AFC EAST positional breakdowns (Long Read) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC EAST positional breakdowns (Long Read)

Who is the best overall team in the east?

• Total voters
Brees never threw 50 TDS in a season, or won 3 SBs. Brees is not as good as Brady.

Cameron Wake did good in CFL, so have a lot of other scrubs. That football league is weak, every year some nobody that has success over there tries out for an NFL team and do nothing.
I doubt Porter and Taylor get 10+ sacks each and Wake becomes a star, that seems very optimistic for the Dolphins.
Wake doesn't have the ability of a Ware, he will never be as good as Ware. I saw film of Wake and he doesn't have even half the skill that Ware has, hes nothing special.

And I just don't consider the Dolphins the team to beat, they weren't that good last year. They had a lot of luck, they came out on top in a lot of close ball games and had help by the Jets falling apart, if it wasn't for Favre injuring his shoulder and the coaching staff being incompetent, the Jets would of won the division. And if Brady didn't get injured the Patriots probably easily would of won it.

Brees didn't throw for 50 Td's but Tom Brady never had 5,000 yards passing.
Brady has Randy Moss and Wes Welker, Drew Brees had an injured Marques Colston. If Brees had Brady's weapons he would do equally as well or better!
Brees has been in new orleans 3 years and has more 4,000 yard seasons than brady does in his entire career! He also has a much lesser team overall then brady. Brees and Brady have same amount of yards per attempt Brady has about 200 more yards passing with a year more in the league.Except for the td's and interception's brees is better or equal in everything else.
And what? I cant get excited for a guy who has alot of potential (Cam Wake)
Yes many people from the cfl fail but there are many from those leagues succedd. Remember Kurt Warner from the Arena league? You guys think Mark Sanchez is atleast 3 times the player Joe Namath was. (Read it in your ganggreen forums)

RB's are a dime a dozen. If you don't have Barry Sanders or OJ Simpson in the backfield, the names don't matter. The Pats know that. that why they have a bunch og guys that can tote the rock.

Any rb is only as good as his ol and the rest of the offense around him. I'd be happy to see Ronnie Brown get 2000yds and have the fins finish out of the playoffs. I do know no team in the afc east will be winning the division this year by running the ball. Not with Brady back.

As to Brees being even close to brady? Ask him about that. he'd be the first to admit he's got a long way to go before he even reaches Bradys zip code. Yards without wins, without playoffs victories, are almost meaningless (except to my fantasy team - Go Drew!).

Truth hurts doesn't it?
Please let me know when you start talking some truth. All I see is homeristic comments from a Jets fan. I love how you say this player will get hurt, this player sucks, blah blah blah.

Beat the Champs(The Dolphins), then come talk to me. The Dolphins have a better team then last year. The Dolphins may have had a bit of a soft schedule last season, but so did the Patriots, Jets and Bills. The Dolphins do have a tougher schedule this year, but so do the Patriots, Jets and the Bills.

The Dolphins won 11 games with a soft schedule, while your Jets won 9 games with the same soft schedule. If the Dolphins really get hit by having a tough schedule and only win 7 or 8 games like some of you Jet fans are predicting, guess what? Your Jets are probably in for a 4 or 5 win season at best with a rookie QB and head coach that so far looks like he is in way over his head.

Yes Cameron Wake may not make a huge impact this year, but the Dolphins don't need him to be a star. Their starting outside linebackers last season combined for 22.5 sacks. They also did that without the 2006 defensive player of the year on the roster. Now JT returns as a situational pass rusher and adds solid depth to our outside linebacking group.

I really laughed when I read your comments about Anthony Fasano. As good as he can get? He was stuck behing Witten in Dallas, so he never really had a chance to shine. He comes to Miami, and he blossomed in his first season as a starter. Yes he only had 454 yards receiving, but he was a good blocker and had an impressive 7 touchdowns(Keller only had 3). Jet fans should remember he had the game winning touchdown catch in Week 17 to help the Dolphins clinch the AFC East title. As good as he is going to get? HA! He is only now starting to reach his potential, and probably is in for a big year.

Jet fans talk big after finishing third in the division, and are likely in for a long year. Yes things are fresh and exciting, but with the tough schedule and a rookie QB, a doofus head coach, worry about competing with the Bills for last place in the division then trying to take over the East's two best teams, the Dolphins and the Patriots.

Rex Ryan vs Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano? I think you know which is better.

Please let me know when you start talking some truth. All I see is homeristic comments from a Jets fan. I love how you say this player will get hurt, this player sucks, blah blah blah.

Beat the Champs(The Dolphins), then come talk to me. The Dolphins have a better team then last year. The Dolphins may have had a bit of a soft schedule last season, but so did the Patriots, Jets and Bills. The Dolphins do have a tougher schedule this year, but so do the Patriots, Jets and the Bills.

The Dolphins won 11 games with a soft schedule, while your Jets won 9 games with the same soft schedule. If the Dolphins really get hit by having a tough schedule and only win 7 or 8 games like some of you Jet fans are predicting, guess what? Your Jets are probably in for a 4 or 5 win season at best with a rookie QB and head coach that so far looks like he is in way over his head.

Yes Cameron Wake may not make a huge impact this year, but the Dolphins don't need him to be a star. Their starting outside linebackers last season combined for 22.5 sacks. They also did that without the 2006 defensive player of the year on the roster. Now JT returns as a situational pass rusher and adds solid depth to our outside linebacking group.

I really laughed when I read your comments about Anthony Fasano. As good as he can get? He was stuck behing Witten in Dallas, so he never really had a chance to shine. He comes to Miami, and he blossomed in his first season as a starter. Yes he only had 454 yards receiving, but he was a good blocker and had an impressive 7 touchdowns(Keller only had 3). Jet fans should remember he had the game winning touchdown catch in Week 17 to help the Dolphins clinch the AFC East title. As good as he is going to get? HA! He is only now starting to reach his potential, and probably is in for a big year.

Jet fans talk big after finishing third in the division, and are likely in for a long year. Yes things are fresh and exciting, but with the tough schedule and a rookie QB, a doofus head coach, worry about competing with the Bills for last place in the division then trying to take over the East's two best teams, the Dolphins and the Patriots.

Rex Ryan vs Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano? I think you know which is better.
Yeah the Dolphins had the same schedule almost, except they played every west coast team at your own home, unlike the Jets who had to play each west coast team at their place which is a huge difference if you see how teams traveling across country seemed to struggle.

The Jets finished with 9 wins because Favre got injured and our coach was stupid, we probably would of finished with at least 11 wins if Favre didn't get injured and Mangini wasn't the HC and we had someone who actually knew how to coach a team, instead of someone who changed everything all the time and didn't have any consistency.

Anthony Fasano is about as good as he'll get, sure he had 7 TDs last year and he may have other seasons with 7-8 TDs. But he'll never be more then a 500 yard type TE, he just isn't that talented.
Keller had more yards and will do better in the future with his potential.
I'm a ND fan, I've seen plenty of Fasano hes a decent TE.

And the Dolphins barely made it last year, who's saying they are going to have things go their way this year? The Dolphins still aren't very talented. And I'm not saying the Jets will win the division, I am saying the Patriots will so you can shove it with your telling me I'm a homer stuff.

I know that the Jets have a rookie QB this year, which is why I don't think we make the playoffs. This year will be growing pains for our offense, I think we'll be competitive though with our run game and defense.

And how can you say Ryan has looked like hes way over his head? He hasn't coached a game yet! So far the team moral is at a high and everyone is getting ready for the season, if any rookie HC is in over their head so far its Josh McDaniels as that teams moral is shot with their players wanting out, or the Browns with guys wanting out there too. But all the players on the Jets are happy with Ryan and really are taking in his coaching, hes a great communicator and leader and the team is responding so far. Team moral is extremely important in football, believing that you can win is extremely important too.

And we don't know who's better between Sparano or Ryan, Ryan hasn't had a season under his belt as HC yet.

Brees didn't throw for 50 Td's but Tom Brady never had 5,000 yards passing.
Brady has Randy Moss and Wes Welker, Drew Brees had an injured Marques Colston. If Brees had Brady's weapons he would do equally as well or better!
Brees has been in new orleans 3 years and has more 4,000 yard seasons than brady does in his entire career! He also has a much lesser team overall then brady. Brees and Brady have same amount of yards per attempt Brady has about 200 more yards passing with a year more in the league.Except for the td's and interception's brees is better or equal in everything else.
And what? I cant get excited for a guy who has alot of potential (Cam Wake)
Yes many people from the cfl fail but there are many from those leagues succedd. Remember Kurt Warner from the Arena league? You guys think Mark Sanchez is atleast 3 times the player Joe Namath was. (Read it in your ganggreen forums)

The Saints have tons of weapons on offense over the last few years with Brees. Brady is the best in the game, get over it!

