Ajayi takes ANOTHER parting shot. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi takes ANOTHER parting shot.

Which was 2 more tds on 75 less carries than Ajayi.

For a big strong back, why didn't Philadelphia trust Ajayi with goal line runs?

Blount had 18 tds last year and 2 this year and Ajayi had 8 last year and 1 this year. Did two running backs who produced 26 combined rushing TD's last year all of a sudden become drastically less effective within the span of a year or it possible that the Eagles just have gave them fewer opportunities in the RZ due to scheme/play calling/other factors.

Blount had 18 tds last year and 2 this year and Ajayi had 8 last year and 1 this year. Did two running backs who produced 26 combined rushing TD's last year all of a sudden become drastically less effective within the span of a year or it possible that the Eagles just have gave them fewer opportunities in the RZ due to scheme/play calling/other factors.
You are correct the Eagles gave them fewer opportunities but that still doesn't explain why Ajayi only had 4 carries inside the 10 yard line all year.

You are correct the Eagles gave them fewer opportunities but that still doesn't explain why Ajayi only had 4 carries inside the 10 yard line all year.

How about this last year we had 108 plays inside the RZ we threw 51 passes and had 55 runs...pretty balanced.
This year we had 101 plays inside the RZ we threw 71 passes and had 27 rushes...not so balanced.

Last year we had 56 plays inside the 10 we threw 23 passes and had 32 runs...not too bad
this year we had 48 plays inside the 10 we threw 36 passes and had 10 runs...no so balanced.

So to answer it was due to bad play calling by Gase who decided that throwing the ball inside the RZ at an almost 3 to 1 ratio and over a 3 to 1 ratio inside the 10 with Jay freaking Cutler was a good idea. Jay Cutler who had 3 RZ int's compared to 0 from Tanny last year, Jay Cutler who had a RZ qb rating of 84.2 compared to 121.7 by Tanny last year, Jay Cutler who completed 56.3% of RZ passes compared to 72.5% by Tanny. So bad play calling for the L.

Maybe. But we really dont know much about what happened with his relationship with Gase. At the end of the day there were 3 parties to that trade: the Fins, Eagles and Ajayii. I think we were the clear losers, like we are in every trade were a part of.
I think that it depends on what we do with that 4th round Draft pick gift wrapped from Philadelphia. Ajayi wasn't happy and wasn't doing the job that Coach Gase expected. He wanted to see what he has in Kenyon Drake. I have no problem with Gase making the decision to move on from Ajayi and giving Drake an opportunity.

I think that it depends on what we do with that 4th round Draft pick gift wrapped from Philadelphia. Ajayi wasn't happy and wasn't doing the job that Coach Gase expected. He wanted to see what he has in Kenyon Drake. I have no problem with Gase making the decision to move on from Ajayi and giving Drake an opportunity.

Isn't it the last pick in the 4th anyway? Either way i don't think you can judge trades like that. If you get lucky and strike gold with a late pick that's great but it doesnt mean you got good value for the trade.

And if it just isnt working that's fine, but the good teams aren't the ones selling off their assets for bargain bin prices. Also there's no reason kenyon and ajayii couldn't have both played. Plenty of teams successfully implement a committee. Its almost criminal how little we were using him

Isn't it the last pick in the 4th anyway? Either way i don't think you can judge trades like that. If you get lucky and strike gold with a late pick that's great but it doesnt mean you got good value for the trade.

And if it just isnt working that's fine, but the good teams aren't the ones selling off their assets for bargain bin prices. Also there's no reason kenyon and ajayii couldn't have both played. Plenty of teams successfully implement a committee. Its almost criminal how little we were using him
No, we got their pick from Minnesota. Still a low pick. We took a fifth round pick and flipped him for a fourth though, that’s not too bad. Running backs are not particularly valuable on the trade market. And there is a reason Drake and Ajayi couldn’t both play, Ajayi was already bitching about carries. If Drake started taking more and more carries from Ajayi he’d have been an even bigger locker room cancer. Ajayi behaved himself in Philly because he was on a new team and they were successful all year. As soon as Philly faces some adversity he will go back to bitching about carries given Philly’s platoon system.

U can expect guy to talk back after a team let u go. Then you turn around win Superbowl. I knew that was going happen. It could be worse...you should of trade him to Cleveland....Ajay will not be happy in Philly because they have to much running back. He need carried ball 15 time a game.

No, we got their pick from Minnesota. Still a low pick. We took a fifth round pick and flipped him for a fourth though, that’s not too bad. Running backs are not particularly valuable on the trade market. And there is a reason Drake and Ajayi couldn’t both play, Ajayi was already bitching about carries. If Drake started taking more and more carries from Ajayi he’d have been an even bigger locker room cancer. Ajayi behaved himself in Philly because he was on a new team and they were successful all year. As soon as Philly faces some adversity he will go back to bitching about carries given Philly’s platoon system.

If so im with you. But right now we're going on not much more than rumors.

Either way making a good pick then trading him for peanuts while on a cheap deal kind of cancels itself out.

If so im with you. But right now we're going on not much more than rumors.

Either way making a good pick then trading him for peanuts while on a cheap deal kind of cancels itself out.
Him walking out on a game in which we came back 2 scores to win, because he wasn't getting enough carries happened, it's not a rumor...

Him walking out on a game in which we came back 2 scores to win, because he wasn't getting enough carries happened, it's not a rumor...

Which game was that?

It’s hope this is the last Ajayi thread. I thought he would be out stud back for 3 or 4 years. I was wrong, OH WELL.

Jay Ajayi is happy now, how could he not be. Let's see what happens as time goes on and he's not getting the lion share of the carries in Philly. Time will tell if he acts childish again but my guess is he will. He's gun ho now, traded to a new team that was the best in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom