About the buffalo game. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About the buffalo game.

Did safties back up when we had Ginn... No. He wasnt considered a deep threat or any threat for that matter.

Marshall might not have speed to be considered a deep threat, but what he does know how to do is make YAC, which can be considered a deep threat in in of itself, terms of yardage.. same thing with Hartline, he averaged 16 YPC last year.

All your other concerns are completely valid.

That's a good question, I think it matter what corner was on Ginn, if the corner wasn't that great then yes safties on his side played a little deep, the NY 1st game helped with that as Ginn burned Revis..then as the year went on, some teams didn't respect his deep threat, and Ginn almost burn them again, i.e., pittsburg.. For the most part, they did respect his speed, but not his ability to get off the jam..

the bills always play us tough at least one game in the series. i never take division games for granted. i think they'll be terrible but they'll show up at least once. our o-line is never ready the first few games (perplexing) so week 1 might be scary.

1. Not worried about Chan Gailey in the slightest. Had they gotten a real coach like Cowher or Shanahan, that would be a different story. But they didn't.

2. Edwards is an unknown. That's certainly not a negative, and not a positive either.

3. This team is a lot better than last year. Good additions through FA and the draft, and we have some key players back that we didn't have last year due to injury.

4. True. And we also always struggle in Buffalo. Luckily, it's the first game of the season, and not a december game.

5. Ted Ginn was never a deep threat. Running fast with no other ability does not make you a deep threat. Why won't safeties play up close? Because corners can't tackle Marshall. You put that safety in the box, Marshall is as good as gone once he throws that CB to the ground. Marshall doesn't need to burn pass defenders. When you're 6'5" with elite jumping ability and hands, you have to be respected deep because you can out jump just about every CB in the NFL.

6. That game against Baltimore, Starks was tremendous. He certainly got the best of a highly regarded Jason Brown. Starks can more than hold his own at NT. He may not be as big as most NT's, but he's certainly as strong as them. And he offers pass rushing from the nose as well. I see a great year from Starks, and a huge extension to follow.

7. Not sure. But Smith was still better in coverage last year than Davis was, so let's hope they both continue to improve. And having a healthy Allen back can only help.

8. The experience at OLB last year didn't help us at all did it? JT/Porter as a combo were pretty bad. Cam Wake was by far our best pass rusher last year, and Misi's skillset looks like a great fit for what Nolan looks for in a SOLB.

Maybe I'm just a homer, but I can't really see Buffalo keeping this game within 10 points, let alone possibly win it, but crazier things have happened.

it's pretty simple...it's the opening game of the season...no reason not to be prepared mentally or snuck up on...we're the better team...period...

win the damn game

cause week 2 in minnesota is gonna be dicey at best...

and chan gailey is in way over his head...

it's pretty simple...it's the opening game of the season...no reason not to be prepared mentally or snuck up on...we're the better team...period...

win the damn game

Exactly, we are the better team so we should win the game.

win the damn game

The definitive proof of the fins being better than the bills is where exactly? Maybe I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure training camp hasn't even started yet, so who really knows who's going to be better. Just because you want it to be true, does not make it true. As far as gailey being over his head..lmao, there is no expectations, no where to go but up for Buffalo ... right? Where as Miami's expectations on the other hand, are pretty damn lofty. So if I were a betting man, I would take the over on T.S. being over his head. Sorry to be the bearer of reality... but that is just it, reality. Just for hindsight's sake, weren't the fins predicted to go to the Superbowl a few years back... what happened with that? Just curious.

i read that spiller said that he is ok for a hold out so he might not even play, he is one of thier only weapons on offense. but the only reason that the game scares me a little is because its a division rival and we havent started off good the last i dont know how many years.

Chuck-182 im diggin your sig and avatar. Blink is the ****. props

i read that spiller said that he is ok for a hold out so he might not even play, he is one of thier only weapons on offense. but the only reason that the game scares me a little is because its a division rival and we havent started off good the last i dont know how many years.
We haven't started the season off well the last few years. But playing Buffalo in our first game gives us the chance to win ven if we make mistakes since it's early in the season and we are playing a weak team.

1. Not worried about Chan Gailey in the slightest. Had they gotten a real coach like Cowher or Shanahan, that would be a different story. But they didn't.

People underestimate Gailey. He is a good coach and has a good track record of winning and improving teams. I don't think the Bills deserve the criticism they receive for hiring Gailey. He's no Cower or Shanahan, but I wouldn't say he's a stop-gap coach either.

i think gailey will be fired within 3 years...in over his head as an nfl head coach imo...i think josh mcdaniels will be fired also within the next 3

The definitive proof of the fins being better than the bills is where exactly? Maybe I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure training camp hasn't even started yet, so who really knows who's going to be better. Just because you want it to be true, does not make it true. As far as gailey being over his head..lmao, there is no expectations, no where to go but up for Buffalo ... right? Where as Miami's expectations on the other hand, are pretty damn lofty. So if I were a betting man, I would take the over on T.S. being over his head. Sorry to be the bearer of reality... but that is just it, reality. Just for hindsight's sake, weren't the fins predicted to go to the Superbowl a few years back... what happened with that? Just curious.

bearer of reality...here's a dose for you...reality is that the bills will be looking at a top 5 pick in 2011...book it

Back
Top Bottom