And I am hopeful Sanchez becomes great but I am not saying anything yet, I love his potential though. I'm not apart of that forum.

Yeah the Dolphins had the same schedule almost, except they played every west coast team at your own home, unlike the Jets who had to play each west coast team at their place which is a huge difference if you see how teams traveling across country seemed to struggle.

The Jets finished with 9 wins because Favre got injured and our coach was stupid, we probably would of finished with at least 11 wins if Favre didn't get injured and Mangini wasn't the HC and we had someone who actually knew how to coach a team, instead of someone who changed everything all the time and didn't have any consistency.

Anthony Fasano is about as good as he'll get, sure he had 7 TDs last year and he may have other seasons with 7-8 TDs. But he'll never be more then a 500 yard type TE, he just isn't that talented.
Keller had more yards and will do better in the future with his potential.
I'm a ND fan, I've seen plenty of Fasano hes a decent TE.

And the Dolphins barely made it last year, who's saying they are going to have things go their way this year? The Dolphins still aren't very talented. And I'm not saying the Jets will win the division, I am saying the Patriots will so you can shove it with your telling me I'm a homer stuff.

I know that the Jets have a rookie QB this year, which is why I don't think we make the playoffs. This year will be growing pains for our offense, I think we'll be competitive though with our run game and defense.

And how can you say Ryan has looked like hes way over his head? He hasn't coached a game yet! So far the team moral is at a high and everyone is getting ready for the season, if any rookie HC is in over their head so far its Josh McDaniels as that teams moral is shot with their players wanting out, or the Browns with guys wanting out there too. But all the players on the Jets are happy with Ryan and really are taking in his coaching, hes a great communicator and leader and the team is responding so far. Team moral is extremely important in football, believing that you can win is extremely important too.

And we don't know who's better between Sparano or Ryan, Ryan hasn't had a season under his belt as HC yet.
So trips to San Francisco and Seattle did the Jets in? A trip to St. Louis and the coldest game in Dolphins history in KC didn't do the Dolphins in. Good teams find a way to win on the road and it doesn't matter if it is on the other side of the country or in sub zero temperatures.

I see a lot of excuses from you as to why the Jets didn't win more then 9 games. Blaming it on Favre, Mangini and the fact that you played games on the west coast. Good teams don't have excuses, good teams just win. If we want to start the excuse game, let me throw this one out. If it wasn't for Pennington throwing the INT at the end of the first Jets game, or that prayer pass by Favre that went for a TD, the Dolphins would have been 12-4. Also, if Miami didn't have a total collapse on the last drive of the game against the Texans(they had a bunch of times on the drive where it seemed they stopped them) they would have won that game. So, the Dolphins could have really have finished the season 13-3. You know what? They didn't though. Those are excuses and good teams don't have them. They lost those games fair and square and were an 11 win team, not a 13 win team.

Does Miami really need Fasano to be a 1000 yard tight end? No. I think he is capable of being a consistent 700-800 yard TE with 6-8 touchdowns. That is pretty good for a tight end and he is a very good blocker. He won't ever be one of the top tight ends in the game, but he doesn't need to be. He can be a solid tight end and a good safety blanket for the quarterback.

So a team that went 11-5 is not talented? No they are not elite, but they are in the top tier of the league. The Dolphins have more talent on their roster right now then they did a year ago at this time. If this non-talented team can win another 11 games or more, I will take that. Not talented? LOL. Go back and watch some games from last year. I know you were upset with the Jets last December, and maybe you didn't watch Week 17, but go back and watch that game. One team was talented and well coached, the other wasn't. Go watch that and let me know which team was which.

The Patriots may in fact win the division, but there is no reason why you can write off the division champs, who are the Dolphins, not the Patriots. The Pats do return Tom Brady, but who knows if he is going to be the same player? What is their backup plan if he goes down again?

No matter how much anybody wants to crown the Patriots in July, the fact remains that the East goes through Miami, not New England. You have to beat the champs to be the champs.

I do agree with you, Josh McDaniels does look like the coach that is the most in over his head. However, Rex Ryan shows signs of it also. First off he says he does a lot of studying of teams in the offseason then goes on to say that he doesn't even know who Channing Crowder is. If he really is preparing for the season, how in the world can he not know who the starting inside linebacker is for one of his biggest division foes? Either he doesn't know how to watch film, or hasn't been doing any prep work. Yes, Channing is not a star in this league, but as an opposing coach, you need to know your opponents inside and out.

