2024 Salary Cap Update | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 Salary Cap Update

Yeah but we’re already over the cap. Where’s all this money going to come from then?
Cutting the top 3 guys won’t even net us half way of where we have to be plus they have to be replaced. I don’t have an answer for that. We should be in this place to begin with

No, if Ogbah stays he counts as $17.7M against the cap. Cutting him saves $13.7M and leaves $4M in dead cap.
Oh ok so then I was reading it backwards. That would make a lot more sense

Ogbah, Baker, and some low hanging fruit gone nets back half of the 51m. Signing Tua most likely cuts off another quarter. Between restructures of Hill and Ramsey, the remaining quarter is gone and then some most likely. This will require some dead cap in later years but it is manageable. Howards post June cut will allow us to sign all draft contracts with some change left over.

And this is without even getting very creative nor depends on the cap possibly going to 250 which would release even more pressure, most likely with thr restructure details.

The $18.5M cap savings from the Howard release post June 1 will allow us to sign our draft class and to do some bargain Free Agent shopping to fill in the remaining needs on our roster.
Yes, we need cap room not just to sign draft class, but to function during the regular season when the injuries strike. So we could use the Howard savings for that. But we'll still need to get under the cap before that, and with so many players to resign, I'm not bullish about our offseason prospects.

$19bn business, they'll take every ducat they can, but she ain't pinning the needle. By the way, what happens when she's winning a Grammy for the "breakup song" and Swifties are burning T. Kelce in effigy and organizing picket lines?

The worst a swifty can do is say mean things on social media ...

which I'd bet is its psychologically crippling ...

if you are complete & total snowflake

Yes, we need cap room not just to sign draft class, but to function during the regular season when the injuries strike. So we could use the Howard savings for that. But we'll still need to get under the cap before that, and with so many players to resign, I'm not bullish about our offseason prospects.
Exactly, we are going to have to get under the salary cap by the start of the new league year which I think is sometime in Early March.

The post June 1 X release has nothing to do with that. That will allow us to sign our draft class and make some bargain Free Agent signings in June since we are not going to be in a financial position to be active during the first wave of Free Agency.

Back
Top Bottom