30 day challenge: Who is your all-time favorite Miami Dolphins wide receiver? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

30 day challenge: Who is your all-time favorite Miami Dolphins wide receiver?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
77331519.0.jpg

Today’s question is, who is your favorite all-time Miami Dolphins wide receiver? Do you select a Hall of Fame option like Paul Warfield? Do you select one of the Marks Brothers? Do you jump up to someone like Chris Chambers or Oronde Gadsden? How about Nat Moore or Duriel Harris or Irving Fryar? Brian Hartline? Davone Bess? So many options - and Jarvis Landry was not even in that group, and there is no way he cannot be considered among the favorites.
http://finheaven.com/forums/miami-dolphins-forum.4/create-thread

All the greats were long before my time, so in time as a fan which is the Sparano/Philbin/Gase era? I will get mocked for this but I really liked Brian Hartline for a while, at a time when we had **** all and Naanee and Armstrong were at the top of the depth chart Hartline came back from a serious illness and had a brilliant season - I always really respected that. Off the field? I am a lot less keen

I also really like Kenny Stills (delighted he was signed) and whilst I am not the fanboy some are Landry is obviously a great player ... but he is too hot headed for my taste.

In a few years? I really really hope the answer can be "Parker.. duh" for our O to go to the next level it has to be built around Parker. He has the ability, he just needs to want it...

One player that I didn't consider? Mike Wallace. Not sure I have ever disliked any Dolphin so much..... well excluding Jonathan Martin obviously

Those prolific years with Dan Marino couldn't have happened without Clayton & Duper. Landry (if he remains a Phin) will be my favorite for this decade.

So I know this won't be popular by any stretch of the imagination, and he certainly isn't a "great" but my favorite wide receiver is Chris Chambers.

When I was growing up I liked teams based on their logos and eventually settled on the Dolphins. So as a kid all I cared about was the final score. So I really didn't understand even the nuances of how the game was played until high school when, of all things, I played Madden for the first time on the Sega Dreamcast. So because I really started to understand football in high school the team I grew up with is the from about 1997 going forward. Like I said, I know there were better receivers on the team but Chambers has always been my favorite.

Probably Clayton. I recall one of those seasons where the dolphins squeaked into playoffs, or maybe even werestill playing to get in, and the quote from Clayton in our paper the Virginian Pilot was "Were going to the Super Bowl."

I knew right then i liked the way he thought. I was maybe 12 or something.

Clayton for me: when I started being a fan they (Marino&Clayton) were on the verge to break the Montana-Rice record for most TD (I guess now it's Young-Rice that own it)
For me he was THE receiver

A special mention is for Ingram, the WR: he had a monster game during the spike-game of Marino and he will be always remember by me for the amazing&decisive play in the SB Giants-Bills, when on a 3rd down he break a couple of tackles

(here a video )

It was my first year watching the NFL and I "hated" the Bills so much because they beated us in a snow game, in Buffalo

(memory of that game: Marino scoring on a RUN on a play-action and trolling the D showing the ball BEFORE entering the endzone... what a player, what a player... at 50 minutes and 40 second in the video)

This has been a rough spot for this team historically speaking. We have no WR in history that has reached 10k yards. You know it's a weak list when Brian Hartline is number 7 all time in yards. Chris Chambers is 4th all time in yards and TD's. Mark Clayton has 22 more TD's (81) than Duper and similar yardage numbers.

One of my favorites was always Oronde Gadsden because of the circus catches he made from some poorly thrown balls. Nat Moore is 2nd in TD catches with 74. Anthony Fasano is 9th all time in TD's with 30.

My lists always include players that were drafted and developed by Miami but it's hard to overlook Warfield and Fryar who are two of the best.

I have a feeling Jarvis Landry and DVP will sit high atop the all time lists when everything is said and done. Parker will make the jump from 43rd (all time yardage) to top 20 this year as he passes Brandon Marshall at 19. Landry at 16 will pass Tony Nathan at 8th.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/career-receiving.htm

Probably Clayton. I recall one of those seasons where the dolphins squeaked into playoffs, or maybe even were still playing to get in, cant remember, and the quote from Clayton in our paper the Virginian Pilot was "Were going to the Super Bowl."

I knew right then i liked the way he thought. I was maybe 12 or something. That was right around the time i started paying real attention as a kid originally from the UK...even though i decided i liked the fins long before then, but Clayton was the man when i came onboard.

Chris Chambers is one that has really stood out to me. By no means was he great, but he was fun to watch for a couple of seasons.

Back
Top Bottom