54th pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

54th pick

Remove "and Ireland" and your statement is a great point. Dont forget that not only was it the selection of bums like Long and Henne, but the passing on Matty Ice that made it such a huge blunder. After all, had Ryan been the selection at #1, that Henne pick couldve been used for a player that was actually good.

Long wasn't a bum and Matty Ice has proven time and time again he melts under the pressure of the playoffs.

Well there have been various reports about Parcells but according to a recent interview Parcells said Ireland was in control of the 2009 draft so who really knows. I believe Ireland was high on him because we drafted him and Ireland is the GM. I have seen no report that Parcells overrided everyone and said White is our guy.

"NFL scout: Pat White can help Miami Dolphins revolutionize the NFL
Omar Kelly | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
1:46 PM EDT, April 28, 2009
Miami Dolphins czar Bill Parcells usually skips the Senior Bowl, but this year he wanted to see one specific player up close and personal.

For one practice in Mobile, Ala., back in January, Parcells perched himself next to his former protege, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick. The two watched the full practice session together, exchanging chit-chat, observations and opinions.

According to two NFL scouts, most inside the NFL's scouting community concluded then and there that these two NFL heavyweights were locked in on the same prospect: West Virginia quarterback Pat White.

That's why many NFL insiders weren't surprised the Miami Dolphins used a second-round pick on White. Parcells and staff suspected they could lose White to the Patriots, who hadn't hidden their interest."

On NFL Network, Charley Casserly, former Texans GM, and now NFLN analyst - who considers Parcells a close friend, said that Parcells told him personally that if Pat White was there with the first 2nd round pick, that he would pick him in that draft. Parcells loved what the kid did at WV, and thought he wass everything a football player should be. A leader, a winner, smart, disciplined (no fumbles on 650 rushes). It was reported by Omar (cough, cough), that Ireland didn't want to take White that high. The fear was that the Pats would take him if he was still there, so Czar Parcells made the decision to take him.

"NFL scout: Pat White can help Miami Dolphins revolutionize the NFL
Omar Kelly | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
1:46 PM EDT, April 28, 2009
Miami Dolphins czar Bill Parcells usually skips the Senior Bowl, but this year he wanted to see one specific player up close and personal.

For one practice in Mobile, Ala., back in January, Parcells perched himself next to his former protege, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick. The two watched the full practice session together, exchanging chit-chat, observations and opinions.

According to two NFL scouts, most inside the NFL's scouting community concluded then and there that these two NFL heavyweights were locked in on the same prospect: West Virginia quarterback Pat White.

That's why many NFL insiders weren't surprised the Miami Dolphins used a second-round pick on White. Parcells and staff suspected they could lose White to the Patriots, who hadn't hidden their interest."

On NFL Network, Charley Casserly, former Texans GM, and now NFLN analyst - who considers Parcells a close friend, said that Parcells told him personally that if Pat White was there with the first 2nd round pick, that he would pick him in that draft. Parcells loved what the kid did at WV, and thought he wass everything a football player should be. A leader, a winner, smart, disciplined (no fumbles on 650 rushes). It was reported by Omar (cough, cough), that Ireland didn't want to take White that high. The fear was that the Pats would take him if he was still there, so Czar Parcells made the decision to take him.

none of this says that Ireland was not high on White except your blip on Omar. As for BB I think this article shows its flawed theory since BB made no attempt to sign White once we cut him.
I dont dount for one minute that Parcells liked White just as I dont doubt for one minute that Ireland agreed. In fact who knows what Ireland said about White prior that could have gotten Parcells excited.
This could all be false though and just people trying to be heard, just as the Amando interview that has Parcells saying Ireland ran the show on that draft.

We'll never really know who was responsible for what so that's why you blow everybody out.

none of this says that Ireland was not high on White except your blip on Omar. As for BB I think this article shows its flawed theory since BB made no attempt to sign White once we cut him.
I dont dount for one minute that Parcells liked White just as I dont doubt for one minute that Ireland agreed. In fact who knows what Ireland said about White prior that could have gotten Parcells excited.
This could all be false though and just people trying to be heard, just as the Amando interview that has Parcells saying Ireland ran the show on that draft.

lol... ok guy, that is your opinion. I fault Ireland for a lot of other moves/non-moves, but White was all Parcells IMO.

As for Bellichek not making a play for him, no one did, and there was no team who would after he got knocked out by Ike Taylor in his first game and later played in a special concussion helmet when he returned before being released.

lol... ok guy, that is your opinion. I fault Ireland for a lot of other moves/non-moves, but White was all Parcells IMO.

As for Bellichek not making a play for him, no one did, and there was no team who would after he got knocked out by Ike Taylor in his first game and later played in a special concussion helmet when he returned before being released.

We always play that same stupid card that BB wants such and such so bad. HAs he picked up Ronnie Brown yet lol.
As for it being my opinion yes and nothing logical has been presented to make my opinion less valid on the subject.

This is the exact reason no one picked him up. His best game was against NE running a spread variation of the wildcat. However once teams saw him throw and how he couldn't handle nfl contact game over.

Some people just won't see the forest for the trees. They will continue to blame who ever they think responsible, and continue to totally ignore the fact that NO ONE tells Parcells what to do. To think that a well respected GM could do that is ludicrous. Ireland was Parcells "coffee boy" in Dallas. There is no way possible Ireland make one f***ing pick without the the total blessing of the Felustrus Impontate.

Some people just won't see the forest for the trees. They will continue to blame who ever they think responsible, and continue to totally ignore the fact that NO ONE tells Parcells what to do. To think that a well respected GM could do that is ludicrous. Ireland was Parcells "coffee boy" in Dallas. There is no way possible Ireland make one f***ing pick without the the total blessing of the Felustrus Impontate.

Then why would anyone want a person that weak as their gm but oh well

So basically Ross and Huizenga paid Ireland around 3 million dollars a year to bring Parcells his coffee? I highly doubt that.

So basically Ross and Huizenga paid Ireland around 3 million dollars a year to bring Parcells his coffee? I highly doubt that.

Some people on this board believe whatever it takes to make them sleep better. LIke the people that want to believe that we had no chance to sign Reggie wayne

Parcells doesn't strike me as the type of person that delegates very much authority

Back
Top Bottom