2024 Salary Cap Update | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 Salary Cap Update

So if we cut Ogbah for example we still have 9.7 mill in dead money? Am I seeing this correctly? Because if that’s the case I rather just keep the top 3 guys. It’s equivalent to Ogbah playing for 4mil Howard for 7.4 and baker for 4.9 No? I can’t see us doing better than that in FA
Yeah but we’re already over the cap. Where’s all this money going to come from then?

So if we cut Ogbah for example we still have 9.7 mill in dead money? Am I seeing this correctly? Because if that’s the case I rather just keep the top 3 guys. It’s equivalent to Ogbah playing for 4mil Howard for 7.4 and baker for 4.9 No? I can’t see us doing better than that in FA
No, if we cut Ogbah we save 13.7m with 4m in dead money. If we keep him we have to pay him 13.7m. Same with Baker, who will cost/save 9.8m. Howard is the real conundrum, because making him a post June 1 cut will not help us get under the cap for free agency and we only save 2.8m if we cut him now. He's going to cost a bunch to cut any way you slice it.

Not quite that simple because of things like roster bonuses, amortized $, auto guarantee by date triggers, etc.

But yes, sometimes it doesn't make as much sense as it seems.

Also bear in mind, most of the time that dead money number is there whether you keep the player or not. It has already been paid, just not yet applied. It just isn't referred to as "dead money" if the player remains on the roster.

No, if Ogbah stays he counts as $17.7M against the cap. Cutting him saves $13.7M and leaves $4M in dead cap.

nobody gives a **** about Kelce, it's all about TS. She could fall in love with Crossman and the hype would be insane. She is the GOAT in that industry with a cult following of the Kards

No, if we cut Ogbah we save 13.7m with 4m in dead money. If we keep him we have to pay him 13.7m. Same with Baker, who will cost/save 9.8m. Howard is the real conundrum, because making him a post June 1 cut will not help us get under the cap for free agency and we only save 2.8m if we cut him now. He's going to cost a bunch to cut any way you slice it.
The $18.5M cap savings from the Howard release post June 1 will allow us to sign our draft class and to do some bargain Free Agent shopping to fill in the remaining needs on our roster.

The $18.5M cap savings from the Howard release post June 1 will allow us to sign our draft class and to do some bargain Free Agent shopping to fill in the remaining needs on our roster.
Yeah, that's not gonna help us get under to spend anything on the top guys

Let the cuts begin. Transactions should commence now that the franchise tag window has opened, not that I expect us to use it.

They should release Ogbah and Baker ASAP as there is no point in waiting.

Let the cuts begin. Transactions should commence now that the franchise tag window has opened, not that I expect us to use it.

They should release Ogbah and Baker ASAP as there is no point in waiting.
Yeah, I've been wondering what they have been waiting for to make cuts. If they are doing extensions, they see to be taking a while. Maybe I'm just an impatient fan. :)

Back
Top Bottom