Adam Gase announces starting offensive lineman | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase announces starting offensive lineman

With good coaching, these guys would form a decent line. I think the problem is more position coach than talent. 3 former #1's and a former Probowler in Bushrod... No way they should give up their usual 50+ sacks this year.

With good coaching, these guys would form a decent line. I think the problem is more position coach than talent. 3 former #1's and a former Probowler in Bushrod... No way they should give up their usual 50+ sacks this year.
The team only gave up 30 sacks last year...and that was with Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner on the team for the first six weeks. It's the inconsistencies in the run blocking, the pressures given up in the pass blocking, the occasional brain farts by the RBs and TEs on pass blocking and blitz pickups.

My biggest issue with our O-line has always been the lack of athleticism on the interior which limits the ability to pull and get to the second level. I wanted them to draft Forrest Lamp in the 1st round but they wanted a pass rusher in Charles Harris...[sarcasm]who has been lights out so far [/sarcasm]

Well we obviously did not upgrade the offensive line like most of us wanted. Really no different if not worse than last year, Fins were bottom of the league last year in scoring/passing/3andouts, but 9th in rushing. Seems like a lot of people are excited about the offense this year, will be interesting.

The team only gave up 30 sacks last year...and that was with Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner on the team for the first six weeks. It's the inconsistencies in the run blocking, the pressures given up in the pass blocking, the occasional brain farts by the RBs and TEs on pass blocking and blitz pickups.

My biggest issue with our O-line has always been the lack of athleticism on the interior which limits the ability to pull and get to the second level. I wanted them to draft Forrest Lamp in the 1st round but they wanted a pass rusher in Charles Harris...[sarcasm]who has been lights out so far [/sarcasm]
Charles Harris looks like he's gonna be a dud. Sigh.

We were all shell shocked after having to watch Thomas, Douglas and Turner ride into the 2016 season (until they got fired). Anthony Steen played his entire career at guard (collegiate and NFL practice squad) and stepped into a starting center spot. I was shocked that he was as good as he was until he suffered some hampering injuries.

Now he has 2 years on the PS under his belt and played in 15 games last year with 7 starts. In addition to that he actually worked out in the off-season.

“I've put on a little more muscle,” says Steen. “More bulk. About ten pounds. Right now I feel healthy.”

There is a chance that he actually got better this off-season AND added some functional strength. (Some players actually do that when they are not coached by Joe Philbin).

This is also Bushrod's second year (at a new position) so he may actually be better. For some reason a lot of fans hate the guy but Gase loves him.

It's not the prefect scenrio with Pro Bowlers at every position but it's still better than anything we had prior with those young OG's mentioned above....AND Pouncey is there at the moment.

We also have a few young guys who are developing and exceeding expectations in Smith and Davis. It could be worse....and it was not long ago.

We have 1.8M in cap space....Probaly not going to be all that active other than minimum salary deals as injuries pop up.

At least you can tell we addressed our "dire" guard situation from last season lol McCoy is going to feast on Bushrod. Pouncey will have to help double him. I actually like Anthony Steen but look who we're choosing from. It's sad when Ted Larsen is our only hope by week 8 lol

Back
Top Bottom