8,000! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LIQUID24 said:
Nabo - Do you forget that it is the members that make the site, not the other way around? What would FH be without its members? Nothing. No one was breaking any rules. Just people having fun. Then suddenly that wasn't acceptable anymore. I'm sure this site will be fine...the main forum is active even though 95% of the posts are worthless.

The Lounge will go back to what it was. I still see the same pointless threads- just far, far, far less of them. I guess that's what you guys wanted.

Also, you keep saying that some people were above the rules of conduct....yet no one can point to what rules were being broken. Funny.
This would be my guess,
From the TOS...
#12) Annoyance
Individuals who detract from the site through ongoing incivility, immaturity, and/or disrespect for the contributions and responsibilities of others may be afforded maximal opportunities to spend their time elsewhere.

Then just ban the whole site. Everyone here has annoyed me here at one point or another. It's a bit vague, don't you think? Though I'm sure it was done on purpose.

inFINSible said:
This would be my guess,
From the TOS...
#12) Annoyance
Individuals who detract from the site through ongoing incivility, immaturity, and/or disrespect for the contributions and responsibilities of others may be afforded maximal opportunities to spend their time elsewhere.

Hmm, would that apply to anyone in the depths of the sea? I can name 10 guys off the top of my head where "incivility, immaturity, and/or disrespect for the contributions and responsibilities of others" Would apply.

The immaturity would apply to a LOT of posts I see in the main forum. How about when watching games during the official game thread. All of the AJ SUX diatribes would apply to that also. When someone posts a "my trade" or "move zach to ss", the replies they receive basically mocking them would apply to this rule also.

I can recall one thread off the top of my head where you went off with some "kind" language to the people jumping back on the AJ bandwagon latter in the year when he started to perform. Althought I COMPLETELY agreed with you on that thread and I was pissed off for the same reasoning you were, You and I are both guilty of voilating this rule, along with some of the mods! :eek: Thats TOS rule #1 on the list!

I especially like this one, #2
Language
There will be no swearing of any kind. Circumventing the profanity filter is also not permitted.

Everyone voilates this rule, including the mods. Does binary code include circumventing the profanity filter? :lol:

...Dont even get me started about the "off-topic" part or breaking news part of the TOS. :lol:

My point to this ramble? I see TOS voilations every day, some of which are MUCH worse than others. We are all guilty of it, but for some reason I dont see it enforced equally across the message board.

LIQUID24 said:
Then just ban the whole site. Everyone here has annoyed me here at one point or another. It's a bit vague, don't you think? Though I'm sure it was done on purpose.
It's quite clear what is considered "annoyance"

Individuals who detract from the site through ongoing incivility, immaturity, and/or disrespect for the contributions and responsibilities of others

incivility

n : deliberate discourtesy

immaturity

1. Marked by or suggesting a lack of normal maturity: silly, immature behavior.

disrespect

n 1: an expression of lack of respect [syn: discourtesy] 2: a disrespectful mental attitude [ant: respect] 3: a manner that is generally disrespectful and contemptuous [syn: contempt] v 1: show a lack of respect for [ant: respect] 2: have little or no respect for; hold in contempt [syn: disesteem] [ant: respect]

[*]Moderation
Moderators and Administrators reserve the right to edit or delete your thread or post without consulting you first. Moderators and Super Moderators also have the right to act without consulting an Administrator first.

******However, if you find that a Moderator continually does this for no apparent reason, please email an Administrator.******

Warning System
1st Offense - Warning given via PM/post
2nd Offense - Minimum 24-hour ban
3rd Offense - Permanent ban

Please note that you may be banned/suspended without notice for a FIRST offense.

Another TOS voilation, haha, off-topic... and I quote:

Please keep posts where they belong. If you wish to talk about politics for example, please post it in Political | War Forum. If you wish to talk about other NFL teams, post it in "General NFL." And, of course, if you wish to talk about YOUR MIAMI DOLPHINS, post it in the Miami Dolphins forum! If an Admin or Mod find that you have posted an off topic post, it will be moved to the appropriate forum.

What we are doing right now, talking about the TOS, doesnt belong here in the lounge. :lol:

Philter...bottomline...It's a privately owned site, and the people running it can allow or disallow anyone they please.

inFINSible said:
Philter...bottomline...It's a privately owned site, and the people running it can allow or disallow anyone they please.
Very true. :up: That is probably the most accurate answer.

I just found it amusing for us to quote TOS as reasoning when we, other members, and mods voilate it.

Philter25 said:
Another TOS voilation, haha, off-topic... and I quote:

What we are doing right now, talking about the TOS, doesnt belong here in the lounge. :lol:

:lol: thats because you guys changed the subject.

LIQUID24 said:
Nabo - Do you forget that it is the members that make the site, not the other way around? What would FH be without its members? Nothing. No one was breaking any rules. Just people having fun. Then suddenly that wasn't acceptable anymore. I'm sure this site will be fine...the main forum is active even though 95% of the posts are worthless.

The Lounge will go back to what it was. I still see the same pointless threads- just far, far, far less of them. I guess that's what you guys wanted.

Also, you keep saying that some people were above the rules of conduct....yet no one can point to what rules were being broken. Funny.

Liquid, it's the membership as a whole that makes the site - not any one member, nor any group of members, no matter how they may want to overstate their own importance.

99.9% of the members follow the rules, and never harass the staff. They are the core membership.

NaboCane said:
99.9% of the members follow the rules, and never harass the staff. They are the core membership.
If you read what I posted above, I would say that about 20% of the ACTIVE members (with MORE than 1 post) actually follow the TOS. I can point out, to at least 80% of the people in this thread how we have voilated TOS within the past week, if not today. :lol:

We have 8000 members but of those 8000, how many have more than 1 post? :lol: I dont know what messed up abacus you are using, but I cant crunch those numbers.

Sorry Gonzo and Dave...., :roflmao: , that was my point. I was voilating TOS with Nabo, inFINS, and Liquid AS we were debating TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom