A Favor For nyjnc | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Favor For nyjnc

That's all he has. It is something he will probably talk about with a drool in 20 years. We can't take the little guy's toys and fun away.

that's all I have, coming from fans backing Ryan Tannehill and his horrible play in the 2 biggest games of his career but all I have are 2 title game apps.

The difference in the SD game was at QB, SD's tried to do too much and committed the big mistakes, ours allowed the game to come to him and made big plays when he needed. mark was really good in that game.

I would say the difference in the game was the play of the Jets defense. What did Mark wait for to come to him? He was waiting for Phil to throw a pick that ended up being taken to the Chargers 16? I look at that game very simply.

The Jets defense was playing very well. Mark was not.

The Jets defense made a huge play picking off Rivers inside his own 30 and returning it to the Chargers 16, Mark, to his credit took advantage of it and threw a clutch TD pass to Keller to take the lead.

Greene made the big TD run right after Mark completed a very clutch pass to Cotchery late in that game to keep the drive going. It should be noted that, that was the last time the Jets asked Mark to throw the football in a very tight game with around 8+ minutes still on the clock.

Jones and the Jets convert the 4th and short to ice the game.

That was not a good performance by Mark. He took advantage of a big mistake by Rivers.

that's all I have, coming from fans backing Ryan Tannehill and his horrible play in the 2 biggest games of his career but all I have are 2 title game apps.

:lol:

I am not a Tannehill backer. I hope he becomes what we all hope he could be and what one should expect with a #8 pick but I do have been quite critical of him. I am a fan of the Dolphins but not a blind player's fan. And to be honest if the situation would be reversed I would not run around and hail S.anchez and his two AFCC appearances. I would feel stupid. I am more of a realist.

I would say the difference in the game was the play of the Jets defense. What did Mark wait for to come to him? He was waiting for Phil to throw a pick that ended up being taken to the Chargers 16? I look at that game very simply. The Jets defense was playing very well. Mark was not. The Jets defense made a huge play picking off Rivers inside his own 30 and returning it to the Chargers 16, Mark, to his credit took advantage of it and threw a clutch TD pass to Keller to take the lead. Greene made the big TD run right after Mark completed a very clutch pass to Cotchery late in that game to keep the drive going. It should be noted that, that was the last time the Jets asked Mark to throw the football in a very tight game with around 8+ minutes still on the clock. Jones and the Jets convert the 4th and short to ice the game. That was not a good performance by Mark. He took advantage of a big mistake by Rivers.
Agreed! The Jets running game and SD missing 3 FGs (2 of which were very make-able) were big difference makers as well. Mark did very little in that game. Just examine the Jets 3 scoring drives. Mark threw for just 13 yards and only had (2) 3rd down conversions. On one of those 3rd down conversions he did throw a short TD pass, but he had only had 13 passing yards on all 3 of the Jets scoring drives. The success came from the running game and D / STs putting the offense in good FP.

I would say the difference in the game was the play of the Jets defense. What did Mark wait for to come to him? He was waiting for Phil to throw a pick that ended up being taken to the Chargers 16? I look at that game very simply.

The Jets defense was playing very well. Mark was not.

The Jets defense made a huge play picking off Rivers inside his own 30 and returning it to the Chargers 16, Mark, to his credit took advantage of it and threw a clutch TD pass to Keller to take the lead.

Greene made the big TD run right after Mark completed a very clutch pass to Cotchery late in that game to keep the drive going. It should be noted that, that was the last time the Jets asked Mark to throw the football in a very tight game with around 8+ minutes still on the clock.

Jones and the Jets convert the 4th and short to ice the game.

That was not a good performance by Mark. He took advantage of a big mistake by Rivers.

Both D's played great, the difference was their QB forcing things and ours did not.

It wasn't good it was really good. You know Joe Namath never threw the ball in the 4th qtr of SB III, right?

Agreed! The Jets running game and SD missing 3 FGs (2 of which were very make-able) were big difference makers as well. Mark did very little in that game. Just examine the Jets 3 scoring drives. Mark threw for just 13 yards and only had (2) 3rd down conversions. On one of those 3rd down conversions he did throw a short TD pass, but he had only had 13 passing yards on all 3 of the Jets scoring drives. The success came from the running game and D / STs putting the offense in good FP.

what about the big 3rd down conversion before we punted pinning SD inside their 5 which led to the INT which then led to our first TD? HUGE play, if they don't convert SD is not in bad FP.

2 missed kicks, the 3rd was near 60 yds and missed kicks happen. I never hear anyone making excuses for Indy that our K missed 2 in the title game in a dome.

