ACC Football | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC Football

Exactly. A spread passing offense such as Texas Tech can probably throw for more yards in a single game than Georgia Tech will all season. Nesbitt is dangerous with his legs, but with his accuracy, the defense might as well put every man in the box. I fully expect GT to lead the ACC in rushing, but if their passing game is as woeful as last year, they're not going to win the division.

There is no doubt that Georgia Tech's passing game was anemic last season but Nesbitt was banged up most of the season with hamstring and ankle injuries. The guy has the arm and I'll agree he needs to work on his accuracy but never really was able to get into any type of rythym because of the injuries. He missed two games as well. Josh has the arm strength and I look forward to a more balanced attack hopefully using the deep ball to stretch the defense.

The Jackets will be returning 10 starters on offense and 8 starters on defense to a team that was 9-3 last season not including the bowl game against LSU which I tend to want to forget. (My wife is an LSU fan, New Years Eve was fun.) Paul Johnson has done a wonderful job with this team in his first season as head coach. The defense will still be strong despite losing Michael Johnson. The running game will be phenomenal with Dwyer.

Like I stated before if Josh Nesbitt can stay healthy GT has a great chance to win the ACC. That is a huge key IMO.

Yeah, Alabama/VT should be a hell of a season opener. I would like to think that VT should be very well prepared for this game as well. Beamer is a great coach, but we lost our opener last season in Blacksburg to ECU. I imagine that was simply a case of not taking them seriously, which I'm sure won't be the case against Bama.

Considering that Tommy Bowden is a complete moron, I wouldn't put too much stock into what happened last year in that game.

Tommy Bowden certainly isn't comparable to Frank Beamer. I hope I didn't imply that lol.

Yep...don't forget the 40 point drubbing Cal put on Maryland too...lol

Pathetic...

The ACC isn't all that bad.....its just more top heavy than its been in a while. Oddly enough the conference being weaker could be just what a UNC, VT, GT, or Miami needs to get one of those elusive BCS bids.

If they can find some receivers, the heels will have a pretty good team this year.

The ACC isn't all that bad.....its just more top heavy than its been in a while. Oddly enough the conference being weaker could be just what a UNC, VT, GT, or Miami needs to get one of those elusive BCS bids.

If they can find some receivers, the heels will have a pretty good team this year.

Well, the point of this thread was a futile attempt to show that despite the SEC's elite teams being better than the ACC's elite teams, which is a given...... that the ACC's bottom feeders are better than the SEC's bottom feeders....

Which again proved wrong...

The SEC went 11-1 on opening weekend...with the only loss coming to a top 5 team on the road by Georgia to Oklahoma State...

Meanwhile....the ACC is busy losing to 1-AA opponents and getting blown out by the PAC-10......meanwhile going 0-2 against the SEC...

There are at least 5 teams in the SEC that would beat the best team the ACC has to offer......whoever that ends up being....

the acc is terrible at football, just like the sec is in basketball, been like that for a long time

The good, disciplined defenses didn't seem to have too much trouble stopping it last year.

That's pure mythology. Discipline is doomed against the option, always has been and always will be. You beat the option by disrupting the interior exchange, before the play gets a chance to evolve as intended.

Most of all, you beat it with superior talent. A triple option could win a national championship today if a top 10 program adopted it. When the highest talent level it can find is Georgia Tech, then naturally it's limited.

The biggest joke in sports is mid level teams staying away from the option because they don't think they can win a title with it. Meanwhile, the vast majority of those schools can't win a title with ANY style because they are outmanned. They could win more games with the option but it's not sexy enough.

The greatest beneficiaries of the option going by the wayside are defensive coordinators. It caused them nothing but headaches.

Back
Top Bottom