8,000! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but, one more and then I'm done....Philter....You, Me, Nabo and Liquid have been here a long time, we've always for the most part respected the mods and followed the TOS....occasionally like you said, everyone violates the TOS. I think overall contributions, conduct, and intent are taken into consideration, as they should be, when decisions need to be made about individual violations...

That seems fair doesn't it? Or do you think we should all be banned for what we are doing now?

:lol: Its okay. What better way to mark this GLORIOUS occasion than to discuss the very thing that threatens to tear the very fabric that makes Finheaven...I have no idea what I am talking about. Time for the drinking to commence for I have broken my Xbox controller. :yes:

Wow, a guy just makes a post that finheaven reaches 8000 members and this turns into a huge soap opera. I thought you guys settled this fight in another post?

This discussion stops NOW.

If you are so concerned about us following the TOS to the letter of the law, FINE. I'll start by banning all of you if you keep this up. I don't care if you're a premium member, newbie, oldie... whatever. This discussion is getting old, and it's pointless.

The fact of the matter is, no one was banned for posting useless threads in the lounge.

When those useless threads became a way to take digs at the mods, super mods, and admins... THAT is where things changed. We tolerated constant jabs without action, but when your "PPK Krew" became a counter culture against the very people kind enough to allow you to use their message board, then yeah we started to have problems with you. If you didn't actively partake in the jabs, fine... but just about all of your "PPK Krew" were encouraging the ones that did.

The situation is simple... if you dislike the mods, supermods, and admins of this site that much, feel free to visit any of the countless other message boards available to you. We won't be hurt... we promise.

If you can continue to post here as a civil person, without constantly taking jabs at us, pushing the line of the TOS, and otherwise disrespecting us... feel free.

This discussion is done. Pick which one of the previous comments fits you, and follow the advice contained within.

inFINSible said:
I'm sorry but, one more and then I'm done....Philter....You, Me, Nabo and Liquid have been here a long time, we've always for the most part respected the mods and followed the TOS....occasionally like you said, everyone violates the TOS. I think overall contributions, conduct, and intent are taken into consideration, as they should be, when decisions need to be made about individual violations...

That seems fair doesn't it? Or do you think we should all be banned for what we are doing now?
:lol:

Ok gonzo, my last one... only cause inFINS started it. :lol:

Personally, I just feel that you shouldnt inforce tight rules around someone and lackluster rules around others.

When it comes to contributions, a lot of those guys have been here MUCH longer than I have so I dont think it would be a good idea, nor fair, for me to comment on their contribution because they have been here (a) year(s) longer than I have and I would have no real knowledge to base if off. Steveo, Scrap, BFF, 06, and LT I believe all had much longer FH duration than I did. I came about a month after mick and I have more longevity than birdman does. So when it comes down to it, I guess I would still be somewhat on the bottom of the totem pole with respect to the other guys so therefore I dont think it would be fair for me to talk about their contributions with respect to mine.

When it comes to conduct, I can only comment on the stuff I saw publicly. This is the lounge, I thought the conduct was appropriate in the lounge and if ever it reached a point where it was unacceptable, the threads could have easily been moved to the depths. There were a few threads where racial or inappropriate comments were made and it got properly disposed of.

Intent, again, its the lounge and I can only speak for myself. The intent IMO of the threads I posted in and the threads I created were for entertainment purposes only. Its all fun and games til someone gets poked in the eye and from my POV, I never saw the eye poking. Im sure behind closed doors, some people didnt like certain people because of personal reasons. But again, from what I saw, the intent was harmless and jovial in nature.

Hence why I completely agree with your previous statement where you said that this is a privately owned forum and they can pick and choose who they want here. Im sure there is some personal reasons behind some decisions. We are all human and its very hard to do stuff objectively when you have a personal bias one way or the other.

Of course I dont think we all should be banned. Numerous members, myself included, have voilated TOS depending on how hard you want to look at it. Without the members the site cannot flourish. From what I saw publicly, Its my perception that tigher standards were placed on certain people when others would get away with more. I have no problem with a 24 hour ban, to me thats more of a timeout that everyone needs from time to time. But when it comes to permanent bans, using hacks on people, and banning their IP addresses, I feel that that persons actions must justify the punishment. However in this case, I dont feel I have seen anything to warrant the punishment. But then again, Im just a poster and who am I to really judge. I know I dont see or hear everything and I can only base my opinions on what I do see.

Overall, I think this got blown way out of proportion and was handled in a horrible manner. A site can only flourish because of its members and I feel those guys had good intentions and were a positive impact on the site and helped the site develop. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I feel that whoever was in charge and went about addressing what they viewed as a problem in the lounge, went about it in a very very bad manner.

EDIT: I apologize for posting this after PPP posted, I was wrapping the post up and did not see his post until after I posted it. I did not mean any disrespect or mocking because of it.

