8/4 - Camp Tweets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/4 - Camp Tweets

that's what i think is the best 2nd team option at worst...mcclains a little light and that height can hurt at sam but at the end of the day it will come down to do any of these guys have instincts or are they just athletes masquerading as lbs...plenty of guys can run to the ball but can they see things before they happen and cut them off...that's the real difference in lb play

i will say one thing though they can cover some ground...no ones a only b/t the tackles like athlete...trusnicks horrid outside the tackles
Apparently Tripp has natural instincts, but I doubt that they want to rush him along. I expect him to get eased into Special Teams duties. He is the only one who can play all 3 LB roles.

Today was a garbage practice. Nothing more. Nothing less. Bring on Tuesday.

Apparently Tripp has natural instincts, but I doubt that they want to rush him along. I expect him to get eased into Special Teams duties. He is the only one who can play all 3 LB roles.

you don't really see that on his college tape...the instincts...i don't really think you see it with any of our lbs on tape college or pros...but we'll see...tripps got a nose for the turnover though that's for sure...he makes plays on the ball

tripp though tested as well as just about any lb athletically at the combine..that kids an athlete for sure

The other day Will Davis said in an interview that the 2nd CB spot was between Finnegan, Jamar Taylor and himself. Most fans would not have put him in that category but he continues to light it up at Training Camp. Davis has clearly improved and is the consistent star at practice but my money would still be on Finnegan. However, make no mistake, Will Davis is an emerging prospect with a lot of self confidence.

Davis showed a lot last year in camp also, and then **** the bed in games. I think he tends to "guess", which works better against your own team when you start to see tendencies and have an idea of what they are doing on the practice field.

Agree on Trusnik.

From a pure athletic standpoint, It would be fun to see what a trio of McClain at SAM, Tripp at MIKE and Jenkins at WILL would look like. Not saying it should happen, but I'd like to see what that grouping would look like with all that athleticism.

What has Jenkins done? I have heard nothing about him all camp. He has been invisible. I have seen nothing that makes me think he deserves a spot over Tripp or McCain.

The other day Will Davis said in an interview that the 2nd CB spot was between Finnegan, Jamar Taylor and himself. Most fans would not have put him in that category but he continues to light it up at Training Camp. Davis has clearly improved and is the consistent star at practice but my money would still be on Finnegan. However, make no mistake, Will Davis is an emerging prospect with a lot of self confidence.

Davis makes his fair share of plays but he also gets burned by the deep ball. Kind of reminds me of T-Buck in that regard.

pretty sure it was davis who fell off jarvism landry on his catch underneath and rac for the td in the scrimmage saturday...i know i saw the gold shoes and it sure looked like him...

doesnt surprise me...first thing he's gonna have to show me is he isn't losing physically against smaller wrs even...that and he needs to tackle in off coverage cause we have to play off with him due to lack of long speed...

pretty much i will believe it when i see it with will davis...kinda like michael egnew...if he cant produce in this offense he can't produce in any...should be lots of plus matchups off late motion with the tight ends etc...

Defense way ahead of the offense today!
So many injuries mostly on offense.
The mix and match approach not really helping with cohesion it appears.
Egnew, gaitor hoskins, Daniel Thomas, Garner, lit up and hobbled on the sideline.

I think it reads worse than it is. By all accounts the passing game is working on short passes today. I think the DB's picked up on it pretty quick and are now jumping the routes. To me, Tannehill is just throwing to his spots and is expecting the WR's to be there.
My take as well.

Sounds like Shelby is making some noise. On this DL, that's saying something.

Hearing 2 INTs to Cone makes me want to know more. Granted Tannehill threw the ball, and I'm not defending him, but I would like to know if this was completely on T-Hill, Cone or a byproduct of route confusion by both/either?

Billy Turner seems to be slowly locking down a guard starting spot. Shelley Smith seems to be struggling to stay on the team. As I intimated when the center experiment was in full swing, I get this feeling they are struggling with justifying his contract. If nothing else, he will stick because of depth and veteran presence. But I would not be shocked by him being cut in favor of a younger player with more upside and drafted by this regime.

I haven't heard much positive about Smith. Meanwhile, Turner seems to be solidifying a surprise role as a starter. Props to him.

Back
Top Bottom