Both D's played great, the difference was their QB forcing things and ours did not. It wasn't good it was really good. You know Joe Namath never threw the ball in the 4th qtr of SB III, right? what about the big 3rd down conversion before we punted pinning SD inside their 5 which led to the INT which then led to our first TD? HUGE play, if they don't convert SD is not in bad FP. 2 missed kicks, the 3rd was near 60 yds and missed kicks happen. I never hear anyone making excuses for Indy that our K missed 2 in the title game in a dome.
Are you talking about the drive after he threw an interception when the Jets were near midfield? That gave the ball to SD on the Jets 38. Thanks to the Jets D, they didn't allow any points and got a turnover. That was a huge play. On that next drive he did convert (1) 3rd down, but he did not convert the easier 3rd and 3 which could have led to much needed points. It was the special teams that pinned SD on their 5 and the D that got the interception, not Mark. FP is very important but scoring points is more important. Saying Mark played "Very good" and using a 3rd down conversion that led to no points as reasons why is a stretch. I said two that were very make-able. The 36 and 40 yard attempts. Keading had made 69 straight kicks from 40 or less before that. Even the 57 yard attempt wasn't unreasonable. He had just made a 54 yard kick in week 15. Missed kicks are part of the game, but they are also the difference between winning and losing sometimes. 3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss is a lot different than 2 missed FGs in a 13 point loss. You can argue that the games may change if those kicks are made, but that goes both ways. Missed FGs in a 3 point loss is a pretty big deal. Mark did not play "Very good" in that game.

Are you talking about the drive after he threw an interception when the Jets were near midfield? That gave the ball to SD on the Jets 38. Thanks to the Jets D, they didn't allow any points and got a turnover. That was a huge play. On that next drive he did convert (1) 3rd down, but he did not convert the easier 3rd and 3 which could have led to much needed points. It was the special teams that pinned SD on their 5 and the D that got the interception, not Mark. FP is very important but scoring points is more important. Saying Mark played "Very good" and using a 3rd down conversion that led to no points as reasons why is a stretch. I said two that were very make-able. The 36 and 40 yard attempts. Keading had made 69 straight kicks from 40 or less before that. Even the 57 yard attempt wasn't unreasonable. He had just made a 54 yard kick in week 15. Missed kicks are part of the game, but they are also the difference between winning and losing sometimes. 3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss is a lot different than 2 missed FGs in a 13 point loss. You can argue that the games may change if those kicks are made, but that goes both ways. Missed FGs in a 3 point loss is a pretty big deal. Mark did not play "Very good" in that game.

No, talking about right before the INT from the SD EZ.

3rd and 10 on NYJ 23, mark completes pass for 1st down to Cotchery for 15 yds. Set up punting from NYJ 45, we then pinned SD at their 4 and 2 plays later Rivers made the biggest mistake of the game w/ a terrible INT. We then scored the TD to take our first lead, a lead which we would never lose.

That INT was returned 20+ yds to get past midfield, the D did a great job to get it back. I didn't say he played a flawless game.

57 yards on grass is very unreasonable.

The last missed Fg was set up by a bogus PI, they shouldn't have had that chance. It was justice that he missed the kick.

we also went into prevent mode and SD scored quick, if they make one or 2 kicks we have a smaller lead and aren't playing prevent D and we don't shut down the O trying to run out the clock.

It's hard to see b/c people are too used to judging based on #s but he was really good and a big reason we won. Obviously #1 was the D but Mark was vital as well.

No, talking about right before the INT from the SD EZ. 3rd and 10 on NYJ 23, mark completes pass for 1st down to Cotchery for 15 yds. Set up punting from NYJ 45, we then pinned SD at their 4 and 2 plays later Rivers made the biggest mistake of the game w/ a terrible INT. We then scored the TD to take our first lead, a lead which we would never lose. That INT was returned 20+ yds to get past midfield, the D did a great job to get it back. I didn't say he played a flawless game. 57 yards on grass is very unreasonable. The last missed Fg was set up by a bogus PI, they shouldn't have had that chance. It was justice that he missed the kick. we also went into prevent mode and SD scored quick, if they make one or 2 kicks we have a smaller lead and aren't playing prevent D and we don't shut down the O trying to run out the clock. It's hard to see b/c people are too used to judging based on #s but he was really good and a big reason we won. Obviously #1 was the D but Mark was vital as well.

I was referring to Mark's INT, not Rivers. You talked about how big that 3rd down conversion was since it would have given the Chargers good FP, but Mark already did worse by throwing a pick on the previous drive. That INT came on the drive right before the drive you credit him for converting (1) 3rd down before failing on a 3rd and 3 which forced a punt.

Kaeding hit a 55 yard FG a few weeks before on grass. He hit a 57 yard FG the year before on grass.

What PI are you talking about? Shepperd interfering with Floyd? That was an easy PI call and that led to a TD not a FG attempt.

I don't buy the prevent excuse. How the game was played might have changed had he made the FGs, but it goes both ways, not just in the Jets favor.

Mark made a couple of plays but overall did very little. 13 passing yards and only (2) 3rd down conversions on scoring drives does not equal "Very good".

I was referring to Mark's INT, not Rivers. You talked about how big that 3rd down conversion was since it would have given the Chargers good FP, but Mark already did worse by throwing a pick on the previous drive. That INT came on the drive right before the drive you credit him for converting (1) 3rd down before failing on a 3rd and 3 which forced a punt.

Kaeding hit a 55 yard FG a few weeks before on grass. He hit a 57 yard FG the year before on grass.

What PI are you talking about? Shepperd interfering with Floyd? That was an easy PI call and that led to a TD not a FG attempt.

I don't buy the prevent excuse. How the game was played might have changed had he made the FGs, but it goes both ways, not just in the Jets favor.

Mark made a couple of plays but overall did very little. 13 passing yards and only (2) 3rd down conversions on scoring drives does not equal "Very good".

You don't seem to understand that the 1st down led to better FP which led to downing a punt inside the SD 5. When mark threw the INt and the D got it back they did so deep in Jets territory not inside the SD RZ.

a few weeks before in the regular season? not in the playoffs, right? and a 55 or 57 yarder is a low % kick.

He hit that 55 yarder w/ SD up 35-14 in the 3rd qtr of a reg season game. That 55 yard FG was also a CAREER LONG, so now they were asking him to make a new career long kick in a close postseason game?

I have to check the tape, I know there was a questionable call that went against us.

The D shut them down all game, w/ a 10 pt lead late they went prevent and SD scored quick. if they kick a FG or 2 we don't go into prevent mode so we don't know they ever score that TD.

Missed kicks are part of the game the way INTs, fumbles, etc... are. The better team won that day in large part to their QB playing better than SD's QB.

You don't seem to understand that the 1st down led to better FP which led to downing a punt inside the SD 5. When mark threw the INt and the D got it back they did so deep in Jets territory not inside the SD RZ.

a few weeks before in the regular season? not in the playoffs, right? and a 55 or 57 yarder is a low % kick.

He hit that 55 yarder w/ SD up 35-14 in the 3rd qtr of a reg season game. That 55 yard FG was also a CAREER LONG, so now they were asking him to make a new career long kick in a close postseason game?

I have to check the tape, I know there was a questionable call that went against us.

The D shut them down all game, w/ a 10 pt lead late they went prevent and SD scored quick. if they kick a FG or 2 we don't go into prevent mode so we don't know they ever score that TD.

Missed kicks are part of the game the way INTs, fumbles, etc... are. The better team won that day in large part to their QB playing better than SD's QB.

I do understand that it led to better FP which pinned SD deep, but the Jets D already demonstrated that they could keep SD from scoring even when they had great FP. You don't seem to understand that Mark failed to covert a 3rd and 3 on the same drive which forced them to punt instead of putting points on the board. That one 3rd down conversion doesn't change Mark's average play that day.

The regular season is not the playoffs, but it just shows that he had the ability to make the kick and it wasn't an unreasonable attempt. The 55 yard FG he hit that year was not a new career long. He hit a 57 yard kick against Tampa the year before. Even disregarding that kick, he still missed two pretty easy kicks.

If you want to argue that the game changes and the Jets wouldn't go into prevent, then you have to accept that maybe the game changes in SD's favor as well. Maybe SD isn't throwing the ball when they were pinned on their own 5 if they were up 10 instead of just 4. If that turnover never happens, whose to say that the Jets score if they didn't have the ball in SD's redzone? We can play the what if game all day, but it goes both ways. Bottom line is that 3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss is a big deal.

I think the better team won that day, but Mark did very little and would be last on the list for reasons why they Jets won.

Who cares?

I'm sure Mark would appreciate it if he knew Junc was still pumping up his average play. :lol:

Both D's played great, the difference was their QB forcing things and ours did not.

It wasn't good it was really good. You know Joe Namath never threw the ball in the 4th qtr of SB III, right?

Don't care what Joe Namath did. Never saw him play.

He also completed 17 of 28 passes in that game for 206 yards and didn't throw a pick compared to Mark going 12 for 23 for 100 yards while throwing a pick. There is a huge difference in numbers there.

I give Mark credit for the TD and the completion to J-Co. But that's all he did in that game. I'm not giving him credit for "biding his time". The Jets preferred running the ball as opposed to Mark throwing it like they did the week before.

I do understand that it led to better FP which pinned SD deep, but the Jets D already demonstrated that they could keep SD from scoring even when they had great FP. You don't seem to understand that Mark failed to covert a 3rd and 3 on the same drive which forced them to punt instead of putting points on the board. That one 3rd down conversion doesn't change Mark's average play that day.

The regular season is not the playoffs, but it just shows that he had the ability to make the kick and it wasn't an unreasonable attempt. The 55 yard FG he hit that year was not a new career long. He hit a 57 yard kick against Tampa the year before. Even disregarding that kick, he still missed two pretty easy kicks.

If you want to argue that the game changes and the Jets wouldn't go into prevent, then you have to accept that maybe the game changes in SD's favor as well. Maybe SD isn't throwing the ball when they were pinned on their own 5 if they were up 10 instead of just 4. If that turnover never happens, whose to say that the Jets score if they didn't have the ball in SD's redzone? We can play the what if game all day, but it goes both ways. Bottom line is that 3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss is a big deal.

I think the better team won that day, but Mark did very little and would be last on the list for reasons why they Jets won.

I'm sure Mark would appreciate it if he knew Junc was still pumping up his average play. :lol:

keep them from scoring and setting up the O inside the RZ w/ a to are 2 different things. SD's D was playing really well too and we were not running the ball well.

he had the ability to make a kick he had never made before?

SD always threw the ball regardless of the circumstances. we have no idea how the game changes, all we know is he missed them and we won just like we don't know what happens if Feely makes the kicks at Indy the next week.

The better team won, the QB who played better won.

Don't care what Joe Namath did. Never saw him play.

He also completed 17 of 28 passes in that game for 206 yards and didn't throw a pick compared to Mark going 12 for 23 for 100 yards while throwing a pick. There is a huge difference in numbers there.

I give Mark credit for the TD and the completion to J-Co. But that's all he did in that game. I'm not giving him credit for "biding his time". The Jets preferred running the ball as opposed to Mark throwing it like they did the week before.

as you should know #s never tell the whole story.

keep them from scoring and setting up the O inside the RZ w/ a to are 2 different things. SD's D was playing really well too and we were not running the ball well.

he had the ability to make a kick he had never made before?

SD always threw the ball regardless of the circumstances. we have no idea how the game changes, all we know is he missed them and we won just like we don't know what happens if Feely makes the kicks at Indy the next week.

The better team won, the QB who played better won.

as you should know #s never tell the whole story.

It is, but the credit goes to the STs and D for that. Mark failed to convert a 3rd and 3 and you want to credit him for the STs pinning SD on their 5 and getting a turnover? The punt could have easily been a touchback and without the D getting a turnover, the Jets FP would not have been great. Then what? That 3rd down conversion means nothing without the great play of the STs and D.

Why do you keep saying that? I already told you that he made a 57 yard FG on grass the year before. That is the same distance of the kick he attempted against the Jets. Different situations, but he had the ability.

We don't know what happens. All we know is that he missed 3 FGs (two easy ones) in a 3 point loss. That is much different than missing two FGs in a 13 point loss.

It is, but the credit goes to the STs and D for that. Mark failed to convert a 3rd and 3 and you want to credit him for the STs pinning SD on their 5 and getting a turnover? The punt could have easily been a touchback and without the D getting a turnover, the Jets FP would not have been great. Then what? That 3rd down conversion means nothing without the great play of the STs and D.

Why do you keep saying that? I already told you that he made a 57 yard FG on grass the year before. That is the same distance of the kick he attempted against the Jets. Different situations, but he had the ability.

We don't know what happens. All we know is that he missed 3 FGs (two easy ones) in a 3 point loss. That is much different than missing two FGs in a 13 point loss.

w/o that previous 1st down they don't have a chance to pin SD inside their 5 and they don't get a TO inside the SD 20.

I misread, so one time he made a 57 yd FG in his career. The ods of him making another were very slim. I cannot get on a K for missing a 57 yarder on grass- or even on turf. That is a long kick.

kickers routinely make 60+ yd FGs in warmups, why can't they make them in games?

not much different. if our Kicker makes 2 we are w/in a score. if their kicker makes 2 their are w/in a score too.

Back
Top Bottom