5 Miami Regular Season Losses That Still Irks You | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5 Miami Regular Season Losses That Still Irks You

I was born in 89 so I don't recall too many regular season 90s games. I was probably more concerned with acquiring a charizard.

2002 the Minnesota and New England road games. That season was our best shot at a SB that i can recall in a long time and we went from potential 1 seed to out of the playoffs in 2 weeks
2003 the New England home game, pretty much speaks for itself
2014 Packers game, seemed like they were turning the corner and then Philbin happened. That timeout at the end of the game was baffling paired with the fake spike.
2016 Seahawks game felt like a nostalgic gut punch from my teenage years in the 2000s. It felt good in a weird way, like a sneeze.

Winless Bears at Pro Player on a Monday night in 1997. The game was moved to Monday because of F'N baseball. I had a bad feeling.

Miami is up 33-15 halfway through th 4th quarter.

Lose in overtime

Winless Bears at Pro Player on a Monday night in 1997. The game was moved to Monday because of F'N baseball. I had a bad feeling.

Miami is up 33-15 halfway through th 4th quarter.

Lose in overtime

It got moved for Game 7 of the world series that year. I'd trade that loss for a world series title everytime.

One that stands out in my head. I believe it was a 2014 game against the patriots, when the phins were called for illegally batting the ball down field when the ball was just out of reach of Vernon, I think. The pats regain possession and when the game

If you listed a playoff game you get an F in following directions. The title of the threat is "...Regular Season Loss" Of course playoff losses would be way worse than regular season.

Or do the Dolphins get an "F" b/c no one could name 5 playoff games that irk them?

It got moved for Game 7 of the world series that year. I'd trade that loss for a world series title everytime.

Id rather view a re-run of a preseason loss before you could get me to to watch the world series of baseball.

Can't believe you remember the 89 Bills game.. The game was blacked out so I was listening to it on the radio.. I was 14 at the time.. Bills had the ball at the 2 yard line with several seconds left.. I remember screaming out watch the sneak, watch the sneak... Jim Kelly ran it in for the TD. I was shellshocked for a week. I remember sitting at the dinner table in a state of disbelief. I think I cried too.

I was 11, and I'm al,out certain I cried as well. The Bills games back then were everything to us.

Name your 5 regular season Miami losses that still just piss you off when you think about it.

For me in no particular order:

2003- Texans 21 Dolphins 20

Miami was I wanna say like 17 pt favorites against 2nd year Houston. I felt bad about that game when Houston was up 3-0 for the longest time ever. Miami went up 14-3 and all looked well until Miami kept turning the ball over. Very embarrassing loss to and 2nd year team and freaking David Carr.

2000- Jets 40 Dolphins 37

Enough said

2009- Colts 27 Dolphins 23

Dolphins dominated time of possession with the colts only having the ball for 15 mins. Peyton Manning made it look so easy.

2011- Broncos 18 Dolphins 15

The embarrassing Tim tebow day gets even more embarrassing when Miami blows a 15 point lead, and a shutout in the final 3 mins as Denver wins for the first time ever in Miami.

2010-Steelers 23 Dolphins 22

Miami jobbed by the refs as Miami appeared to have sealed the win with a Roethlisberger fumble but Gene Steratore said otherwise...

I don't remember the Houston game all that well and the Colts game sucked, but it was Peyton, so oh well. But, those other three.....

I was 17 for the Jets game, watching the game in the billiards room of the hotel I was staying in with my mom. I just about broke a pool cue. THAT was the game that made me hate the Jets.

I was watching that Broncos game at a bar called American Tap Room here in Northern VA (Arlington to be exact) and at the end of the game I saw a Dolphins "fan" wearing his jersey, standing in his chair cheering that they had just lost to Tebow (it was obviously the Suck for Luck year). I went over to him and pushed him off his chair and told him to take off the jersey because he was a disgrace to fans everywhere.

My buddy who I frequently watch games with that is a Steelers fan, still won't admit that Ben fumbled that ball. I do feel like we got payback by Antonio Brown stepping out of bounds in the snow.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011103000/2011/REG8/dolphins@giants#menu=gameinfo|contentId:09000d5d823a6d7d&tab=recap

Dolphins at Giants 2011..

Personal reason (brothers a Giants fan)

When Marshall clearly didn't do anything to warrant an offensive Pass Int call and they called it when it was clearly on the Giants yet Marshall still caught it.

It was the game sealing play and then the Giants went on to win. Terrible call and if Marshall didn't catch it the refs wouldn't have called anything at all.

They went and scored 10 unanswered lol Matt Moore was our QB and Bush went for 103 yds carving up their Defense. Not much meaning but a very tough loss for personal reasons lol
This was the 1st Dolphins game I ever attended. Went with my now wife and 2 buddies and all 3 were Giants fans. Even rode on a Giants fan bus down from Danbury, CT. It was a hard loss to take especially after thinking we were going to be able to go because of the HUGE snow storm we had gotten that last weekend in October. Led so much of it. Burnt at the end again.

I remember that game because I had to work, luckily the store I worked at it on all their TVs in their electronic department. Miami was 0-7 I think and they went up 17-0 vs the Giants. Of course they choked that game but man Miami has let Eli off the hook too many times.

Yup I was so disgusted lol

The whole game I was thinking "when will they choke?" lol

Marshall should have never got called for that O pass int.

I knew the Giants would come back and win just sucks it had to be the refs and the Giants lol

PHINS UP!!

None really bother me anymore. But when I was a kid I'd have to put the Earl Cambell 200 yard MNF game up there.

You guys are too young.

1976 vs LA Rams, lose 31-28 after squandering a 28-3 halftime lead

1976 at Cleveland, lose 17-13 when Griese forgets what down it is on the final drive

1976 vs Colts, MNF at home, lose 17-16 when Dolphins score "tying" TD in final seconds and Garo has XP blocked... easy to forget at this time and distance from those days what an arrogant little jerk bert jones truly was

1979 vs Oilers, MNF at home, after 2 losses to blue in '78, lose 9-6 with ball on HOU 25 with Griese throwing the ball straight to Robert Brazile in the final seconds...easy to forget at this time and distance from those days what an arrogant little jerk dan pastorini truly was too... the first Dolphin game ever w/ 0 TD's on either side and the first time I ever watched the Dolphins lose in person

Only ONE of you other guys can even go back as far as the Snow Plow LOL

Last edited:
It's not the regular season, but who remembers the Sea Of Hands? I was 9 and that still irks me. And I always loved when the Steelers would play the Oilers in the playoffs because they could stop Earl Campbell, whereas we couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom