8,000! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrap said:
I've been reading the comments around here by quite a few of the posters. Doesn't seem that I'm very loved. Unless "riff raff" is a compliment. You haven't personally said anything about me P4E, but others have. I guess when they think your gone they feel like they can talk smack about ya. It's kinda' weak, actually.

Has it occurred to you that some people might have had great things to say about you behind the scenes? Would you be interested in hearing about the totally offensive stuff I've seen said about me by someone I all but offered my soul when things were down in his life? I only WISH I'd been called riff-raff.

All I've wanted here is for people to show a modicum of respect for AJ and the people who've been trying to guide things in a reasonable direction. Certain people were spitting in folks' eyes for sport. That wasn't going to be allowed.

I'd really like to see all the BS end. You've expressed your concerns, so have others who've disagreed with your take on things. Where do you want it all to go from here?

P4E said:
Has it occurred to you that some people might have had great things to say about you behind the scenes? Would you be interested in hearing about the totally offensive stuff I've seen said about me by someone I all but offered my soul when things were down in his life? I only WISH I'd been called riff-raff.

All I've wanted here is for people to show a modicum of respect for AJ and the people who've been trying to guide things in a reasonable direction. Certain people were spitting in folks' eyes for sport. That wasn't going to be allowed.

I'd really like to see all the BS end. You've expressed your concerns, so have others who've disagreed with your take on things. Where do you want it all to go from here?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here :p4e:, but i'm pretty sure you werent a problem to anyone, if you know what I mean.

P4E:hump:

Scrap: I don't have to say this, but I will.

You are a sad loss for this site - you and Steveo. I always liked you and enjoyed your posts, and BS'ing with you occassionally.

But I'll say this outright: your ppk running mates - the ones that started all that crap here and drew in others - are not quality people; not like the staff here is, at least what I've had the chance to see of them. They seem to care about you, enough to try to reason with you.

You have a history here, you've been here since '01, you are respected as a part of this little community - and you're going to toss that for, what...the pita pa key? Really?

Your pals have found a new home, a good one, and they seem to be thriving there. There are good people there too, and they seem to embrace the newcomers. And I'm over there once in a while too - but don't expect me to chime in on any stupid f*****g threads like the ones your pals used to start here in the lounge.

No one says you have to choose between that forum and this one - I don't. Just try to have an open mind and see the situation from the perspective of those whose "company" you've been enjoying for so long, the staff and older members.

So what I'm saying is, we miss you man. I can't speak for the mods, but as far as I'm concerned, tell the old Scrap he can come by anytime and BS.

Remember man, you can make new friends, but you can't make new old friends.

NaboCane said:

You are a sad loss for this site - you and Steveo. I always liked you and enjoyed your posts, and BS'ing with you occassionally.

But I'll say this outright: your ppk running mates - the ones that started all that crap here and drew in others - are not quality people; not like the staff here is, at least what I've had the chance to see of them. They seem to care about you, enough to try to reason with you.

You have a history here, you've been here since '01, you are respected as a part of this little community - and you're going to toss that for, what...the pita pa key? Really?

Your pals have found a new home, a good one, and they seem to be thriving there. There are good people there too, and they seem to embrace the newcomers. And I'm over there once in a while too - but don't expect me to chime in on any stupid f*****g threads like the ones your pals used to start here in the lounge.

No one says you have to choose between that forum and this one - I don't. Just try to have an open mind and see the situation from the perspective of those whose "company" you've been enjoying for so long, the staff and older members.

So what I'm saying is, we miss you man. I can't speak for the mods, but as far as I'm concerned, tell the old Scrap he can come by anytime and BS.

I agree totally, I like going to both sites. But I just don't think FH would be the same without you. You help keep this place alive

I think I was the first one to say pa key posse'.

I was probably just as guilty of making those threads as others are/were. I say "are", because I don't feel that all of the posts here right now are worthwhile posts. That is my opinion. As some felt that my, and other's posts were "useless" .It's all our personal opinions actually. No thread is totally useless. Many of these so called useless threads were a method of bonding together. Were they silly? Probably. But nobody had to read them. Those who didn't like them could have posted elsewhere in a different thread. PKP/PPK may seem stupid to some, but it was/is just a means of joking around. Those of us involved are (in my opinion) like a rather close family. None of the threads or posts were meant as any harm. I believe the main problem is that we were called out (Obviously there are plenty of useless and mergeable threads in just about every forum on this site), and told that we were stupid. We were made to feel as if we were a problem to this website more than an asset. Now, I'm not going to name any names here, but many posters here chose that as an opportune time to kiss butt. Those posters belittled us before we started saying anything back.(perhaps kissing butt, but maybe that was also their actual opinion) I would have been willing to slow down on what was perceived as useless posts had I been pmed. But to single me and others out on the board was not right. Unfortunately many bridges have been burned in the whole situation.

