Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shula and Belicheat were and are dictators too. We'll see how it goes with Gase.
Oh hell here we go with the insane comparisons for Gase. Gase hasnt earned ****. And don't put Shula and BB in the same sentence. They're both great coaches but Shula's integrity is something BB couldn't even comprehend.

The thing in New England is “do your job” and if you don’t do your job, then you are gone. As much as I hate Belicheck he doesn’t put up with anything, this is how you do it, this is why you do it, and if you don’t do it your gone.

Gase is starting to act like him in that regard and I personally love it. Ajayi and Maxwell gone this years, most of the offensive line last year got cut.

I personally hope more people get cut and traded. You either wanna be here and do your job, or you don’t, it’s that simple.
But when NE makes a trade they always get the best of the deal. We traded him for a ****ing 4.....this is beyond dumb..........even worse than the Carroo trade. We always get the worst of the deal and again, who's our starting RB now?

Ozzy rules!!

I am blaming him for it to some extent, yes. Watch the Baltimore game again. If you have the NFL Game Pass subscription (or whatever it's called), watch the coaches' film. Lot of plays where he had second level blocks and decided to go horizontal instead of following them. Truth.
And we will see how the backfield fares going forward. Hint: it’s going to be much worse.

Oh hell here we go with the insane comparisons for Gase. Gase hasnt earned ****. And don't put Shula and BB in the same sentence. They're both great coaches but Shula's integrity is something BB couldn't even comprehend.

Never compared them. They were considered dictators too just like you want to label Gase.

I think people forget that the going rate for a running back, even a good one, is probably the lowest of any position on the field besides guard and punter/kicker. I mean the Eagles traded Lesean McCoy to the Bills for friggin Kiko Alonso straight up! I wouldn't expect much more than a 3rd for Jarvis Landry if they actually want to move on from him.

I get this trade was done because Jay wasn't doing all that was asked of him, and Gase was fed up, and had to send a message. For that I can't get mad, as we all applaud how seamlessly the Pats do this, and it is what good teams do. I am mad at horrible compensation for it. If it wasn't going to be a 2nd then bench him and see if he can turn it around. He costs us very little on a 5th round pick salary. I am mad at our staff is mad as him not fitting an offense that clearly doesn't work. The only success this team has had in the past two years is when Gase has abandoned his ideas for this offense, and commited to a power running game. I am mad at the insane notion that anything wrong with this team has had to do with Jay. Gase and the personal department has taken a lot of chances at oline, and they all failed. You went all in on a center who has a bum hip, and he has played poorly. You didn't have one starting caliber G on your team, so you added one and drafted one, and neither have played a snap all season. You traded your LT for a 7th, and they guy you drafted a year ago has been falling on his face. Your qb or RB gets hit in the back field every play, and your expert opinion is that its the RBs fault. This is like cutting off your head because you have a headache.

I'm sure Ajayi never liked Gase either.
Why does everyone assume there was more than a 4th round pick on the table? Has it ever occurred maybe a 4th is the best we were offered and the longer this dragged the worst things got?

Also, i guarantee you Jay isn't going to do his own thing when he gets to the Eagles. He's going to run and catch EXACTLY where they tell him to.

Yeah because they are absolutely going to set him up for success in Philly. They aren't going to play washed up has beens like Arian Foster ahead of him in game of locker room politics , nor are they going to force him to play to work with sh*tty dumpster bin guards like Bushrod and Steen/Larsen.

I'm not too disappointed but I feel like we got short-changed on the return.

Gase ain't messing around. Time will tell on this trade, I think Gase had insight to his knee, didn't like his off-field work-ethic, and has more of a Bellichekian opinion of himself that he can win with whatever pieces will DO THEIR JOB.

Would've much rather seen this done for a third....

Eagles have no second or third because they are so smart, and probably the only team willing to trade for Ajayai. Philly will come crashing back to earth hard soon, but they will enjoy the F out of this record against cupcakes, just like they did with the genius Chip and HoFer Nick Foles. It's what they do, but at the end of the day, they have 0 rings and NY, DAL, and WASH have 12 combined lol. Roseman has been with the organization for about a decade and the team has never won a playoff game in that time, there's a reason for that.

I've come full circle on our offensive players. Last season I thought it was a mistake to sign Stills to a contract because Miami, because of the cap, cannot pay 3 or even 2 WRs big money. Gase loves Stills and I have no idea if he loves Landry but probably. I bet when Miami signed Stills they had a vision to either trade Landry or sign him to a one year franchise tag and then try to trade him. No way they can keep both. Don't be surprised if Landry goes today as well.

Now that Ajayi is gone we have the chance to see Drake a lot more. He can be good IMO but here's the thing. If Gase is truly the biggest influence in the personnel moves he should be focusing on building a strong OL and Defense while waiting on Tannehill to return. He should be making moves with a long term vision not just for this season. With Cutler and the weak OL Miami has no shot right now. RBs & WRs are replaceable IMO unless you have a legend, which we don't. Ajayi won't make it past 30 with his knees. The Eagles are going for it now because they have all the pieces in place. Miami doesn't.

Honestly, this is just me, I would even think about trading Parker and ... gulp ... Wake, if Miami could get proper value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom