AI's Future? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AI's Future?

Clippers need to do something. If they could get AI without losing Livingston they have to consider it. I like Cassell but he old and doesnt even play much now that Livingston has taken over.

Iverson WANTS to go to Miami or LA (Clippers)

Trust me he will go where HE wants. All he has to do is say 'I wont play there' and the other team will back away.

Rumor from Miami is: Jason Williams/James Posey/Antoine Walker for AI

Rumor from LA is: Maggette and a couple other guys for AI

Alex you forgot the part Where AI is best friends with KG and would like to goto Minny. He wouldnt work in Miami. Clippers would work.

Majpain said:
Alex you forgot the part Where AI is best friends with KG and would like to goto Minny. He wouldnt work in Miami. Clippers would work.

He's also great friends with SHAQ and buddy buddy with Wade...

AI will go where he wants to go.

The Wolves would still suck with him. I think he knows that. Nevermind that KG is now playing GM and demanding that Foye not go in a trade.

Alex44 said:

Trust me he will go where HE wants. All he has to do is say 'I wont play there' and the other team will back away.

Rumor from LA is: Maggette and a couple other guys for AI

Give them Wayne Simien and a first rounder instead of Posey and I do it. Trading Posey and Walker puts a lot of pressure on Wright and leaves us very thin on the bench at the 3. But a lineup of AI, Wade, Posey, Haslem, and Shaq when they're all healthy with Wright, Zo, GP, and Hite coming off the bench...man...

Allen Iverson is going where he wants to go, as long as that team wants him and is willing to give up enough for him. Pat Riley openly came out tonight after Miami's loss and said that he's interested and looking into the possibilities. Shaq & AI are friends, and Wade & AI are friends. People overrate Iverson's "ball hogging tendancies" and I think he just wants to win. It'd definitely work. With a team full of players who all have rings, he'd be a spark Miami's needs. And with unselfish superstars like Shaq & Wade, AI would be just fine. If Philly strikes a deal with a team and AI doesn't want to go there, then guess what? It's not happening.

He said he doesn't really want to go out West, but I think he'd play with KG. I think Minnesota, Boston, & Miami right now are the only places he'd like to play. I'd put the Clippers up there, but they just basically listed Shaun Livingston as "untouchable" so scratch them from the table. Golden State seems to have all the pieces, but they really don't want to give up on Biedrins or Monta Ellis in a package including Baron Davis and Mickael Pietrus, and I wouldn't either. The thing is, for Iverson.. he has to feel comfortable that he can win in his new situation, after whoever trades for him gives up so much. That's why, homerism aside, I'd call Miami a true contender as he'd without question be playing with Wade, Shaq, and most likely Haslem and Zo.

I'd call Minnesota the front runners with Randy Foye on the table, but who knows right now?

He could probably be a Clipper tomorrow from the sound of things if they'd just be willing to part with Livingston. Just do it already this team is sinking fast and desperately needs someone who can score and free up Brand.

Alex44 said:

With Billy King running the Sixers, it's entirely possible that Miami could steal Iverson from them. I am very concerned about this possibility. If King takes that deal, he's officially passed Isiah Thomas for Worst GM in the NBA status.

Minnesota makes the most sense, if they can piece together an offer that works with the salary cap. Kevin Garnett is the perfect complement to Iverson, and the T-Wolves would get good in a hurry if they could make that happen.

phunwin said:
With Billy King running the Sixers, it's entirely possible that Miami could steal Iverson from them. I am very concerned about this possibility. If King takes that deal, he's officially passed Isiah Thomas for Worst GM in the NBA status.

Minnesota makes the most sense, if they can piece together an offer that works with the salary cap. Kevin Garnett is the perfect complement to Iverson, and the T-Wolves would get good in a hurry if they could make that happen.

Exactly I dont like that offer for AI.:fire:

Alex44 said:

A little math helps. That trade is impossible.

A more likely Miami trade would be JWill, Posey or Walker, Wright for AI

Only problem with giving them both Posey and Wright is that leaves this team with Walker at the SF again......and noone wants to see that. But I can't see any team being stupid enough to take Walker and his deal off Riley's hands.

Back
Top Bottom