Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez

a healthy Chad was a top 5 QB in this league BUT Chad wasn't a great playoff QB. mark has been much better under playoff pressure.

Henne never had you near a playoff berth let alone a SB so Jet fans don't feel about mark the way you do about henne.

Do you really believe that Sanchez is a better QB than Pennington? Pennington faced tougher competition in the playoffs (has 1 less playoff game as a Jet) with a D and running game that was not as good as what Sanchez had, and his numbers are still very close.

Pennington 1165 yards 7tds 4 ints ----- Sanchez 1155 yards 9tds 3ints

Please show me all the bad QBs in NFL history to play in back to back title games(in their first 2 years no less).

:deadhorse:

good thing we don't rely on rankings and we watch the games w/ our eyes so we know the Jets didn't have a top 5 running game or OL last year and the D isn't an elite one which has been the main reason we lost both title games.

You're clueless. I'm done with you. See you in 2 years when Sanchez is playing for someone else because he's atrocious.

Realistically, despite putting up some inspiring numbers in 09 and over the last 3 games, concussion injuries or not, Moore also has too many bumps as a 2010 starter and only 19 starts in total to definitively assert he's > than Taco.

However, while we'd be jumping the gun making that claim, it's much safer to say that he's not any worse and leave it at that for now.

You're clueless. I'm done with you. See you in 2 years when Sanchez is playing for someone else because he's atrocious.

I'm clueless:lol2:

Instead of hurling insults you really should pay attention so you learn something about this game.

Do you really believe that Sanchez is a better QB than Pennington? Pennington faced tougher competition in the playoffs (has 1 less playoff game as a Jet) with a D and running game that was not as good as what Sanchez had, and his numbers are still very close.

Pennington 1165 yards 7tds 4 ints ----- Sanchez 1155 yards 9tds 3ints

:deadhorse:

How exactly did Chad face tougher competition in the playoffs?

2002 faced Indy at home, Peyton had never won a playoff game in his career to this point- our D SHUT HIM OUT.
2002 at oakland, Oak was an 11 win team and had the 1 seed.

2004 at SD, they had a nice record but this was Drew Brees' first playoff game and SD was a stunning playoff team. Our D held them to 17 pts through the 4th qtr and OT
2004 at Pitt: ben's first playoff game, our D and STs scored TDs in a 20-17 OT loss

2006 at NE: Brady's top weapons were Jabar gaffney and reche Caldwell and he had no running game.

How are these teams better than 13-3 SD, 14-2 Indy, 14-2 NE and 12-4 Pitt?

9 TDs and 3 INts is better than 7 and 4, right? all of sanchez's games were on the road too and he was a rookie and 2nd yr QB while Chad was a 3rd yr, 5th year and 7th year QB

2002 faced Indy at home, Peyton had never won a playoff game in his career to this point- our D SHUT HIM OUT.

2004 at SD, they had a nice record but this was Drew Brees' first playoff game and SD was a stunning playoff team. Our D held them to 17 pts through the 4th qtr and OT
2004 at Pitt: ben's first playoff game, our D and STs scored TDs in a 20-17 OT loss

2006 at NE: Brady's top weapons were Jabar gaffney and reche Caldwell and he had no running game.

9 TDs and 3 INts is better than 7 and 4, right? all of sanchez's games were on the road too and he was a rookie and 2nd yr QB while Chad was a 3rd yr, 5th year and 7th year QB

I think you are one of about 4 Jet fans left that still support Sanchez. Give a real quarterback Holmes, Keller and Plax and they'll put on a show. I understand that Sanchez doesn't have a great line this year, but seriously neither does Roethlisberger, Rodgers or Brees, you are dilluted sir.

I think you are one of about 4 Jet fans left that still support Sanchez. Give a real quarterback Holmes, Keller and Plax and they'll put on a show. I understand that Sanchez doesn't have a great line this year, but seriously neither does Roethlisberger, Rodgers or Brees, you are dilluted sir.