Well, this was certainly uncalled for. You hurt my feelings right off the bat. I knew i was going to get my a** handed to me from the opening anecdote. Oh well kids, join me as i continue reading this lethally proficient dismantling of my character like only NaboCANE do it. Get it?! Cuz its like "can" nevermind.
NaboCane said:
Yes, it is quite beautiful here. You'll never know, of course.

Something tells me our beloved and very wise Nabocane doesnt grasp the concept of a rhetorical question. Although, you haver to admire anyone who can answer a rheotircal question and get their jab in at the same time. Take notes kids, Nabo is just getting started.
NaboCane said:
And oh yes - I certainly can distinguish among your group. That was an ignorant question by you, since I have clearly demonstrated that I could by addressing Scrap separately.

To be honest kids, Nabo lost me here with this trite analogy. However, you have to give him credit. He still was able to put me down: "difficult for people like you to understand." The man is a machine. Although, my hypocrite alarm went off when i read the second to last sentence. I just find it very amusing that someone like our beloved and wise Nabocane can tell someone they are not "quality people", be-little's one by saying "difficult for people like you to understand", tells one their question is "ignorant" when in fact, it's rhetorical, can have the temerity to stand on a soapbox and attack someone who never attacked him or even mentioned his name in any of his posts(for example: tehMick).
NaboCane said:
And yes, I know it is difficult for people like you to accept, but the majority of folks can tell quality people from those who lack quality. One measure is conduct; how one behaves as a guest in another's home, for instance. Another measure is how one treats others. And yet another measure is personal integrity - can one be trusted?

By their clergy?! Dear God, the man is so serious he has invoked the persuasive power of religion to make his point. You see kids, this man is serious.
NaboCane said:
Those are just a few of the ways people are judged; by themselves, by their clergy, by their parents, by their friends.

Nabo, this isnt an ethic class and i am not your proffessor. I really didnt need to read your thesis on ethics. Although, i must say it was well thought out and very concise. If i were grading on a curve i'd give you a B+. However, next time i'm going to need more examples. Remember, dont be afraid to ask yourself Why, When, Who, What, & When.
NaboCane said:
There are those who somehow feel that they are above the rules of conduct; who feel that they need not adhere to any set of ethics other than that which presents itself to them in the moment. Maybe it's environment that produces individuals like that; maybe it's the possession of sufficient intelligence to know that they are smarter than most - but insufficient to understand that for all their smarts, they lack the key element to being a quality human being - responsibility.

Even though he did quote me and attack me five times during this epic diatribe and also mentions my name its somewhat of a relief to know it wasn't directed at me. I hope you kids were taking notes on how this sort of thing is done. Think what you will of our beloved and wise Nabo, but the man is an impeccable writer. Although, i wouldve gone with "revelation" as opposed to "epiphany". But again, i believe he did this on purpose to portray some sort of religious furvor.
NaboCane said:
That's my best shot at explaining it, although I have to admit I didn't do it for you, mick - you're not worth it. I did it knowing full well who will read this, and I want to make sure they know where I stand on this. And who knows, with time, someone may experience an epiphany about you and your core group's antics - that by your nature, you are temporary.

All in all this is quite possibly one of the best posts i've ever had the honour of reading. The man didnt fark around his agenda. He attacked with urgent precision and backed everyone of his arguments with concise(sometimes trite) example. He even ended it with a callback to the keyword in all of this: Quality. Nabocane is truly the smartest FH has to offer. Any opinion to the contrary is laughable and should be punishable by banishment.
Nabocane: Quality people.
NaboCane said:
Quality is permanent.
PS: So there wont be any confusion in the past i thought it's be easier to let everyone know in advance im not "quality people" by changing my title.

tehMick said:
Nabocane is truly the smartest FH has to offer. Any opinion to the contrary is laughable and should be punishable by banishment.
Nabocane: Quality people.

Dont you know that's why he changes his font color? So the smarter posts can stand out?

I expected more from you Mick. :nono:

Mick:hump:

All the trouble i went to failed by one sentence.
Nabocane i give up.
You win.
:nono:
NaboCane said:
Typical. When you lack substance, use derision.

I've temporarily closed this thread. My reason's behind this are:

I want to formulate a response to the members who have expressed their concerns, however, I can't do that at this moment for two reasons... A: I simply don't have the time to do so properly right now, and B: I need to wait until this cold medication wears off a little so I can do so with a clear(er) head.

I think tempers are starting to flare, and reason is waning... so everyone needs to step back and collect themselves before this discussion continues.

I also believe that contrite, condescending remarks only serve as a detriment to any discussion, and people on both "sides" of this "debate" are guilty of this.

Everyone relax for a bit, and I'll re-open the discussion.

I'm also moving this thread, and the "Aliens" thread into the appropriate forum, that being the Complaints/Questions forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom