8/4 - Camp Tweets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/4 - Camp Tweets

Anyone else think Gillislee might finally emerge as a serious player at RB? I know Hoops does. :lol:

Perhaps we can finally shed Daniel Thomas and go with Moreno, Miller, and Gillislee at RB? Also, why is Omar shocked that Gillislee is such a great blocker and excelled at picking up the blitz? I thought it was common knowledge that it was Gillislee's strength. If he could develop some more at the running and receiving skills he could be a heck of a RB.

Yeah, that's part of why I'm not flipping out over this. They said that on one of them, he was throwing to Kevin Cone. I don't even know who that is. On another one, they didn't even know who he was throwing the ball to, so it sounds like either he threw to the wrong spot, or someone ran the wrong route.

What does concern me is that he's out there throwing to these guys in practice. Hartline and Wallace are nursing injuries? Gibson not 100% yet? Charles Clay is hurt? Now that could be a problem.

after this preseason game the musical chairs on the oline and the wr core need to stop...tannehill needs to get as many reps with who he's going to battle with in the new offense as possible...if they don't know by then what they got as in who the first string will be they never will...

it's about time to put on the big boy pants

they could cut 25-30 guys right now easy

if gillislee makes it it will be cause the pass protection of the other backs sucks...very possible given that

The other day Will Davis said in an interview that the 2nd CB spot was between Finnegan, Jamar Taylor and himself. Most fans would not have put him in that category but he continues to light it up at Training Camp. Davis has clearly improved and is the consistent star at practice but my money would still be on Finnegan. However, make no mistake, Will Davis is an emerging prospect with a lot of self confidence.

What the hell, what is the deal with all the injuries, and what happened to Tannehill, has a great scrimmage, then throws 3 INTs, he is much better then this, I know he was missing most of this weapons, but he is much better then this. :bobdole: Disappointing day

Bad offensive practice for sure, but the best news of the offseason comes out today. Pouncey may not be out as long as we thought. If he is ready early in the season, we can move Satele over to RG, where Smith and Thomas have been struggling. Turner seems to look the best there, but he still needs work. A line of Albert, Colledge, Pouncey, Satele and James would be fantastic, considering what we are working with. James still scares me, but we have no other option right now. I think he will be fine after a few games. It helps that he has Wake opposite him in practice.

Also, sounds like Gillislee had a nice practice. I just posted on another thread that I didn't think he makes the team this year. If he works like he did today, I would be thrilled. We can say goodbye to Daniel Thomas!!

what i thought was interesting was mcclain getting the 2nd team strong side reps...talk about up grading the pure pass rush and athleticism of the position...that kids got some explosion to his game and we could overload blitz him off the edge cause he looked very comfortable at the los on the cut ups i saw at cal...

the trusnick as the backup mike stuff baffles me...i'd cut him before i let him be the 2nd mike option...omg would that be horrid

Daniel Thomas is about to be unemployed, one good play per practice isn't going to cut it

The other day Will Davis said in an interview that the 2nd CB spot was between Finnegan, Jamar Taylor and himself. Most fans would not have put him in that category but he continues to light it up at Training Camp. Davis has clearly improved and is the consistent star at practice but my money would still be on Finnegan. However, make no mistake, Will Davis is an emerging prospect with a lot of self confidence.

Agreed. Unfortunately for him though I don't remember reading a single negative thing in regards to Finnegan this entire offseason, in fact, it sounds to me like Finnegan is beasting.

finnegan will be one of the easiest tells as to what we have come the preseason games...easy money on that hoops scoops

I'm really curious to see what happens with Finnegan and Delmas. Kevin Coyle has a really good track record of picking DBs up off the scrap heap and getting great production out of them. I wasn't a big fan of either signing, but maybe Coyle can work some more of that magic...

delmas looks great in any setting where his aggressiveness and pop can flash...but assignment wise that's where you see the issues...gets too nosy comes in way too hot doesnt see what he's tackling...misses tackles he should make in a tackling setting...expect him to be the goat on some things...some coverages you give away yardage i don't trust him to be there and make the tackle assignment wise off the detroit tape...

you guys will see what i'm talking about come the regular season...it will be a give and take thing with delmas...if we play a lot of zone to hide the mike in coverage in the sub package i think delmas is gonna show up in some ugly stuff...definitely a give and take thing

what i thought was interesting was mcclain getting the 2nd team strong side reps...talk about up grading the pure pass rush and athleticism of the position...that kids got some explosion to his game and we could overload blitz him off the edge cause he looked very comfortable at the los on the cut ups i saw at cal...

the trusnick as the backup mike stuff baffles me...i'd cut him before i let him be the 2nd mike option...omg would that be horrid

Agree on Trusnik.

From a pure athletic standpoint, It would be fun to see what a trio of McClain at SAM, Tripp at MIKE and Jenkins at WILL would look like. Not saying it should happen, but I'd like to see what that grouping would look like with all that athleticism.

Agree on Trusnik.

From a pure athletic standpoint, It would be fun to see what a trio of McClain at SAM, Tripp at MIKE and Jenkins at WILL would look like. Not saying it should happen, but I'd like to see what that grouping would look like with all that athleticism.

that's what i think is the best 2nd team option at worst...mcclains a little light and that height can hurt at sam but at the end of the day it will come down to do any of these guys have instincts or are they just athletes masquerading as lbs...plenty of guys can run to the ball but can they see things before they happen and cut them off...that's the real difference in lb play

i will say one thing though they can cover some ground...no ones a only b/t the tackles like athlete...trusnicks horrid outside the tackles

Back
Top Bottom