and worst case going all in for a 2023 top QB prospect be smarter than trading all our future draft picks and taking on Watsons huge contract this offseason? Especially since our options would be limited when it comes to building around Watson if we made a blockbuster trade for him?
Also, any new QB in 2023 will actually have a team built around him unlike what Tua has had to prove himself.

whichever guy costs the least. Watson will cost loads of picks, Wilson shouldnt.

can we get a pick for Tua?
There will be a lot of QB hungry teams. Maybe you can 2nd rounder. Anything more would be gravy.

Back
Top Bottom