Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahhh, what the hell ... Matt Moore > Mark Sanchez

I couldn't care less if I was the only one, I see the game different than the average fan. I realize it's not all on mark. It's hard to succeed w/ poor OL play and no running game.

By the way, most of the Jet fans I know still like sanchez.

You can even throw in "predictable game calling by the OC" and I'd agree with you there too. Now that you've conceded this, you'll better understand why most everyone around here last year was telling you the difference between Sanchez and Henne is minimal. Go know you'd come to that same conclusion, even if it was painfully :idk:

Haha game over, as just reported on ESPN radio Rex has given Brunell 1st string snaps in practice benching Sanchez

Ok, Matt Moore is 3-3, Sanchez is 5-5.

For their careers Moore is 10-9 w/ zero playoff games, Sanchez is 29-22 plus 4-2 in postseason. Don't fall into the same trap Bills fans fell into w/ Fitz.

It's hard to win in this league, bad QBs don't win as much as Sanchez has. 1994-2010 Miami won 4 playoff games, 2009-2010 Sanchez helped us win 4 playoff games, the 4 playoff road wins are more than Miami has in their history, it's not easy to win on the road especially w/ a perceived bad QB.

So who has been shielding Flacco?

Ok, then if you are of the opinion that if your the QB when you team won, it must be because of the QB, then according to you, Chad Henne is better then Sanchez, considering Henne is 3-1 against Sanchez, and came within 1 min or 1 TO extra from winning the other game.

I would use season record snot 4 games out of 32 to judge.

henne in games against teams besides the Jets: 13-18
Mark Sanchez in games against teams besides Miami: 22-14(26-16 if you include postseason)

So henne came w/in a min or TO extra from winning the other game but Sanchez wasn't close in his 3 losses? The Jets lost those 3 by an average of 4 PPG, in the lone Henne loss you lost by 8.

2002 Colts = 2009 Bengals
2002 Raiders (AFC Champs) > 2009 Chargers (1 and done)

2004 Chargers > 2010 Colts
2004 Steelers (15-1, AFCC game) > 2010 Patriots (14-2, 1 and done)

The 2006 Patriots team the Jets faced also made the AFCC game that year. The only team Sanchez has beat in the playoffs that was a good team is NE, who was 1 and done the year before as well.

You are crazy if you would prefer Sanchez over a healthy Pennington.

The 2009 Chargers were 13-3, the 2002 Raiders were 11-5. The '09 Chargers were better.

The '04 Chargers and '10 Colts were similar.

The 2004 Steelers had a ROOKIE QB and got smashed the next week, the '10 Pats had Brady playing about as well as he ever has. The '10 Pats were better.

The '06 pats had Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as Brady's best weapons and no run game, they were nowhere near as good as Pitt and NE the last 2 years. They were comparable to Indy '10 except Indy '10 had more talent for the QB.

I never said I'd prefer Sanchez over a healthy Pennington, I'm not sure which way I go. If I KNEW Chad could stay healthy I'd pick him but he was always hurt, that has to be factored in and again mark has been MUCH better in postseason facing tougher teams on the road.

Im done trying, there is a reason this thread has gone on for 11 pages b/c no many how ways and times we tell you something blatently obvious to the rest of the league and even other jets fan, you are just in complete denial and spin everything in marks favor,

there is a clear reason for that spin doctor award of your, you do it well to the point where posters such as myself who love to debate and dont get out of control and curse you off and all that, just give up, b/c there is no winning with you, just excuse after excuse and every possible reason to defend sanchez

If sanchez was any good it would not take 11 pages of arguing to try and convince us, oh and as well as the ganggreen forum having thread about Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, i think thats enough said

Please stop then. Pay attention and learn instead of hurling insults. if you want to be a jealous div rival fan and not see the facts it's on you not me. I'm trying to help you here.

I don't need to convince you, you don't win as much as he has if you aren't good so either you think we have the greatest talent in the league around him or he must be pretty good.

There are always nitwit fans on every board(see this board talking playoffs at 3-7 and talking about the great Matt Moore). I don't worry about what other posters say, I'm not an average fan like most on these boards.

