A Closer Look At The QB Battle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Closer Look At The QB Battle

I cant wait to see them go at it! may the best man win, and push each other to the brink of their talents, I figure tannehill starts midseason on though!

Davis Garrard is 34 years old with a bad back.

Matt Moore is in his prime.

Ryan Tannehill is a rookie.

This should not even be close but come game day, Matt Moore will be the better QB.

I think that's a fair way of looking at it.

But I don't think things will play out like that. I think David Garrard is here because Joe Philbin really likes him. Peter King noted that in one of his pieces. I don't think Philbin likes Matt Moore much, based on things he's said which seemed to me like very backhanded compliments.

If Garrard makes it out of camp healthy, which is a big if, then I think he's the starter.

But I don't think things will play out like that. I think David Garrard is here because Joe Philbin really likes him. Peter King noted that in one of his pieces. I don't think Philbin likes Matt Moore much, based on things he's said which seemed to me like very backhanded compliments.

If Garrard makes it out of camp healthy, which is a big if, then I think he's the starter.

so do i...

This is now reminding me of Cars the Movie (Pixar).

The Legend (well, pro-bowler, anyway). The runner-up (that can't seem to get a start). The rookie.

2 weeks ago, I would have said this should be a shoe in for Moore to start backed by the Veteran Gerrard. But I keep thinking that the biggest knock on Tannehill is the lack of experience - and you're not getting that holding a clip board. Risk ('ruining him') vs reward (experience).

BTW - if he plays & turns out he stinks (which many would excuse because of being a Rookie) then door is open to make a play on a QB next year. If he doesn't play, and you're on the click with one of the top QB's available - what do you do.

I believe it was King that noted Moore's poor practice performances and limited accuracy could keep him from starting.
He's a crowd favorite due to the way we finished last year but who knows what Philbin has in mind.

Back
Top Bottom