AI's Future? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AI's Future?

phunwin said:
That would be bizarre. On the one hand, New Jersey would basically be trading a slashing, attack-the-basket guard in his prime for one who's got a lot of miles on his tires. On the other hand, NJ would be trading a woman for a man. So it evens out.

:lol: The word is carter is a FA after the season and may go anyway. Carter would put people in the seats in Philly, and they think AI playing with Kidd would be good.

Problem is it makes Jersey smaller, and we are small to begin with.

It also just maybe to keep him out of Miami.

like2god said:
I don't really care where he goes as long as the Knicks stay away from him. They have enough problems and headaches on their team, they don't need another guy that dominates the ball. :shakeno:

Actually, the Knicks would have made sense if Isiah Thomas hadn't screwed things up yet again. A package with Jalen Rose's expiring contract as the centerpiece would have been enticing to the Sixers, as it would have cleared nearly $17M off their cap for 2007-8. Problems with Iverson and Marbury fighting to the death over the ball? No problem, turn the trade into Rose and Marbury for Iverson and Webber. I believe that works under the 15% rule, or at the very least, is close enough that a minor contract could be thrown in. The Sixers would have been overjoyed to get rid of those two contracts and lop off a huge amount of their cap for the offseason. Throw in a first round pick, and the Sixers would have done that in a heartbeat. Remember, their first priority is cap relief. Talent is their second.

A Knicks starting five of Curry, Frye, Lee, Richardson and Iverson would NOT be bad. It would be a damn sight better than the crap they're trotting out now. Iverson, of course, is a ballhog. We know that. The Knicks, however, actually have guys who play to his strengths: Lee, Frye and Renaldo Balkman are good defenders who don't need the ball, and work their butts off for rebounds. Jared Jefferies, if he could get healthy, would be another one along those lines. Eddy Curry's a good low post scorer (with no other discernable skills). Richardson has found his outside stroke once again. That's a group that complements Iverson fairly well.

The bench would be shortened: Crawford, Webber (when healthy), Balkman and Jefferies (when healthy) would be the only guys to play. Steve Francis would be there only to back up Iverson, which means he'd play about 8 min. per game.

Only problem: Thomas, who's been waiting for a fire sale exactly like this since he took over as GM, finally gave up and bought out Rose's contract before the season.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
:lol: The word is carter is a FA after the season and may go anyway. Carter would put people in the seats in Philly, and they think AI playing with Kidd would be good.

Problem is it makes Jersey smaller, and we are small to begin with.

It also just maybe to keep him out of Miami.

Thank you, thank you very much. :)

Seriously though, while it makes NJ smaller, it's not like Iverson is any worse defensively than Carter is. And it's not like either of those guys have much value in the low post. So I wouldn't worry about the "small-ball" aspect of it. The only thing NJ would really lose is outside shooting; Carter's a significantly better outside shooter than Iverson.

But, as I implied, they wouldn't have to worry about Iverson mailing it in or not trying when he feels like it. His practice habits suck, but when the lights go on, no one works harder than Iverson, or plays through more pain. Carter fakes back spasms like he's trying for workers' comp. Knock him down once, and he's shooting jumpers (this is probably part of the reason he's such a good outside shooter: practice).

I still think he will end up in Golden State....I would trade AI for Biedrins, Baron Davis, Mike Dunleavy and a 1st rounder.

like2god said:
I don't really care where he goes as long as the Knicks stay away from him. They have enough problems and headaches on their team, they don't need another guy that dominates the ball. :shakeno:

Your wish will come true, they said on espnews that I. Thomas doesn't want him. Not too metion the Knicks don't want to give up there young players.

phunwin said:
Actually, the Knicks would have made sense if Isiah Thomas hadn't screwed things up yet again. A package with Jalen Rose's expiring contract as the centerpiece would have been enticing to the Sixers, as it would have cleared nearly $17M off their cap for 2007-8. Problems with Iverson and Marbury fighting to the death over the ball? No problem, turn the trade into Rose and Marbury for Iverson and Webber. I believe that works under the 15% rule, or at the very least, is close enough that a minor contract could be thrown in. The Sixers would have been overjoyed to get rid of those two contracts and lop off a huge amount of their cap for the offseason. Throw in a first round pick, and the Sixers would have done that in a heartbeat. Remember, their first priority is cap relief. Talent is their second.

A Knicks starting five of Curry, Frye, Lee, Richardson and Iverson would NOT be bad. It would be a damn sight better than the crap they're trotting out now. Iverson, of course, is a ballhog. We know that. The Knicks, however, actually have guys who play to his strengths: Lee, Frye and Renaldo Balkman are good defenders who don't need the ball, and work their butts off for rebounds. Jared Jefferies, if he could get healthy, would be another one along those lines. Eddy Curry's a good low post scorer (with no other discernable skills). Richardson has found his outside stroke once again. That's a group that complements Iverson fairly well.

The bench would be shortened: Crawford, Webber (when healthy), Balkman and Jefferies (when healthy) would be the only guys to play. Steve Francis would be there only to back up Iverson, which means he'd play about 8 min. per game.

Only problem: Thomas, who's been waiting for a fire sale exactly like this since he took over as GM, finally gave up and bought out Rose's contract before the season.

I don't think that Marbury has any value left. He is already grumbling about the way Isiah is using him. What team is going to want him after the lasy 2 years of madness? The Sixers would want more than a package of Rose (if he was still here) and Marbury. You could figure they would ask for Frye, Lee and maybe Nate along with a 1st rounder (that isn't really ours, Isiah gave Chicago the chance to flip flop with us :shakeno: ) added to any offer we could make them.

On a side note, I like the way Curry is playing right now, even if it's only a ploy by Isiah to pad Curry's stats to save his job.

like AI wants to go the knicks.....hahaha....he will kill that deal cause he knows the knicks SUCK.

Jason Williams, James Posey, Antoine Walker, Wayne Simeon

for

Allen Iverson and Kyle Korver???

I think I'm just dreaming...

Dolfan11 said:
Jason Williams, James Posey, Antoine Walker, Wayne Simeon

for

Allen Iverson and Kyle Korver???

I think I'm just dreaming...
Umm, take away James Posey from that deal. He's too perfect in this system to trade away. We barely have any good perimeter shooters to begin with, and James Posey IMO is a better shooter than Allen Iverson.

Vertical Limit said:
Umm, take away James Posey from that deal. He's too perfect in this system to trade away. We barely have any good perimeter shooters to begin with, and James Posey IMO is a better shooter than Allen Iverson.

ya gotta give the 76ers SOME GOOD PLAYER and not all bums. :lol:

only untouchable is wade.

DeathStar said:
ya gotta give the 76ers SOME GOOD PLAYER and not all bums. :lol:

only untouchable is wade.

Exactly. Haslem and Posey resigned to play here. However, if you have to give up some level of talent and it's between Haslem or Posey, I rather keep Haslem.

like2god said:
I really doubt that the Heat will get Iverson.

Kings, Warriors and the Nuggets are the most likely destinations.
Scratch the Warriors because they are not willing to part with Beidrins or Monta Ellis, along with Baron Davis and Mickael Pietrus. I also don't see how Melo/AI would work.. Melo is a ****ing ball hog. As for the Kings, maybe so, but from what I've heard Iverson does NOT want to go there.

AI wants to be teamed up with another All-Star caliber player.

Some of you guys are forgetting how much of this relies on what AI wants. No one is going to trade for an Allen Iverson who says, "I'd prefer to play elsewhere." - With so many of these proposed deals, like Sac & GS, after the deal is done, Iverson would be all they've got, and surely that's just not good enough in this league. What would be the sense in that, from AI's perspective? This is why I think Miami/Denver/LAC are the TRUE front runners, just because of Wade/Shaq.. Melo.. Brand. Philly is persistant on getting Livingston though, so to me, they're a scratch.

What are the chances that a deal will not get done and the 76ers decide to suspend him for the season? Remember, Indiana was about to do that to Artest last year if he didn't go where they wanted to trade him to.

Vertical Limit said:
What are the chances that a deal will not get done and the 76ers decide to suspend him for the season? Remember, Indiana was about to do that to Artest last year if he didn't go where they wanted to trade him to.
I don't think that's gonna happen, because actually.. the longer they wait, the lesser his value may be. Next year, it'll be way down. Removing AI from the active roster was a huge mistake for Philly in these negotiations.

The Blueprint said:
Scratch the Warriors because they are not willing to part with Beidrins or Monta Ellis, along with Baron Davis and Mickael Pietrus. I also don't see how Melo/AI would work.. Melo is a ****ing ball hog. As for the Kings, maybe so, but from what I've heard Iverson does NOT want to go there.

AI wants to be teamed up with another All-Star caliber player.

Some of you guys are forgetting how much of this relies on what AI wants. No one is going to trade for an Allen Iverson who says, "I'd prefer to play elsewhere." - With so many of these proposed deals, like Sac & GS, after the deal is done, Iverson would be all they've got, and surely that's just not good enough in this league. What would be the sense in that, from AI's perspective? This is why I think Miami/Denver/LAC are the TRUE front runners, just because of Wade/Shaq.. Melo.. Brand. Philly is persistant on getting Livingston though, so to me, they're a scratch.

Its like some analyst said, I forget who but.

'If your break the bank for AI and give your good young players then you become the 76ers. Why would you do that?'

Back
Top Bottom