You can even throw in "predictable game calling by the OC" and I'd agree with you there too. Now that you've conceded this, you'll better understand why most everyone around here last year was telling you the difference between Sanchez and Henne is minimal. Go know you'd come to that same conclusion, even if it was painfully :idk:

Our OC is fine and so was yours, notice how your O didn't improve under Henne when he was healthy? The OC is an excuse.

i'm sorry but mark sanchez is not getting better...the last 2 years he had a damn good running game to hide his weaknesses this year that hasn't been the case...his accuracy has always been hit or miss he misses way too many easy throws...honestly the only balls i can say with confidence he throws with any consistency are the quick slants (of which he's one of the best in the league) and the in breaking routes...i guess he throws a pretty high end corner endzone fade also but my god is his accuracy scattershot on everything else...

with the way the jets can't run the ball this year i am baffled why the opposition doesn't drop a lb in the inside throwing lane on those 3 step drop slant routes etc...i swear sanchez will throw the ball right to him if they did...

new yorks figuring out what we had to regarding chad henne and that is that they also still don't have the answer at qb...i don't see how this year they can win with sanchez under center in the postseason unless that running game makes a giant unforeseen leap the next 6 weeks...thats just the reality of it...and watching the game against the broncos you can see that the jets staff have no faith in sanchez to make a play at certain times...they are dummying down the playbook to try and play to his strengths...but without the running game it won't matter

At this point you cant say who is better, moore is having a better year at this point the jets have enough talent to win the divison but sanchez has messed that up

At this point you cant say who is better, moore is having a better year at this point the jets have enough talent to win the divison but sanchez has messed that up

sanchez has messed that up:lol:

i'm sorry but mark sanchez is not getting better...the last 2 years he had a damn good running game to hide his weaknesses this year that hasn't been the case...his accuracy has always been hit or miss he misses way too many easy throws...honestly the only balls i can say with confidence he throws with any consistency are the quick slants (of which he's one of the best in the league) and the in breaking routes...i guess he throws a pretty high end corner endzone fade also but my god is his accuracy scattershot on everything else...

with the way the jets can't run the ball this year i am baffled why the opposition doesn't drop a lb in the inside throwing lane on those 3 step drop slant routes etc...i swear sanchez will throw the ball right to him if they did...

new yorks figuring out what we had to regarding chad henne and that is that they also still don't have the answer at qb...i don't see how this year they can win with sanchez under center in the postseason unless that running game makes a giant unforeseen leap the next 6 weeks...thats just the reality of it...and watching the game against the broncos you can see that the jets staff have no faith in sanchez to make a play at certain times...they are dummying down the playbook to try and play to his strengths...but without the running game it won't matter

I didn't say he got better, I have said he hasn't progressed this year despite better #s projections but it's not all his fault, he has had a poor OL and poor running game, it's hard to progress w/ that going on.

2 years ago he had a great run game and the D was a top D, last year both were up and down and Mark rescued this team on numerous occasions.

We made 2 title games w/ Mark as a key player, this team can win w/ him. Any good team can win w/ him, he's not going to take average talent and make them great like some of the top QBs but you canwin w/ him and we have figured out we have our solution. There is nothing comparable to Henne, a man who never won a big game.

If you just watched the Pats and Broncos games you can come to that conclusion but much like last year(@NE, vs. Mia) he is in a funk right now but I expect he'll get over it like he did a year ago.

The biggest issue has been the OL which was putrid earlier in the year, got better midway through and has struggled the last 2 weeks. I don't care who the QB is if he has no time to throw and no running game he's not going to have success.

Yes sanchez messed that up you have no chance at the division now he threw away the bronco and patriot games did he not?

junc...until that running game returns you aren't winning against a quality opponent in the postseason with mark sanchez your qb...you can hide him with a very high end running game but if thats not there you're in big trouble against quality opponents...thats the difference b/t the last 2 postseasons for you and this upcoming one...no running game no dice

i've been waiting for 2 years for this kid to take the leap...he's not a guy who can win you games by himself...he's not showing franchise material either...you can call it a funk...i've seen him 5 or so games this year and i always come away with the same end result...minus a high end running game he's just not consistent enough...

the lack of a running game is killing your season...and it will be the reason you go home early if you make the postseason...too much weight on sanchez shoulders is not a good thing...ever

and i'm the guy who put a grand on the jets in vegas...never saw this run game drop off coming...and a lot of that change in identity falls on your coaching staff who came out early at least trying to be a sling it all over the field team with a qb who can't cut the mustard for that kind of game

Yes sanchez messed that up you have no chance at the division now he threw away the bronco and patriot games did he not?