I couldn't care less if I was the only one, I see the game different than the average fan. I realize it's not all on mark. It's hard to succeed w/ poor OL play and no running game.

By the way, most of the Jet fans I know still like sanchez.

I couldn't care less if I was the only one, I see the game different than the average fan. I realize it's not all on mark. It's hard to succeed w/ poor OL play and no running game.

By the way, most of the Jet fans I know still like sanchez.

Then you know the other 3 Jets fans?

"soaphands" Edwards had very few drops last year, he was great for us last year. I think Plax has done a good job and has given Mark the RZ target he needed but Braylon was big AND a deep threat and I think he does miss him but the biggest problem w/ the O this year has been the OL. When they play well, the O plays well and we win.

Did you watch those teams play defense? GB made the playoffs b/c of their defense b/c GB's O was so banged up, GB's D was 2nd in points allowed. When the O struggled in the title game the D scored and held down Chicago on the road.

NO was 6th in PA 2 years ago and they created a million turnovers that year including the one that saved the NFC title game and WON the Super Bowl.

I don't disagree w/ this post for the most part. I do think what you have done in the past counts but Mark has regressed and is playing below average right now.

Points and points scored are not really stats, that is the goal of the game. To score and keep your opponent from scoring. The statheads will point to NE's yards allowed ranking.

The Pats D is not a top D but they are not a bottom D either.

Sanchez was great against a better Pats D on the road in the playoffs last year, he has the ability. he's in a funk right now and it's hard to have success when you are running for your life. It's not all his fault, the OL is the #1 culprit.

The Fitz situation reminds me of Matt Moore. Journeyman QB who has dome success on a bad team and makes the fans believe he is a long term answer despite never playing in a big game. mark has played, won and thrived in big games.

What sets Mark apart? this year? not much, he's not having a good year but last year? he made plays to win games and just like his rookie year he stepped up in January which many of the supposed top QBs have been unable to do.

i honestly cant even keep debating with you because even when i say exclude the playoffs and anything previous all you do is bring back points about last year or the year before and referencing playing the pats defense of last year, enough about last year i asked about this years Pats defense, and how you can say the Patriots defense isnt that bad is just complete denial to cover up Sanchez, and for you to say the O-Line is the #1 culprit just prooves your ultimate homerism and complete coverup for sanchez and making up excuse after excuse, not ever QB is going to have a top 5 O-Line and Running game like sanchez did in 09, this is 2011, Jets O-Line still has 2 all pro lineman and a running back in Green who all Jet fans were so high on as they are on every player on their team, good QBs overcome bad O-Line play, as you have seen referenced in this thread, Aaron Rodgers and Cutler and Roethlisberger, i mean hell Matt Moore with Columbo the human turnstile, a rookie in Pouncey, Jake Long coming off an injury where he missed every practice and pre season game leading into the season, and 375lb Vernon Carey switching positions Matt Moore has still been able to step up and avoid the rush and make plays, Sanchez is just not good without a clean pocket, he panics and gets happy feet and does not know how to avoid a rush and without his #1 read being open he gets all jumpy and forces balls, Look at Brady last night his O-Line was getting abused and he got sacked 3 times in the first couple possessions and just got back up and continued being Brady

I mean i believe you prove my point by saying the O-Line is the #1 culprit for your QBs poor play, the QB is responsible for his own play and to overcome any obstacles that may get in his way including his own O-Line, good QBs face and overcome that adversity, Sanchez had no adversity his rookie year with a near perfect oline and running game yet still looked completely lost, and he really has not progressed much at all since (regular season)

I mean your OC and head coach also proved Sanchez is not good and someone they dont trust, they started off with the whole were gona air it out nonsense and after they lucked out against Romo and beat the god awful jaguars everyone was fine with it, but once they played decent competition, and sanchez looked lost and awful again, they they abandoned having him be the guy who can shoulder the load and carry his team on his arm and openly came out and said "we need to get back to ground and pound" if that isnt the ultimate insult to sanchez and his game then i dont know what is, you think the Packers are going to say to Aaron Rodgers "lets ground and pound it" or to any of the good QBs in this league, no because they trust their QB and know he can handle having the game all on him, not based on the running game and playing field position and defense, notice how they never ever let sanchez "air it out" they call all safe little dump plays and short slants and come back routes, because they dont trust Sanchez making big throws, he has proved it to them in short passes that he is a pick 6 waiting to happen, he lost them that Broncos game, it never should have been up to the defense on that final drive if Sanchez doesnt throw a pick 6, Sanchez also put the final nail in the coffin in the Patriots game with another pick 6, except for a handful of good regular season games, most regular season games the jets have won have been in spite of Sanchez and over coming his deficiencies in the passing game and his mistake

i honestly cant even keep debating with you because even when i say exclude the playoffs and anything previous all you do is bring back points about last year or the year before and referencing playing the pats defense of last year, enough about last year i asked about this years Pats defense, and how you can say the Patriots defense isnt that bad is just complete denial to cover up Sanchez, and for you to say the O-Line is the #1 culprit just prooves your ultimate homerism and complete coverup for sanchez and making up excuse after excuse, not ever QB is going to have a top 5 O-Line and Running game like sanchez did in 09, this is 2011, Jets O-Line still has 2 all pro lineman and a running back in Green who all Jet fans were so high on as they are on every player on their team, good QBs overcome bad O-Line play, as you have seen referenced in this thread, Aaron Rodgers and Cutler and Roethlisberger, i mean hell Matt Moore with Columbo the human turnstile, a rookie in Pouncey, Jake Long coming off an injury where he missed every practice and pre season game leading into the season, and 375lb Vernon Carey switching positions Matt Moore has still been able to step up and avoid the rush and make plays, Sanchez is just not good without a clean pocket, he panics and gets happy feet and does not know how to avoid a rush and without his #1 read being open he gets all jumpy and forces balls, Look at Brady last night his O-Line was getting abused and he got sacked 3 times in the first couple possessions and just got back up and continued being Brady

I mean i believe you prove my point by saying the O-Line is the #1 culprit for your QBs poor play, the QB is responsible for his own play and to overcome any obstacles that may get in his way including his own O-Line, good QBs face and overcome that adversity, Sanchez had no adversity his rookie year with a near perfect oline and running game yet still looked completely lose, and he really has not progressed much at all since (regular season)

I mean your OC and head coach also proved Sanchez is not good and someone they dont trust, they started off with the whole were gona air it out nonsense and after they lucked out against Romo and beat the god awful jaguars everyone was fine with it, but once they played decent competition, and sanchez looked lost and awful again, they they abandoned having him be the guy who can shoulder the load and carry his team on his arm and openly came out and said "we need to get back to ground and pound" if that isnt the ultimate insult to sanchez and his game then i dont know what is, you think the Packers are going to say to Aaron Rodgers "lets ground and pound it" or to any of the good QBs in this league, no because they trust their QB and know he can handle having the game all on him, not based on the running game and playing field position and defense, notice how they never ever let sanchez "air it out" they call all safe little dump plays and short slants and come back routes, because they dont trust Sanchez making big throws, he has proved it to them in short passes that he is a pick 6 waiting to happen, he lost them that Broncos game, it never should have been up to the defense on that final drive if Sanchez doesnt throw a pick 6, Sanchez also put the final nail in the coffin in the Patriots game with another pick 6, except for a handful of good regular season games, most regular season games the jets have won have been in spite of Sanchez and over coming his deficiencies in the passing game and his mistake

The Pats D has allowed basically the same amount of points as our D, that's why I can say they are much better than their meaningless yards allowed ranking. NE is typically up in games and they give up a ton of garbage time yds and some garbage time points. That doesn;'t make them a bad D, this is why I ask you guys to actually watch the games instead of just looking at stat sheets. Who cares if Miami scored a garbage time TD in week 1? if you watch them you'd know they aren't a top D but you'd also know they aren't a bottom D either like the yards allowed stat tells us.

