AI's Future? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AI's Future?

DeathStar said:
yep, trade makes no sense. AI is already loaded and doesn't need the money. The new team loses out cause they get nothing in return.

Money is not the issue for AI his contract guaranteed. The issue is what is best for the 76ers. Who gonna give them the best deal that will not hurt the 76ers. Young good players, expiring contracts and whatever else interest Billy King. The report that AI decided not to go to the bobcat was a bunch a BS.

Alex44 said:
You are absolutely missing the point.

And you're giving AI way too much credit if you think he has a say so in the matter.

Philli doesnt care where he goes.But if your a team that AI says he doesnt want to play for why would you take him?[/quote]
Really? I am looking at this from phillies prospective.So you think AI would rather stay in Philly(rot in hell) instead of going to any other team.It's BS AI's trying to dictate where he'll go,believe me he'll go and PLAY wherever he's sent.

PHINATIC13 said:
Alex44 said:
You are absolutely missing the point.

And you're giving AI way too much credit if you think he has a say so in the matter.

Philli doesnt care where he goes.But if your a team that AI says he doesnt want to play for why would you take him?[/quote]
Really? I am looking at this from phillies prospective.So you think AI would rather stay in Philly(rot in hell) instead of going to any other team.It's BS AI's trying to dictate where he'll go,believe me he'll go and PLAY wherever he's sent.

:yeahthat:

They change the rules in regards to this when Zo and Vince Carter did that crap. Now the team fines you your game check for conduct detrimental to the team. Once he start missing $220,000 per game check you can book it that he will play.

PHINATIC13 said:

Really? Why isnt he playing for the Bobcats then? They had a package that Philli accepted. AI said he wouldnt play there, and the trade didnt happen.

Your not giving him enough credit

Alex44 said:
Really? Why isnt he playing for the Bobcats then? They had a package that Philli accepted. AI said he wouldnt play there, and the trade didnt happen.

he already killed one deal thus he has say where is he going.

the more important question is WTF IS PAT RILEY DOING?

Alex44 said:

The GM from bobcat said they never was close to a offer.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/16222611.htm

When the 76ers say AI denied the deal then I'll believe it. Not some newspaper beat reporter.

Charlotte Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff angrily denied a report in today’s Philadelphia Inquirer, saying the Bobcats were close to a deal to acquire Allen Iverson.

“No. That’s the biggest crap I’ve ever seen,’’ Bickerstaff said of a report that Iverson killed a deal by saying he wouldn’t play for the Bobcats. (Read the Philadelphia report. )

Bickerstaff said he never was close to a deal to acquire Iverson. Rather, Bickerstaff said, he offered the team’s abundance of salary-cap room as a potential aid to Sixers chief Billy King.

“Our situation with Billy King,’’ Bickerstaff said, “would be acting as a facilitator if that works to help us.’’

In other news, Bickerstaff said center Primoz Brezec will replace forward Adam Morrison in the starting lineup Wednesday against the Cleveland Cavaliers. That will restore the group Bickerstaff originally wanted to start: Raymond Felton, Brevin Knight, Gerald Wallace, Emeka Okafor and Primoz Brezec.

Bickerstaff also wants to take some pressure off rookie Morrison, who shot 4-of-34 in his last four games.

“We want him to be comfortable – just be Adam,’’ Bickerstaff said. “He just need to relax and that will come.’’

Alex44 said:

ok...:rolleyes2

icephinfan said:
According to a league source, Golden State is the front-runner for Allen Iverson's services, offering a package that would include guard Baron Davis and a couple of young players. According to another league source, the Celtics remain on the list of teams in contention for Iverson, along with Minnesota, Indiana, Chicago, Denver, Charlotte, Sacramento, Dallas, and the Clippers.
-- Boston Globe

There is speculation of Allen Iverson trade discussions with the Clippers that could net some combination of Corey Maggette, Sam Cassell, Zeljko Rebraca and a first-round draft choice, and whispers of talks with the Nuggets surrounding something that could include J.R. Smith, Eduardo Najera and Nene.
-- Philadelphia Daily News

The Sixers, according to a source, were close to sending Allen Iverson to the Charlotte Bobcats for a package of players, but Iverson indicated his displeasure with being sent to the Bobcats.
-- Charlotte Observer

that would be sweet im a laker/clipper fan any one is fine.

