A notable Tagovailoa development, the Derrick Henry question and the star receiver issue | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A notable Tagovailoa development, the Derrick Henry question and the star receiver issue

Mostert was 7/8 in 3rd/4th and less than two. The only short yardage problem Miami has is a coach that gets too cute rather than play smash mouth football when itā€™s called for. With that said Iā€™m all for Henry if he wants to play for cheap with a contender in his home state.
Our oline couldnt smash a beer can.

The only time we could run it is outside the tackles OR when the D was expecting pass.

Hill is the star receiver even with his drops in critical games so there's that. We could survive with Waddle when he's not in the tent.. our running backs are good with Achane and Mostert (he's getting older) not opposed to Henry for a bargain.
The drops by Hill were in part caused by a hand injury. It turns out that your hands are important when it comes to catching footballs!! If the hand is all better we will see less drops. I agree on Henry but that guy is not coming here on the cheap. We really can do very well without Henry. We think we need him for short yardage but we don't. We need better oline play and our RB room will get the job done. Achane has potential Super Star skills so let's build a tough run game around him and Mostert. McD going away from the run game in the second half cost us games last year. That's not a hard fix. I'd draft a C in round one and move Williams back to Guard. Armstead, Williams, Rookie Center, Hunt and Jacko is not a bad starting oline talent wise, the trick is keeping this group healthy.

Interesting stats. If Henry was willing to take a team friendly deal and be content as a situational back with less carries then sure it would be a good move but Henry just turned 30 and is no doubt chasing one last contract before hanging up his cleats.

I can't see it happening.

Iā€™m happy with running back as is minus wilson, with brooks, and add a undrafted free agent.

We have to few assets and not much free agency money to play with to take from those two pools

Achane and Mostert sharing the Carrieā€™s.

Brooks to get some work after and situationally unless the undrafted kid can beat him out early
When healthy this group is fine but I'd rather not be counting on injury prone backs alone. We just got Mostert's best and healthiest year and he will be 32 next season. Achane was injured throughout the year and is a smaller player. Even big Brooks took the injury and missed most of the year. Again this group will be great the first half of the season, it's what we're left with down the stretch that concerns me. Ideally one of our 6th or 7th round picks could be a 4th back like a Pacheco to at least have another warm body around.

Back
Top Bottom