AFC EAST positional breakdowns (Long Read) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC EAST positional breakdowns (Long Read)

Who is the best overall team in the east?

• Total voters
OK, I'm gonna guess you're a kid. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team. I try to be more realistic, but to each there own.

Don't throw in the towel if they start off 0-3 though, they are getting better.
They won't start off the season 0-3. I see 1-2 being reasonable. History proves that we will have a great season this year...

Best D- Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Bills
Best O- Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, Jets

Best overall team, the Patriots.

They won't start off the season 0-3. I see 1-2 being reasonable. History proves that we will have a great season this year...

What history proves that?

Best D- Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Bills
Best O- Patriots, Dolphins, Bills, Jets

Best overall team, the Patriots.

Buffalo will have the 2nd best O and if we can get even decent play from the QB we'll slide ahead of you as well.

Since the jets got Rex, their D should be unbeatable....using thier logic our '07 offense should have been able to score 40 ppg bc Cameron was running it.

What history proves that?

Buffalo will have the 2nd best O and if we can get even decent play from the QB we'll slide ahead of you as well.

So you think the Jets will have a better offense than the Dolphins if they get decent QB play? You have already said you think the Jets will have a worse record than the Dolphins, so how will that happen if they have a better offense and defense?

Are you that sure you are not going to get anything decent out of the qb position this year? :)

I answered your questions

Yeah, you answered the questions, specifically the 10 wins you feel the Phins will get durring the regular season.

Beating two division rivals twice each is quite a tall order, especially when your playing the Jets and Bills in November in their stadiums. The Colts and Chargers arn't cake walks either and the Texans could be this years, dare I say it, "Dolphins" that take their division.

I think 8-8 is a realistic mind set at this time of year for the phins. Why set yourself up for dissapointment? Then again, if Miami wins 10 or 12 games you've gone beyond that conservative estimate and are in heaven....PhinHeaven.

So you think the Jets will have a better offense than the Dolphins if they get decent QB play? You have already said you think the Jets will have a worse record than the Dolphins, so how will that happen if they have a better offense and defense?

Are you that sure you are not going to get anything decent out of the qb position this year? :)

I think if our QB doesn't turn it over like our QB did last year our Offense can be good. I think we have better players around the QB than you guys do, the reason I pick you guys ahead of us is b/c of that reason.

Anything can happen but I wouldn't bet a rookie QB is going to come in and be good from the start- I hope so but I'm not counting on it.

I think if our QB doesn't turn it over like our QB did last year our Offense can be good. I think we have better players around the QB than you guys do, the reason I pick you guys ahead of us is b/c of that reason.

Anything can happen but I wouldn't bet a rookie QB is going to come in and be good from the start- I hope so but I'm not counting on it.

If the qb doesn't turn it over most all teams can be good.
We have more than 1 receiver that people have heard of before the offseason,
mark sanchez can't throw 60 yards and he's a rookie so teams probably can put 8 or 9 in the box and or double cover cotchery than your offense can pretty much be stopped.

mark sanchez can't throw 60 yards and he's a rookie so teams probably can put 8 or 9 in the box and or double cover cotchery than your offense can pretty much be stopped.
I guess you never seen Sanchez play... He can't throw 60 yards? Don't try and act like Sanchez is Pennington, he threw 70+ yards for the Jets in a workout. I've seen Sanchez throw a 65+ yard pass in college.
Sanchez has a strong arm, just get rid of the thought that he has a weak arm, that was a lame rumor that was started by people who haven't seen him play and its quite annoying.

Oh and by the way, Pennington can't even throw 50 yards. The farthest pass I've ever seen him throw was 47-48 yards in air. I even checked out his deep passes with the Dolphins and nothing.

Even if pennington cant throw 50 yards, his accuracy backs up his strength, unless he is being pressured 95% of his passes are right to the gut where its easy to catch.
Oh and if teams don't respect the pass and put 8 men in the box, why was the dolphins passing and running both in the top half of the league?

I guess you never seen Sanchez play... He can't throw 60 yards? Don't try and act like Sanchez is Pennington, he threw 70+ yards for the Jets in a workout..

Sanchez is definitely not Pennington. You can say what you want about Pennington's arm strength (I used to when he was a Jet), but it does not seem to stop him from winning games.

The Jets will be in good shape if Sanchez turns out to be as good as a healthy Chad Pennington.

True most teams can be good if they don't turn it over but we'll be a running team first, a ball control team so and an O that won't be able to score quickly to overcome big deficits so it's even more important not to turn over.

Sanchez can throw 60 yards and we do have some speed at WR. Those plays are still few and far btw but we have that ability. if teams stack the box we have guys that can get deep and matchup problems we can exploit w/ Stuckey in the slot and Keller down the seam.

Sanchez is definitely not Pennington. You can say what you want about Pennington's arm strength (I used to when he was a Jet), but it does not seem to stop him from winning games.

The Jets will be in good shape if Sanchez turns out to be as good as a healthy Chad Pennington.

Chad's lack of arm strength is a bit overblown. No he doesn't have a rocket arm but he can pretty much make all the throws and arm strength isn't shown in the 50-60 yd pass as much as the out routes that a QB has to zip a ball by defenders. Chad makes up for that w/ timing and anticipation although it's not his strength.

Even if pennington cant throw 50 yards, his accuracy backs up his strength, unless he is being pressured 95% of his passes are right to the gut where its easy to catch.
Oh and if teams don't respect the pass and put 8 men in the box, why was the dolphins passing and running both in the top half of the league?
Because you were getting long gains out of the wild cat formation.
And anyways you guys couldn't do anything against the Ravens, they were the only top defense you played last year. The rest were average to bad defenses.
But anyways having extra guys in the box happens, teams stacked the box against the Jets and the Jets had some of their best running performances when it happened.

I think Sanchez will be better than Pennington, he has much more physical talent and has the intangibles Pennington has too.

And yes Pennington can win some games, he can get a team to the playoffs. But can he win a SB? No. Top defenses own him, look at his career you will see.

Because you were getting long gains out of the wild cat formation.
What long gains? i remember one against the pats and one against the texans and i probably missed 2 or 3 more or something but the wildcat was NOT the reason we won 11 games or were in the top of the league in rushing and passing.
Even if we hadn't used the wildcat we would still most likely have 11 games won and the division.
People tend to forget that our D held the patriots to 13 points not the wildcat.
I believe we could easily get over 13 points and beat the pats.
Other than that the wildcat wasn't that effective.

Back
Top Bottom