Amars said:
The GM from bobcat said they never was close to a offer.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/16222611.htm

When the 76ers say AI denied the deal then I'll believe it. Not some newspaper beat reporter.

Thats called 'saving face'

What is he supposed to say 'AI didnt wanna play here so we said forget it.'?

You realize how bad that makes you as a GM sound? There is a reason its widely accepted among respectable sources and media.

Roman529 said:
The PTI guys said it looks like Miami is showing a lot of interest...that might be a good fit for AI as he would not need to shot it much with D-Wade there....and the Sixers can get back some decent players as well. :tongue:

The more I see, the more Miami (amazingly) makes sense. The Sixers want cap relief and young talent. A package of Posey, Williams and Wright/Simien does that. Posey comes off the cap this year, Williams next, and Wright or Simien is a quality prospect. They might have to throw in a first rounder, but it might work.

Personally, I think that's a crap package for Iverson, but no one else is really stepping up with a big offer, and Billy King is a complete idiot, so it might happen.

its the post...take it for what its worth.....

The under-capped (14M) Bobcats never wanted Iverson in the first place thus they somehow resisted giving up Sean May, Raymond Felton and Gerald Wallace. The Pacers talks never went anywhere worthwhile.
The Nuggets are desperately trying to pawn off Nene's base-compensation, $60M ($8M this season) six-year albatross, by far, last summer's league-worst free agent signing. Using Charlotte's cap space is their only avenue to concoct a trade . . . if someone were remotely interested in an obscenely overpaid, broken down, second-string, unskilled laborer.

The Kings won't give up Kevin Martin. The Bulls won't give up Ben Gordon and, in reality, never had any conversation with the 76ers. Yeah, that'd work, Iverson, his headband and Scott Skiles.

The Mavericks would only be enticed should the 76ers buy out Iverson and he became a free agent. That'll never happen. I guarantee that with the same certainty I assure you Allen will never play another game for the 76ers. The Blazers aren't the least bit tempted by Iverson. Nene appeals to them even less. The Lakers are intrigued in Iverson but don't have the resources to get something done, especially now with Lamar Odom (torn knee ligament) sidelined for six weeks or more.

As far as I can determine, that leaves Boston, maybe Minnesota (should the 76ers cave and consent to long-term obligations of, say, Troy Hudson or Marko) and Miami.
The Celtics won't give up Al Jefferson, maybe, Gerald Green, too.

The Heat make the most sense. They've got three expiring contracts within the next two seasons. James Posey is up at the end of this one, while Jason Williams and Michael Doleac are up the year after. In addition, they flaunt Dorell Wright, a young, promising stud. I'm not saying Miami is prepared to part with Wright. With or without him, the salaries meet league specifications.

More importantly, the Heat have Pat Riley, who unquestionably has earned Iverson's attention and respect. At the same time, the team is presided over by Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade, two celestial presences who should be able to keep him moderately focused, at least as long as he believes there's a title to be had.

For the reasons listed I think its more likely a three team trade is what eventually occurs. The Bobcats can come out as the big winners, picking up some talented players without giving up anything in return.

Alex44 said:
Thats called 'saving face'

What is he supposed to say 'AI didnt wanna play here so we said forget it.'?

You realize how bad that makes you as a GM sound? There is a reason its widely accepted among respectable sources and media.

Ya just like TO suicide attempt. Like I said before I'll believe when it comes from the 76ers not a philly beat writer.

Amars said:
PHINATIC13 said:

They change the rules in regards to this when Zo and Vince Carter did that crap. Now the team fines you your game check for conduct detrimental to the team. Once he start missing $220,000 per game check you can book it that he will play.

Wait a minute....it is the 76ers organization that removed his name plate and told AI not to play......AI was ready to play around the time he announced he wanted a trade, but the team has told him not to come to the Wachovia Center.

As great a player as AI is, i just don't think he would go well in the Heat. There would definitely be friction between DWade & him. The Heat doesn't need another guard, they need more big men, imho.

Roman529 said:
Amars said:
Wait a minute....it is the 76ers organization that removed his name plate and told AI not to play......AI was ready to play around the time he announced he wanted a trade, but the team has told him not to come to the Wachovia Center.

He is getting paid right now from the 76ers. Im saying if traded to a team and doesnt show up to play then that team can choose to fine him. Like Zo did to toronto.

Back
Top Bottom