Then once he does find out who Channing is, he makes a statement that he wants to fight him. lol. Come on man, this is not how a head coach is supposed to be going about things. Seems like he still thinks he is a firey coordinator instead of the man running the entire team. The last coach I can think of that made stupid comments to the media was Cam Cameron and we all know how that turned out. Ryan is probably a better coordinator then head coach. Nothing is 100% certain, but it is a pretty safe bet that he will likely not work out as a head coach.

There is no way that Ryan is going to be able to come anywhere close to what Sparano did in his first season. Sparano actually acts like a real head coach, where Ryan does not.

My point was that Sparano AND Parcells is light years better then Rex Ryan. Lets not forget that the Ravens didn't even think Ryan was good enough to be a head coach and instead went with the defensive backs coach of the Eagles. Not a real solid endorsement there.

Just don't get your hopes up. Favre was the reason why your team was even competitive last year and he is no longer there.

Last edited by a moderator:
So trips to San Francisco and Seattle did the Jets in? A trip to St. Louis and the coldest game in Dolphins history in KC didn't do the Dolphins in. Good teams find a way to win on the road and it doesn't matter if it is on the other side of the country or in sub zero temperatures.

I see a lot of excuses from you as to why the Jets didn't win more then 9 games. Blaming it on Favre, Mangini and the fact that you played games on the west coast. Good teams don't have excuses, good teams just win. If we want to start the excuse game, let me throw this one out. If it wasn't for Pennington throwing the INT at the end of the first Jets game, or that prayer pass by Favre that went for a TD, the Dolphins would have been 12-4. Also, if Miami didn't have a total collapse on the last drive of the game against the Texans(they had a bunch of times on the drive where it seemed they stopped them) they would have won that game. So, the Dolphins could have really have finished the season 13-3. You know what? They didn't though. Those are excuses and good teams don't have them. They lost those games fair and square and were an 11 win team, not a 13 win team.

Does Miami really need Fasano to be a 1000 yard tight end? No. I think he is capable of being a consistent 700-800 yard TE with 6-8 touchdowns. That is pretty good for a tight end and he is a very good blocker. He won't ever be one of the top tight ends in the game, but he doesn't need to be. He can be a solid tight end and a good safety blanket for the quarterback.

So a team that went 11-5 is not talented? No they are not elite, but they are in the top tier of the league. The Dolphins have more talent on their roster right now then they did a year ago at this time. If this non-talented team can win another 11 games or more, I will take that. Not talented? LOL. Go back and watch some games from last year. I know you were upset with the Jets last December, and maybe you didn't watch Week 17, but go back and watch that game. One team was talented and well coached, the other wasn't. Go watch that and let me know which team was which.

The Patriots may in fact win the division, but there is no reason why you can write off the division champs, who are the Dolphins, not the Patriots. The Pats do return Tom Brady, but who knows if he is going to be the same player? What is their backup plan if he goes down again?

No matter how much anybody wants to crown the Patriots in July, the fact remains that the East goes through Miami, not New England. You have to beat the champs to be the champs.

I do agree with you, Josh McDaniels does look like the coach that is the most in over his head. However, Rex Ryan shows signs of it also. First off he says he does a lot of studying of teams in the offseason then goes on to say that he doesn't even know who Channing Crowder is. If he really is preparing for the season, how in the world can he not know who the starting inside linebacker is for one of his biggest division foes? Either he doesn't know how to watch film, or hasn't been doing any prep work. Yes, Channing is not a star in this league, but as an opposing coach, you need to know your opponents inside and out.

Then once he does find out who Channing is, he makes a statement that he wants to fight him. lol. Come on man, this is not how a head coach is supposed to be going about things. Seems like he still thinks he is a firey coordinator instead of the man running the entire team. The last coach I can think of that made stupid comments to the media was Cam Cameron and we all know how that turned out. Ryan is probably a better coordinator then head coach. Nothing is 100% certain, but it is a pretty safe bet that he will likely not work out as a head coach.

There is no way that Ryan is going to be able to come anywhere close to what Sparano did in his first season. Sparano actually acts like a real head coach, where Ryan does not.

My point was that Sparano AND Parcells is light years better then Rex Ryan. Lets not forget that the Ravens didn't even think Ryan was good enough to be a head coach and instead went with the defensive backs coach of the Eagles. Not a real solid endorsement there.

Just don't get your hopes up. Favre was the reason why your team was even competitive last year and he is no longer there.
I'm just stating a fact, teams that have traveled across country have struggled. The Jets had 4 games on the west coast and lost each one.
And the jets weren't a great team, they were badly coached and had some glaring issues. The Jets were a more talented team than the dolphins though, they just weren't as well coached. The Jets were so out of it that last game that there was no way they were going to win being that mentally drained and the Dolphins had everything to play for. Not to mention Favre throwing horrible passes with his shoulder problem which is a legit reason to why the Jets fell apart with hiim throwing INTs like crazy. The Jets weren't coached very well either, the defensive scheme was idiotic, we would send our LBs in coverage and played a prevent type defense every down. Sending 270 pound LB into coverage instead of attacking is stupid. Westhoff even said in a interview that Mangini wasn't good, saying he wasn't a good communticator or hands on enough.

And with Ryan, well you are way off. He knows who channing Crowder is, he said after words it was all in fun and he was just kidding around. He didn''t actually want to fight Crowder, he was cracking up laughing afterwords. You didn't listen to the conference live obviously so don't comment on it. Ryan is not sounding like a man in over his head, he sounds confident and knows what he wants. Hes bringing an identity to this team unlike before, we didn't know if we were passing or running or whatever this team had no identity and didn't know what they wanted. The players on this team moral was down with Mangini, he was a dictator and the players didn't respond well.

Ryan knows what he wants to do, he wants to win with defense and running the football. Brian Schottenheimer can now get back to running his offense and not having to change things up for Mangini or Favre.
Which is another thing, last year the Jets had to change their offense to fit Favre which hurt the team.

But the Jets had more talent than the Dolphins, the Jets had a more talented offense with a better run game and more talented WRs. Defense was kind of even, the Dolphins defense was ran better though.

And Ryan probably won't have the year like the Dolphins HC had last year, the schedules are harder for the AFC East this year and Ryan is going to have a rookie QB running his offense most likely, while Sparano had a veteran QB running his.
Wait and see before you state that Ryan is going to be a failure, who knows I like his attitude, he brings confidence to the team. He reminds me of Bill Parcells in ways. From what I know about Ryan is that hes good with motivating players, players love playing for him as he is a good communicator and they trust him.
His scheme on defense is awesome, I love the way he attacks offenses and how creatative he is.
I will be happy to see the Jets be competitive this season with good coaching and encouraging signs from Sanchez, if he turns into the QB I think he will well then the AFC East better watch out.

Favre was not the reason the Jets were competitive last year, they were because of the upgrades they made. The Jets are a good team, they were before Favre came. Favre actually was frustrating to watch because of him being 39 years old and not having the legs anymore to pick up 1st downs on the ground or move. The Jets can do more with a young QB like Sanchez, in terms of doing boot legs and getting Sanchez on the move who is great at throwing on the run, I am excited to see a young athletic QB back there being able to move around and by time. Our OL gave up more sacks then it should have, D'Brickashaw Ferguson gave up like 3-4 sacks last year by the stat sheets, but in reality he gave up 1 real sack, he was barely beat last season in pass protection.

The Saints have tons of weapons on offense over the last few years with Brees. Brady is the best in the game, get over it!
If you think Brees has so many options, name them. He has Colston and if you want to add a runningback go with reggie bush, who by the way has his longest catch at like 30 or 40 yards? Brady has Moss who is better than Colston and Bush combined, Wes Welker who has a lot of talent, joey galloway has his moments and even some of the pats' backs are well suited catching.
The only reason Brees doesn't have Brady's super bowls or overall wins is because he never had the team brady did and for most of brees' career in san diego it was more of L.T'S team than brees'. The only category in which brady is better is in throwing ints. Brady has 5 more games started with only about 200 yards passing, how do you explain that?

If you think Brees has so many options, name them. He has Colston and if you want to add a runningback go with reggie bush, who by the way has his longest catch at like 30 or 40 yards? Brady has Moss who is better than Colston and Bush combined, Wes Welker who has a lot of talent, joey galloway has his moments and even some of the pats' backs are well suited catching.
The only reason Brees doesn't have Brady's super bowls or overall wins is because he never had the team brady did and for most of brees' career in san diego it was more of L.T'S team than brees'. The only category in which brady is better is in throwing ints. Brady has 5 more games started with only about 200 yards passing, how do you explain that?
Brees has Colston who's a stud WR, he has Lance Moore who is really good. Devery Henderson is a playmaker. Reggie Bush is a very good receiver at RB even if he isn't a good RB.
He has 2 good receiving TEs in Billy Miller and Jeremy Shockey. Lets not pretend and act like Brees has no one to throw too, he has a very good offense around him. Brady is better though.

Agreed, the Patriots are clearly the top team in the division. Tom Brady is the best QB in football, that offense is loaded and will be tough to stop. And the Patriots defense won't will be good enough for how good their offense is.

The Dolphins most likely get a dose of reality this year, Chad Pennington is mediocre at QB and will struggle with the tougher teams. Last year they had a light schedule that allowed Pennington to be effective, against defenses with skill he struggles. His dump offs don't keep defenses honest, his inability to stretch the field hurts you.
He says that Ronnie Brown is the same as a Tom Brady, the RB that had 1 1,000 yard season in his career, and barely had it.

And Fasano is basically as good as he'll ever be, hes been in the NFL for 3 years and his best year he got 400 yards, thats what he is. Most likely drops in TD numbers this year. Very limited in talent.
Cameron Wake is not going to be anywhere near as good as Demarcus Ware who is the best pass rusher in football. Doubt Wake does anything worth noting.
Jason Taylor is a liability against the run, is older now and I doubt Porter does what he did last year who is also older now.

The Dolphins aren't the team to beat.

:rotfl1: You think last year was a fluke. Sorry, but two years ago 1-15 and the last few years before was a fluke. We did not have a qb, our rb was injured, and are coaching staff is a joke ever sense don went away.. now jt, jt two years ago had 55 tackles overall, 11 sacks, and 1 int. for a td, so yeah age has a factor, but the next year he was away from football doing dancing with the stars, was not happy with redskins, and went through a injury there. See what i hate about two years ago is i knew we had talent on our team, but did everything wrong a organization can do. Dolphins are back to where they belong a [FONT=&quot]challenge[/FONT] to the league. heres another reason why i do not like jets fans dont agree within your division.. EVER!!

:rotfl1: You think last year was a fluke. Sorry, but two years ago 1-15 and the last few years before was a fluke. We did not have a qb, our rb was injured, and are coaching staff is a joke ever sense don lefted.. now jt, jt two years ago had 55 tackles overall, 11 sacks, and 1 int. for a td, so yeah age has a factor, but the next year he was away from football doing dancing with the stars, was not happy with redskins, and went through a injury there. See what i hate about two years ago is i knew we had talent on our team, but did everything wrong a organization can do. Dolphins are back to where they belong a [FONT=&quot]challenge[/FONT] to the league. heres another reason why i do not like jets fans dont agree within your division.. EVER!!

Because I tell it like I see it, the Dolphins don't scare me at all. The Dolphins aren't among the elites in the NFL like you Dolphin fans believe, heck they were destroyed in the playoffs last year.
The Patriots are still the team to beat, you guys can hide in your teal world, but the rest of us in the division realize that the Patriots are the most talented team in the division and have their star QB coming back. The Dolphins have to show me they are for real this year, I have seen enough of Pennington over his career to say hes nothing more than average. He struggles against top defenses, he will always struggle against top defenses. I bet Chad Henne ends up taking the job at some point this year, or at least your fan base will be asking for the change at QB.

Brees has Colston who's a stud WR (I dont think a man who has has just over 1,000 yards as career high is worth calling a stud) , he has Lance Moore who is really good (the one who started 6 games despite not being injured??). Devery Henderson is a playmaker (the one who had 32 catches last year??). Reggie Bush is a very good receiver at RB even if he isn't a good RB.
He has 2 good receiving TEs in Billy Miller and Jeremy Shockey. Lets not pretend and act like Brees has no one to throw too, he has a very good offense around him. Brady is better though. (HOW???)
A peek into the mind of Jetsfan0099: (Im a jets fan who knows that the weapons around tom brady and the pats overall have a much better team than the saints but will suck up to the pats at any cost in hopes that they will go easy on my team and only beat them by 20 points, and because there is a dolfan that made me sound really dumb i have to try to make the saints seem like they have all-star weapons around drew brees while failing to mention all of tom brady's weapons.)

I think its hilarious how you mention brees' weapons but not tom brady's.
Last year 80% of football fans not counting new orleans' fans didn't know who devery henderson was! Moss is much better than Colston Wes Welker is better than henderson and moore are, as i said kevin faulk and sammy morris are just as good as bush is even if they aren't as explosive.Shockey was injured last year and watson is better than miller. I made some edits to your quote just to make your post have more sense.

Because I tell it like I see it, the Dolphins don't scare me at all. The Dolphins aren't among the elites in the NFL like you Dolphin fans believe, heck they were destroyed in the playoffs last year.
The Patriots are still the team to beat, you guys can hide in your teal world, but the rest of us in the division realize that the Patriots are the most talented team in the division and have their star QB coming back. The Dolphins have to show me they are for real this year, I have seen enough of Pennington over his career to say hes nothing more than average. He struggles against top defenses, he will always struggle against top defenses. I bet Chad Henne ends up taking the job at some point this year, or at least your fan base will be asking for the change at QB.

:err:What i find funny is that other fans, like yourself, do not present what they think their team will be like, and instead jump on a band wagon and say hey i like patriots. The jets do not have a change against the dolphins. The game we lost from u guys last year was the result of brett amazing luck and i you know it. i see that u have been actively writing on this forum and guess your vote went to the pats. Are even sure you are a jets fan? i know that pats are a talented team, but honesty the only reason why other elite teams will not beat them this year is with having the attitude you have. Can i call dolphins a elite team now? Of course i can i am die hard fan and see success even if we are not afc east champs this year, but yes realistically this is the year dolphins need to prove themselves.

A peek into the mind of Jetsfan0099: (Im a jets fan who knows that the weapons around tom brady and the pats overall have a much better team than the saints but will suck up to the pats at any cost in hopes that they will go easy on my team and only beat them by 20 points, and because there is a dolfan that made me sound really dumb i have to try to make the saints seem like they have all-star weapons around drew brees while failing to mention all of tom brady's weapons.)

I think its hilarious how you mention brees' weapons but not tom brady's.
Last year 80% of football fans not counting new orleans' fans didn't know who devery henderson was! Moss is much better than Colston Wes Welker is better than henderson and moore are, as i said kevin faulk and sammy morris are just as good as bush is even if they aren't as explosive.Shockey was injured last year and watson is better than miller. I made some edits to your quote just to make your post have more sense.

Anyone who actually watches football around the NFL knows who Henderson is, hes a very fast WR who tends to drop passes but when he catches them hes gone pretty much. I wasn't stating that the Saints have better weapons than the Pats, I am stating that they have awesome weapons too. That offense is potent, its not just because of Brees the guys he throws too are very good.
Look at Brady's career, he doesn't need Randy Moss. The one year he actually has a #1 WR he throws for 50 TDs. His career 92.9 QB rating is better than Brees 89.4. Also Brady throws less INTs.

Brady is the best QB in the league, period.

:err:What i find funny is that other fans, like yourself, do not present what they think their team will be like, and instead jump on a band wagon and say hey i like patriots. The jets do not have a change against the dolphins. The game we lost from u guys last year was the result of brett amazing luck and i you know it. i see that u have been actively writing on this forum and guess your vote went to the pats. Are even sure you are a jets fan? i know that pats are a talented team, but honesty the only reason why other elite teams will not beat them this year is with having the attitude you have. Can i call dolphins a elite team now? Of course i can i am die hard fan and see success even if we are not afc east champs this year, but yes realistically this is the year dolphins need to prove themselves.
I have an opinion on what my team will be like, I think we'll surprise some people. But I have to see how far Sanchez can come along.
I don't like the Patriots, I hate them. They are the team I hate the most in the NFL, but you know what I still realize they are the top team in the division. I'm not going to kid myself into thinking that they aren't good. I'm not going to vote for the Jets as the top team, because they aren't. We may have a rookie QB starting, history shows that growing pains will happen. But I am optimistic for the future of the team. Teams can beat the Pats but I think they are the best team in the division, I'm not saying I like the Patriots at all. I want the Jets to beat them, I am hopeful they will. Go ahead and call the Dolphins elite, they aren't though. No one in the NFL thinks they are. Fans don't have to think their team is going to win every game, I root for them every game and I watch every game win or lose, because I'm a fan. But I don't sit here and say that my team is the best in the league and going to beat everyone, because I would look like a fool.

Back
Top Bottom