Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you thinking this means we keep Landry, think again. We lost a RB on his rookie contract. If we hold him until the end of the year and so not resign him, then we get a compensatory pick that is probably a 4th rounder. We gained nothing by trading him now. We just lost his production.
We lost his shitty self serving attitude also. You think they traded him because they don't like his hair?

After the shock wears off, I suspect this will go down as an OK trade. RBs are very replaceable in this league. I like Ajai a lot - he is a stud. But if he's not doing his homework, leaving yards on the field and the coaches have been trying to get through to him for two years then yeah, I understand it. It's not like we just dumped Barry Sanders for a 4th. I'm hoping for more trades like Pouncey for a 7th if we can get from some team who needs a Center. What about Carroo for a 6th? He really has no role on this team once Parker comes back. Sell, sell, sell and acquire picks. This season was over when Tanny went down. Sell the guys who don't buy into the system - Maxwell (couldn't even sell), Ajai, who's next?

You guys have bitched all week that major changes need to be made, that that the culture needs to change, and that maybe a housecleaning needs to happen. Now that Gase has identified an issue that needs to be resolved, you suddenly don't have the stomach for it.

So,were all your crying for change just a bitch-fest, or are you going to accept this as finally getting the change you asked for?

Hilarious value. Tannenbaum never disappoints.

These Patriot comparisons are so sad. Just stop. The only thing we have in common with that team is the division we play in. They have Belichik and a culture of winning. We have Tbum and the memory of Marino. The Dolphins are a joke. Well, jokes are funny. The Dolphins are the Browns.

The mental gymnastics I have to do in order to stay loyal to a team that doesn't deserve it is getting exhausting. I keep feeling like the gf with 2 black eyes trying to tell my friends he didn't mean it. It's my fault. He loves me.

Kill me now.

message well rcvd Mr Gase...
we are a miraculous 4-3
we have three potentially winning games coming up
fire the team up some how some way and perhaps we can salvage the season ( I personally think the product on the field is so bad that it is impossible to make the playoffs, but we shall see).

I think people forget that the going rate for a running back, even a good one, is probably the lowest of any position on the field besides guard and punter/kicker. I mean the Eagles traded Lesean McCoy to the Bills for friggin Kiko Alonso straight up! I wouldn't expect much more than a 3rd for Jarvis Landry if they actually want to move on from him.

That is why you keep Ajayi on the roster. Runningbacks are an undervalued commodity in the league. They help you win games in a big way, and are not valued for whatever stupid reason (short shelf life I guess).

So they have more value on your roster then traded away.

And we will see how the backfield fares going forward. Hint: it’s going to be much worse.
I have a feeling it's going to be ok. Let these other guys grind out their 3-5 yards more consistently. Won't hit too many homeruns but that's ok.

You know I don't like Mike Tannenbaum, but you can't blame Trader Mike for this one.

Coach said "I am done with this guy, trade him" and that's what Trader Mike did. And quite frankly, getting a 4th for a RB with 24 games left on his contract and a bad knee that is being traded because his coach is sick of his ****ty attitude... is not bad.
And...you can only get what the market gives you. I am pretty sure the Dolphins wanted a 3rd round pick. But how many teams are willing to part with a 3rd round pick for a RB you have to start negotiations with next year and whose time is limited because of his knees and an obvious shitty locker room attitude.

And production wise? Outside of his three 200-yard games last year he had one 100-yard game. The rest is mediocre to bad.

Following Jay Ajayi's trade to the Eagles, Kenyan Drake and Damien Williams are the Dolphins' top two running backs.

Coach Adam Gase called Drake the No. 2 back earlier this month, so he should take over the "lead role." That said, Williams has played more snaps this season and should handle most of the work on passing downs. That creates a low-upside fantasy situation, especially considering the state of Miami's offense. Drake is the better fantasy bet, but neither is more than a speculative add.

Ozzy rules!!

I really liked the guy for alot of reasons.....would love to know what the heck went down before i start pointing fingers, he was good but far from perfect.

Eagles have no second or third because they are so smart, and probably the only team willing to trade for Ajayai. Philly will come crashing back to earth hard soon, but they will enjoy the F out of this record against cupcakes, just like they did with the genius Chip and HoFer Nick Foles. It's what they do, but at the end of the day, they have 0 rings and NY, DAL, and WASH have 12 combined lol. Roseman has been with the organization for about a decade and the team has never won a playoff game in that time, there's a reason for that.

You are in for a rude awakening. They are legit and I would take Wentz over ANY QB

How may Playoff games have we won in the span? Or double that span?

Irrelevant, This is a completely new organization now top to bottom, Howie has been in Philly forever, and has made a lot of terrible first round picks like Danny Watkins and Marcus Smith along the way. Howie is a number guy, has never cut his teeth in scouting like Grier has, and it will show up in the long run. It's also why they don't value their picks, they had another bust in Pumphrey this year which is why they need a RB now. Perhaps Howie's way of trading away draft picks and getting guys on short term deal will work out for them, but with Roseman's history, I don't believe it will.

The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports the Dolphins are shopping Jarvis Landry ahead of the trade deadline.

Miami has already moved Jay Ajayi to the Eagles, and they could be looking to make another splash. With Landry in the final year of his deal and the Dolphins in no hurry to sign him to a big extension, a trade makes some sense, but it would further weaken an already terrible offense. Miami has until 4 PM ET today to work out a trade.

Ozzy rules!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom