A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A list of the current starting NFL QBs that Ryan Tannehill is ALREADY better than.

I agree with Tannebeast>Scam Newton. Newton is a ballhog who wrecks the value of his RBs and chucks it up like he just don't care who winds up with it. He's the opposite of a winning team player and Carolina is going nowhere so long as Newton is there. Rivera is a terrible head coach. How they ignore a solid RB combo is beyond me. They've rendered Williams/Stewart combo useless and that's just retarded.

Romo is better right now but Tannehill's decision making is better. I wanna see what he can do with Gaffney.

Props to the OP for putting that list together! A few home-town picks on there, but overall it puts Tanny in good perspective.

Thanks!

LD

Are kidding me? Newton, seriously? He has SUCKED so far this season(2nd season mind you and should be improving not declining right?) Not saying that Tannehill is better than Newtown right now but to say that Newtown is FAR better is a joke and cannot be taken seriously if you have any intelligence.

LOL @ people talking about Russell Wilson as if he has been solid. Mort reported this morning that Pete Carrol is considering benching him for Matt Flynn. Wilson has not played well and the fact is they shouldve been 1-3 going into today. Their offensive numbers are terrible.

LOL @ people talking about Russell Wilson as if he has been solid. Mort reported this morning that Pete Carrol is considering benching him for Matt Flynn. Wilson has not played well and the fact is they shouldve been 1-3 going into today. Their offensive numbers are terrible.

I wouldn't characterize Wilson as terrible, but he has been middling to poor since a pretty decent week one. The fact is that he isn't making the weapons around him better, while Tannehill is.

Dalton sucks whenever AJ Green is blanketed. lol I said not too long ago that Tannehill was the 2nd best QB in the AFC East already. Of course people gave me thumb downs because Fitzpatrick had all those TDs. Please Fitz is terrible, at least Tannehill is keeping his teams in the game. Buffalo paid a lot of money for Fitz and that D line and that's not quite working out. I agree with the list including Romo. Romo has all those weapons and still underachieves.

As a borderline Russell Wilson fanatic, I'll admit he's been underwhelming. Watching him play, he's been surprisingly flustered. Tannehill, on the other hand, has not been overwhelmed by the moment which is something we should really appreciate. Wilson comes off as so mature that it's hard to remember he's a rookie. I still believe in the kid, but he's not there yet.

WV, you didn't put Matt Ryan on this list???????????? :idk::ponder::err:

Damn, WV. You didn't take the bait.

I think Tannehill COULD be better than a lot of NFL quarterbacks. However, if you asked me to pick, for one game, which quarterback I wanted on my team, Tannehill wouldn't be very high on that list.

If you're talking about building for the future, Tannehill is one of the highest on that list.

I think I agree with everyone on the list except for Romo. Ponder looks like he is developing, too.

What really impresses me about Tannehill is the very evident improvement he makes from week to week. We are not seeing batted passes after game one. We are seeing fewer poor decisions with where to go with the ball. We are seeing him take better care of the ball when the pass rush gets to him. The numbers aren't gaudy, but look at what is surrounding him. Every week we have 2-3 plays where his weapons just flat out kill drives where Tannehill is moving the team downfield. This week we had Charles Clay dropping the ball and Daniel Thomas embarrassingly get run down from behind on that nice third down screen pass.

The single most disastrous thing that could have happened to the Miami Dolphins in 2012 would have been David Garrard starting week one at Houston.

Yep.

Hopefully by years end, tannehill is rated higher than all these guys. Still gots ways to go, but definitely showing more than any of our previously drafted QBs.

Only ones on the list I think are arguable are Newton, Dalton and Romo. Based on just this year maybe only Dalton.

Hard to argue with Cam's production last year with 35 TD's, given they lost most of their games last year because of an awful defense. This year defenses have adjusted and kept Cam in the pocket more and forced him left if scrambling. He has not proven, even a little, that he is capable of mentally adjusting. Today they had that game in the bag when Cam rolled out and had a guy wide open in the end zone. Short hopped the receiver by 5 yards.

Romo is partially a victim of a terrible O-line, but he makes way too many mental mistakes which aids in the Cowboys poor production. Both he and Romo have light years better weapons that RT has, so overall advantage goes to RT.

Dalton, it a much better player than I ever thought he could be in the NFL. I do think he's probably pretty close to his ceiling as it stands right now. However, he has been more productive than RT up to today's game. He does have much better receiving weapons so it's a close call even with RT 5 games into his career with no top tier weapons.

Now I would not trade RT for any of these as his ceiling is higher IMO. Based on last year, Cam would be highly considered as he's being a better athlete and put up huge numbers. However, RT far exceeds him in game intelligence and poise and I think he will adapt and improve more than Cam has shown early into his second year.

Back
Top Bottom