The view must be beautiful from all the way up there nabo.
Tell me something, can you distinguish any of us at all or do we all just look like ants from your vantage point?
"Quality people."
It's sad that someone like you fails to see how pretentious this diatribe came across.
Oh well, if youll excuse me, i'm off to reply to one of the many threads Infins(correct me if im being presumptuous but i believe he qualifies as "quality people" in your book) has posted in the lounge.
Good day sir.
:www:
NaboCane said:

Congratulations. 8000 members is definitely something to crow about.

Geez, some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

hahaha after lookin through the memberlist, im gonna haveto agree with Scrap and Jihad. We have a ton of members with zero posts...

LURKERS!

NaboCane said:

:shakeno: Wow. I never saw this coming from you...... Im going to take extreme personal offense to this statement because I was one of the "not quality people" who would horse around with Scrap, Steveo, 06, BFF, Mick, LT, Birdman, stork, and whoever else in the lounge. So just because I would take a few posts out in the lounge to have fun means I'm not a quality person? Thats good to know. I would like to know what criteria needs to be met to become "not quality." If it means horsing around in the lounge and posting stupid threads, then EVERYONE... I'll say it again, EVERYONE, according to the high and mighty Nabocane just isnt "quality"

I post HEAVILY in the main forum and I do a little lounge work on the side. After posting serious threads after threads, its nice to come into the lounge and chuckle at the stupid f***ing threads.

I started the smiley thread, which according to you is a stupid f***ing thread. I hate to bring this to your attention, but EVERYONE posts stupid f***ing threads in the lounge, its what the lounge is for! To just kick back and have some fun and get a good laugh to lighten up your day. If you are too tight @ssed to see that, then I feel sorry for you.

Even look around the lounge now! Every thread is a stupid f***ing thread! Is has nothing to do with Scrap or any of the guys he hung around with, its what the lounge was for! If you dont like posing in the stupid f***ing threads, I have a mere suggestion for you. Take the stick out of your @ss and stay in the main forum. Because no matter WHO is in the lounge, the threads are still going to be the same and EVERYONE that posts in the lounge is guilty of it to some extent.

I will get off my soapbox now. Im sorry if I offended anyone, but I needed to say my piece.:soapbox:

You can take offense to my statement Philter, but you do so by choice. I never saw you as one of the people I was describing. However, since you run with them maybe you are not only tainted in the eye of the observer, but in your own; after all, you're choosing to interject yourself into this without cause.

The ironic thing is that the people I called out know 100% exactly who they are, while the ones on the periphery wonder if it's them i was referring to.

I'm not going to get into deconstruction because it doesn't serve us; but I will say to you, Philter that while I don't find everything you post to my liking, for the most part i enjoy reading you. And that's very different from your buddies, none of whose posts I've ever enjoyed.

And that's the difference, take it or leave it - it's just my opinion anyway.

tehMick said:
The view must be beautiful from all the way up there nabo.
Tell me something, can you distinguish any of us at all or do we all just look like ants from your vantage point?
"Quality people."
It's sad that someone like you fails to see how pretentious this diatribe came across.
Oh well, if youll excuse me, i'm off to reply to one of the many threads Infins(correct me if im being presumptuous but i believe he qualifies as "quality people" in your book) has posted in the lounge.
Good day sir.
:www:

Yes, it is quite beautiful here. You'll never know, of course.

And oh yes - I certainly can distinguish among your group. That was an ignorant question by you, since I have clearly demonstrated that I could by addressing Scrap separately.

And yes, I know it is difficult for people like you to accept, but the majority of folks can tell quality people from those who lack quality. One measure is conduct; how one behaves as a guest in another's home, for instance. Another measure is how one treats others. And yet another measure is personal integrity - can one be trusted?

Those are just a few of the ways people are judged; by themselves, by their clergy, by their parents, by their friends.

There are those who somehow feel that they are above the rules of conduct; who feel that they need not adhere to any set of ethics other than that which presents itself to them in the moment. Maybe it's environment that produces individuals like that; maybe it's the possession of sufficient intelligence to know that they are smarter than most - but insufficient to understand that for all their smarts, they lack the key element to being a quality human being - responsibility.

That's my best shot at explaining it, although I have to admit I didn't do it for you, mick - you're not worth it. I did it knowing full well who will read this, and I want to make sure they know where I stand on this. And who knows, with time, someone may experience an epiphany about you and your core group's antics - that by your nature, you are temporary.

Quality is permanent.

Nabo - Do you forget that it is the members that make the site, not the other way around? What would FH be without its members? Nothing. No one was breaking any rules. Just people having fun. Then suddenly that wasn't acceptable anymore. I'm sure this site will be fine...the main forum is active even though 95% of the posts are worthless.

The Lounge will go back to what it was. I still see the same pointless threads- just far, far, far less of them. I guess that's what you guys wanted.

Also, you keep saying that some people were above the rules of conduct....yet no one can point to what rules were being broken. Funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom