54th pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

54th pick

So u basically believe that Ireland got coffee for those three years which is not a good thing lol
I think while Jeff had a voice, nothing happened without Parcells' oversight. Exactly how much authority Ireland had may never be fully known, I just feel like if Parcells wanted anyone's opinion within the Dolphins organization, he gave it to them. The sad part is, we probably would be in better shape now if Ireland actually had control from the start.

I think while Jeff had a voice, nothing happened without Parcells' oversight. Exactly how much authority Ireland had may never be fully known, I just feel like if Parcells wanted anyone's opinion within the Dolphins organization, he gave it to them. The sad part is, we probably would be in better shape now if Ireland actually had control from the start.

We would be in better shape if we never dealt with Parcells thus no Sparano or ireland either. Now the Atlanta GM he would have been a good hire

You looked at that 2011 offseason and thought: "Ireland is finally released from the old ball and chains Parcells and WOWSERS!!! Color me impressed!"

Because it looked like more of the same to me.

Because we DON'T KNOW what happened with Parcells and Ireland, I feel as though we can only judge Ireland since Parcells left. We KNOW he has been in charge since then.

For anyone to think that Ireland did not have major impact on every draft and free agency is a fool's folly. He did not leave Dallas just to sit on his hands. The majority of moves done in Miami were made because of Ireland, how do I know this, he is the damn GM
And anyone who doesn't believe that Parcells didn't have final say in the draft is even more foolish. BP was paid a great deal of money to rebuild this franchise. He wasn't brought in as an observer.

So u basically believe that Ireland got coffee for those three years which is not a good thing lol

And Parcells was only hired to be a figurehead. Your argument is an exercise in self contradiction

And Parcells was only hired to be a figurehead. Your argument is an exercise in self contradiction

Its not really a contradiction. Parcells was hired to run the front office so whether or not he was also doing the general managers duties he was still earning his pay check.

Lets just say that Parcells had the final say on everything and therefor we can't blame Ireland for anything cause it was Parcells doing the drafting and we can only judge Ireland after Parcells left. Two things. First, what makes anyone think that Ireland didn't agree with Parcells on all those picks. For all we know he might have since he's been Parcells's boy right from the start. 2nd, what has Ireland done to convinced anyone that he's so different than Parcells. In his first draft alone he took a center at 15. Last April with his 2nd round pick he took a RT when everyone knew how bad we needed a WR. Those are the kinds of players that Ireland would pick but yet, Ireland did the same thing. You guys don't get it? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Ozzy rules!!

I dont get your take on my arguement. Bill Parcells was brought in to set up the coaching staff and set up the scouting department ,basically build the complete staff.
He was not brought in to scout players although Im sure they wanted his input. Everyone basically had clear cut job, some people just want to act like Ireland had little input as the GM which seems pretty damn false

You looked at that 2011 offseason and thought: "Ireland is finally released from the old ball and chains Parcells and WOWSERS!!! Color me impressed!"

Because it looked like more of the same to me.

actually 2011 was worse. However look at the roster, and most importantly the head coach. Ireland should take the blame for the talent on the roster but you also have to blame Sparano for not using that talent to their strength...

Do you not find it odd that Bowels finished with a 2-1 record with his only loss at NE (The best team in the NFL at that tuime) by a Field while Sparano could only mustur up a 4-9 with the same excat talent? Todd Bowels, while good coach, only got 1 interview as a head coach after leaving the fins.

And anyone who doesn't believe that Parcells didn't have final say in the draft is even more foolish. BP was paid a great deal of money to rebuild this franchise. He wasn't brought in as an observer.

This is the debate that most off us outside the inner circle will never know... Although I do find it hard to believe Ireland would tell the guy who gave him the job to **** off of he (Parcells) was dead set on a player, while he wasn't. Anybody out there who has a boss and values their job/paycheck would do exactly what they're told.

I dont get your take on my arguement. Bill Parcells was brought in to set up the coaching staff and set up the scouting department ,basically build the complete staff.
He was not brought in to scout players although Im sure they wanted his input. Everyone basically had clear cut job, some people just want to act like Ireland had little input as the GM which seems pretty damn false

The way you down play BP's postion on the draf tis the way you accuse others of Ireland role.

Back
Top Bottom