Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi has been traded to Eagles for a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also leads the league in broken tackles and yards after contact. He is a top 5 back in the league. Maxwell was garbage. No comparison.

So that means he gets to decides what plays as designed he going to follow and which ones he's not? Sorry, it doesn't work like that. Do your damn job you're not above the team.

The thing in New England is “do your job” and if you don’t do your job, then you are gone. As much as I hate Belicheck he doesn’t put up with anything, this is how you do it, this is why you do it, and if you don’t do it your gone.

Gase is starting to act like him in that regard and I personally love it. Ajayi and Maxwell gone this years, most of the offensive line last year got cut.

I personally hope more people get cut and traded. You either wanna be here and do your job, or you don’t, it’s that simple.
I am disappointed, but I agree with you. I like Gase a lot and he is definitely sending a message here....losing will not be tolerated any longer.

The signs were there. Gase clearly was not happy with Ajayi if you read his comments after the Baltimore game. He doesn't block consistently and he doesn't run north to south consistently. He doesn't follow the play and bounces off blockers, which costs him yards. He's always trying to hit the home run instead of getting 4-5 yards. Plus I don't think Gase likes his attitude. He might do things off the field that we don't see reported in the news. Gase did bench him last year because he got upset he lost his job. Gase was serious when he said people would be removed from the team if they don't do their job. I also don't know how long his knees are going to last.

I would have liked more than a 4th rounder, but I understand it.

Outside of 3 200 yard games and a 62 yard average what else?

Freelance as a player gets you traded, benched or cut.
Ajayi got traded to the best team in the league. I’m sure he’s loving life today. And Eagle fans? I don’t think they’re upset today.

How often is NE blown out and embarrassed? NE does that **** and doesn’t miss a beat. Us? Oakland will roll us Sunday night and we might win 2-3 more games this year.

Oh no, how are we ever going to beat the Raiders without Jay Ajayi's irreplaceable 2 yards per carry?

Trade Tannenbaum!!....thought we'd get a better pick than a 4th rounder for the Jay Train. Philly looks like one of the better teams in the NFC, with the way they are playing our 4th round pick will end will being at the end of the 4th round, thus really being something closer to a 5th round pick.

Gase never liked him. Ironically, much of the success from last year came from Gase getting lucky and being forced to play Ajayi. Pathetic value for a talented dirt cheap RB. The people running this team are stupid as **** and have some of the largest unearned egos you'll ever see. I really dislike the people running this team.

Yeah I think you nailed it.

He also leads the league in broken tackles and yards after contact. He is a top 5 back in the league. Maxwell was garbage. No comparison.
If he was seen as a top 5 back by anyone other than Dolphin fans, teams would have been lined up to pay more than a 4th. If it was determined that he was a cancer to this team and had to go, your hand is forced. That's what he was worth today, and that's what they got. I hope they can use the pick coupled with another pick to move up in the draft, to get an offensive lineman in the early rounds.

Why does everyone assume there was more than a 4th round pick on the table? Has it ever occurred maybe a 4th is the best we were offered and the longer this dragged the worst things got?

Also, i guarantee you Jay isn't going to do his own thing when he gets to the Eagles. He's going to run and catch EXACTLY where they tell him to.

You’re blaming Ajayi for that? Okay then. You think Williams/Drake is going to be better? Lmao!

I am blaming him for it to some extent, yes. Watch the Baltimore game again. If you have the NFL Game Pass subscription (or whatever it's called), watch the coaches' film. Lot of plays where he had second level blocks and decided to go horizontal instead of following them. Truth.

I don't think Williams or Drake will be better, because they are not nearly as talented as Jay Ajayi. But I do think that Williams and Drake will probably run the plays the way they're designed, which will give us more 3rd and 5s instead of 3rd and 9s with an occasional 15 yarder tossed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom