AFC EAST positional breakdowns (Long Read) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC EAST positional breakdowns (Long Read)

Who is the best overall team in the east?

• Total voters
I have an opinion on what my team will be like, I think we'll surprise some people. But I have to see how far Sanchez can come along.
I don't like the Patriots, I hate them. They are the team I hate the most in the NFL, but you know what I still realize they are the top team in the division. I'm not going to kid myself into thinking that they aren't good. I'm not going to vote for the Jets as the top team, because they aren't. We may have a rookie QB starting, history shows that growing pains will happen. But I am optimistic for the future of the team. Teams can beat the Pats but I think they are the best team in the division, I'm not saying I like the Patriots at all. I want the Jets to beat them, I am hopeful they will. Go ahead and call the Dolphins elite, they aren't though. No one in the NFL thinks they are. Fans don't have to think their team is going to win every game, I root for them every game and I watch every game win or lose, because I'm a fan. But I don't sit here and say that my team is the best in the league and going to beat everyone, because I would look like a fool.

I really do not attack you, well other then u being a jets fan. i have good reason to say pats are the team to beat due to the last 9 years. Thats just how talk football when it come to pats. i just i see what pats can be but seriously their time needs to go. i am glad when i saw nyg beat two years ago cause it show that patriots are not what everyone thinks.. im sticking to that and patriots have their head to far up their a** to not realize everyone has their time to shine. dolphins had their time and have drop and now look to rise again. Now sense in the the last pass decade pats have been the most dominate they think they are the best team ever. Dolphins has the perfect season, but you dont see me saying we are the best team to ever play. But i do not like hearing we are nothing to everybody. people tend to forget that we lead the afc east division in wins overal with pats two less wins, but also dolphins has the highest % when its comes to win/lose. also we have 2 super bowl rings witch to pitt, 49ers, redskins, packers, pats, and nyg we fall next after that.

Jetsfan0099, Im not going to sit on this thread and tell you how much better brady's weapons and team are overall, but 8/10 people will tell you brees has few weapons and brady has more. Anyway, thats not the point of this and if you want to keep going on and on then search the internet for brady vs brees.

Jetsfan0099, Im not going to sit on this thread and tell you how much better brady's weapons and team are overall, but 8/10 people will tell you brees has few weapons and brady has more. Anyway, thats not the point of this and if you want to keep going on and on then search the internet for brady vs brees.

Its embarassing that you actually believe the garbage that you type. Drew Brees is better than Tom Brady? No. Not now, not ever. I like Drew Brees a lot as a quarterback, but better than Tom Brady? You're crazy. Tom Brady has always posted pro bowl caliber numbers and the one year he finally got some help on the offensive side of the ball he broke records. He made Deion Branch the receiver he WAS in New England, look what happened when he went to Seattle. He's average. Reche Caldwall and Doug Gabriel/Jabar Gaffney as his targets in 2006 and where did he take the Patriots? To the AFC title game where they were up 21-6 at the half. You arguing this and believing it is an insult to the Dolphins fans on this message board.

Try to be realistic about this.....

Miami went 11-5 by having everything important go their way.....setting a league record for lowest turnovers....and staying healthy for the most part....players like Joey Porter and Yeremiah Bell having career years...etc...unleashing the Wildcat on an unsuspecting Patriots team in week 3.......0-2 up to that point...

The Patriots went 11-5 with everything important going AGAINST them....losing the best player in the league and catalyst for that team in week 1....yet sent in a quarterback who hadn't started a game since high school that performed well enough to fetch multiple draft picks in a trade....

I haven't heard anyone anywhere say that the Dolphins will suck in 2009......but only that they see Miami's 2008 season for what it was.....and the Patriots 2008 season for what it was....

Let's reverse it.....if Miami had accomplished over the last decade what the Patriots have....and then have a Patriots team that was one year removed from almost going winless pop up and win the division via tiebreaker with a last placed schedule while Miami's HOF quarterback was out for the season with injury.....you know damn well you'd be calling it "rediculous" if anyone picked that Patriots team as the prohibited favorites over Miami heading into the next season....

Getting to the top of a 4 team division isn't exactly the hard part.....it's getting to the top of a 16 team conference that's the hard part.....and the hardest part after that is STAYING there and proving that you belong there.....something the Patriots have already done and Miami has yet to prove....

Miami's day may be coming.....but if you're convinced it's already here just because of last year....I'm afraid some Dolphin fans are setting themselves up for another mighty dose of NFL reality....lol

Anyone who didn't select the Pats just proved how big of a homer they are. Congrats.

why is this a debate? Clearly the dolphins will be 16-0 this year while the Jets, Bills and Pats will go 0-12-4. This is the beginning of the Phins dynatsy!(don't confuse this dynasty w/ the one that was being started by Nick Saban:lol2:)

I am not saying the fins are suddenly the greatest team ever, every nfl team has their dynasties and the patriots' may be coming to a close soon. Tom Brady may have a down year as many people with serious injuries do and may not ever be the same, Randy Moss is just getting older and after those 2, the patriots are just an average franchise.
The fins on the other hand are getting better with their franchise qb learning behind chad pennington ted ginn is getting better, Davone Bess will only get better the fins have a real pass-rushing duo with joey porter and jason taylor. Pat White will only make the wild-cat more dangerous especially with a new and improved Ronnie Brown.
And a top 10 or 15 D.

I am not saying the fins are suddenly the greatest team ever, every nfl team has their dynasties and the patriots' may be coming to a close soon. Tom Brady may have a down year as many people with serious injuries do and may not ever be the same, Randy Moss is just getting older and after those 2, the patriots are just an average franchise.
The fins on the other hand are getting better with their franchise qb learning behind chad pennington ted ginn is getting better, Davone Bess will only get better the fins have a real pass-rushing duo with joey porter and jason taylor. Pat White will only make the wild-cat more dangerous especially with a new and improved Ronnie Brown.
And a top 10 or 15 D.

Yes we get it everyone on the Dolphins is just getting better while everyone on the Patriots isn't getting better or is getting worse.:crazy:

And a top 10 or 15 D.

You've got a long wait ahead of you. Brady want to play into his forties, Belichick shows no sign of retiring anytime soon.

Forget about Moss. He's great, but all it takes to stay on top is Brady, Belichick, and the team BB builds around him. One of these days they'll have a down year. I wouldn't hold your breath expecting it to be this year. When was the last time they won less than 10? 2002?

The fins and pats should have about the same amount of wins (one having one or two more mabye)
The pats aren't going to get much better than they are.
If Chad Henne makes as good a starting transition as Aaron Rodgers did then we will have a young dangerous QB. Ted ginn will have 1,000 yards in a year or two, Davone Bess is a more athletic version of Wes Welker and greg camarillo always tries his hardest Ronnie Brown in his 3rd year was on pace to break the all-purpose yards record.
And the pats and fins D are both about equal

wow.

The fins and pats should have about the same amount of wins (one having one or two more mabye)
Really? Please show us the schedule and which games you have the fins winning. I see them winning 8 max, even though they have more talent than last year. They have an OK team that took advantage of a banged up AFC East and a weak schedule last year and made it to the playoffs. Once they faced a real playoff caliber team they got roasted and sent home. That game is your litmus for how they stack up against top teams, and you'll be facing a lot more good teams this year (on paper).

The Pats won 11 games last year without there superbowl MVP, all-pro, HOF QB who is now back. I believe they had a decent record the previous season when he was healthy, no?

The pats aren't going to get much better than they are.
What does that even mean? They aren't going to get much better than the undefeated regular season team? Gee I hope not.

If Chad Henne makes as good a starting transition as Aaron Rodgers did then we will have a young dangerous QB.
If Vernon Gholston plays like LT he'll be a ridiculous OLB. What gives you any idea Henne will play as well as Rodgers did? Why the comparison?

Ted ginn will have 1,000 yards in a year or two,
Total? He's coming into his own, I don't think a 1000 yard season is a ridiculous prediction but he hasn't shown 1000 yard receiver capability yet.

Davone Bess is a more athletic version of Wes Welker
Really? Let's see him produce like Welker before you start saying he's Welker but more athletic. Please.

and greg camarillo always tries his hardest
Well whop di freakin doo. He always tries his hardest? This isn't little league, you don't get a trophy for showing up and playing your hardest.

Ronnie Brown in his 3rd year was on pace to break the all-purpose yards record.
Ronnie Brown is nasty when healthy.

And the pats and fins D are both about equal
If the Pats O is near what it was in '07 when Brady was healthy there defense will benifit tremendously. The Dolphins D doesn't scare anyone.

we're the east champs, but the pastsies will be the team to beat next year. their defense is mighty suspect - but if that offense can stay healthy - it's not gonna be fun stopping them. i'm really hoping our D can go from decent to elite in a hurry. sucks having to play them twice.

i do think we're the next best team in the division though. the bills and jets just have too many question marks on both side of the ball.

Really? Please show us the schedule and which games you have the fins winning. I see them winning 8 max, even though they have more talent than last year. They have an OK team that took advantage of a banged up AFC East and a weak schedule last year and made it to the playoffs. Once they faced a real playoff caliber team they got roasted and sent home. That game is your litmus for how they stack up against top teams, and you'll be facing a lot more good teams this year (on paper).

Colts, Chargers, Bills (2) Jets (2) Patriots, Buccaneers, Jaguars, Texans.
Thats 10 i believe?

If Vernon Gholston plays like LT he'll be a ridiculous OLB. What gives you any idea Henne will play as well as Rodgers did? Why the comparison?

Because Henne is much better than gholston and will have learned from the most accurate qb in the league for atleast 2 years before starting.

Really? Let's see him produce like Welker before you start saying he's Welker but more athletic. Please.

Davone had more production than wes did in his rookie year.
I answered your questions

I answered your questions
OK, I'm gonna guess you're a kid. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team. I try to be more realistic, but to each there own.

Don't throw in the towel if they start off 0-3 though, they are getting better.

Back
Top Bottom