Did mark have a top 5 running game and OL in 2010? how did he do?

has our D blown tons of games late the last 2+ years?

It's not my fault you cannot allow yourself to see similarities btw thia team and the last 2.

If you think Rodgers and ben have bad OLs or OLs as bad as ours has been this year you don't know what you are watching.

Matt Moore has "stepped up" against awful competition w/ no pressure to win.

Sanchez has overcome the OL and running game to have us at 5-5, you act like we are 3-7. he hasn't taken that next step b/c of the OL and running game, no QB would have great #s w/ the way our OL has played.

Our Ol was brutal the first month, the airing it out was forced upon us b/c we couldn't run. As the OL got healthier we got back to running it and started running successfully then we lost our top 2 RBs and had no run game again last week.

mark is not and never will be Aaron Rodgers, that is an unfair comparison especially considering Rodgers sat and learned for 3 years then inherited a title game team.

Mark blew it w/ the pick 6 but the D cannot allow Tebow to go 95 yds. Mark has not taken a step forward which is disappointing but out struggles are much more than the QB. he is down on the list of worries.

Please show me all the bad QBs in NFL history to play in back to back title games(in their first 2 years no less).

Ok, then if you are of the opinion that if your the QB when you team won, it must be because of the QB, then according to you, Chad Henne is better then Sanchez, considering Henne is 3-1 against Sanchez, and came within 1 min or 1 TO extra from winning the other game.

2002 Colts = 2009 Bengals
2002 Raiders (AFC Champs) > 2009 Chargers (1 and done)

2004 Chargers > 2010 Colts
2004 Steelers (15-1, AFCC game) > 2010 Patriots (14-2, 1 and done)

The 2006 Patriots team the Jets faced also made the AFCC game that year. The only team Sanchez has beat in the playoffs that was a good team is NE, who was 1 and done the year before as well.

You are crazy if you would prefer Sanchez over a healthy Pennington.

The Pats D has allowed basically the same amount of points as our D, that's why I can say they are much better than their meaningless yards allowed ranking. NE is typically up in games and they give up a ton of garbage time yds and some garbage time points. That doesn;'t make them a bad D, this is why I ask you guys to actually watch the games instead of just looking at stat sheets. Who cares if Miami scored a garbage time TD in week 1? if you watch them you'd know they aren't a top D but you'd also know they aren't a bottom D either like the yards allowed stat tells us.

Did mark have a top 5 running game and OL in 2010? how did he do?

has our D blown tons of games late the last 2+ years?

It's not my fault you cannot allow yourself to see similarities btw thia team and the last 2.

If you think Rodgers and ben have bad OLs or OLs as bad as ours has been this year you don't know what you are watching.

Matt Moore has "stepped up" against awful competition w/ no pressure to win.

Sanchez has overcome the OL and running game to have us at 5-5, you act like we are 3-7. he hasn't taken that next step b/c of the OL and running game, no QB would have great #s w/ the way our OL has played.

Our Ol was brutal the first month, the airing it out was forced upon us b/c we couldn't run. As the OL got healthier we got back to running it and started running successfully then we lost our top 2 RBs and had no run game again last week.

mark is not and never will be Aaron Rodgers, that is an unfair comparison especially considering Rodgers sat and learned for 3 years then inherited a title game team.

Mark blew it w/ the pick 6 but the D cannot allow Tebow to go 95 yds. Mark has not taken a step forward which is disappointing but out struggles are much more than the QB. he is down on the list of worries.

Im done trying, there is a reason this thread has gone on for 11 pages b/c no many how ways and times we tell you something blatently obvious to the rest of the league and even other jets fan, you are just in complete denial and spin everything in marks favor,

there is a clear reason for that spin doctor award of your, you do it well to the point where posters such as myself who love to debate and dont get out of control and curse you off and all that, just give up, b/c there is no winning with you, just excuse after excuse and every possible reason to defend sanchez

If sanchez was any good it would not take 11 pages of arguing to try and convince us, oh and as well as the ganggreen forum having thread about Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, i think thats enough said

Back
Top Bottom