The D was primarily responsible for the Pats loss and while Mark was bad against denver the D allowed Tim Tebow to go 95 yds w/ the game on the line.

junc...until that running game returns you aren't winning against a quality opponent in the postseason with mark sanchez your qb...you can hide him with a very high end running game but if thats not there you're in big trouble against quality opponents...thats the difference b/t the last 2 postseasons for you and this upcoming one...no running game no dice

i've been waiting for 2 years for this kid to take the leap...he's not a guy who can win you games by himself...he's not showing franchise material either...you can call it a funk...i've seen him 5 or so games this year and i always come away with the same end result...minus a high end running game he's just not consistent enough...

the lack of a running game is killing your season...and it will be the reason you go home early if you make the postseason...too much weight on sanchez shoulders is not a good thing...ever

and i'm the guy who put a grand on the jets in vegas...never saw this run game drop off coming...and a lot of that change in identity falls on your coaching staff who came out early at least trying to be a sling it all over the field team with a qb who can't cut the mustard for that kind of game

The running game did return and he was playing better, last week we had LT out and lost Shonn Greene early and had no running game. if Greene is ok(he should be) the ground game should be good enough. The biggest problem in recent weeks has been the pass protection and surprisingly one of the biggest culprits has been Brick. He's not playing up to his standards.

Does this absolve Sanchez? No but it's much more than just him why the team is struggling.

Keep in mind that many young QBs are struggling this year- is this b/c of the lockout or just a coincidence? I don't know.

He did put his team on his back multiple times a year ago to win some reg season games. Watching him this year he has not looked nearly as good as he did last year so it's fair to criticize him, I do still have condifence in him to turn it around though. I am 100% confident he's our guy for many years to come, he's not a franchise guy the way a Brady or Rodgers is but he's a franchise guy that you can win big w/ and that's all I really care about.

People get confused b/c rex came out and talked about thowing the ball but the philosophy didn't change, the circumstances dictated a change. we had a new RT, the RG missed all of camp then Mangold got hurt in week 2. We couldn't run, we fell behind so we had to pass. If we didn't have to we would not have seen the # of pass attempts.

week 1 vs. Dallas- 44 attempts, fell behind and had to throw
week 2 vs. jax: 24 attempts, controlled the game from the start
week 3 @ Oak: 44 attempts, trailed most of 2nd half, had to throw
week 4 @ Bal: 35 attempts, trailed most of game, ahd to throw

he can sling it, he just needs time and he's most effective as a play action passer.

if you wanna put yourself in the best position to win with mark sanchez go back to ground and pound and work him off of play action...of course thats gonna leave you with some ticked off wrs in the lockerroom plax and holmes but thats what you got to do...

but i'm not a guy who thinks you can find a running game 11 weeks into the season...you either have it or you don't by now...to me i don't see how it will change this year...i expect a lot of 3rd and longs in new yorks future especially against a quality defense

which means more of mark sanchez being exposed

if you wanna put yourself in the best position to win with mark sanchez go back to ground and pound and work him off of play action...of course thats gonna leave you with some ticked off wrs in the lockerroom plax and holmes but thats what you got to do...

but i'm not a guy who thinks you can find a running game 11 weeks into the season...you either have it or you don't by now...to me i don't see how it will change this year...i expect a lot of 3rd and longs in new yorks future especially against a quality defense

which means more of mark sanchez being exposed

Outside of last week the running game has been effective and last week had more to do w/ RB inuries so I believe they have found the ground game as long as Greene stays healthy.

Another problem for the O is a lack of a deep threat, Plax has done a great job in the RZ but Braylon was Mark's deep threat and D's had to respect that b/c they'd complete some deep balls. Now they don't have to worry about that.

We'll see, maybe this is a stepback year before he takes a step forward? There's a ton of football to be played and this has a very similar feel to last year losing to NE and Miami and our running game was worse at that point in the year than it is now.

Junc, you telling me that at least 5 other teams have a better D than the Jets? Not sure how you gather that they arent/havent been elite.

Back
Top Bottom