Alabama Fans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama Fans?

SKing29

Weezer = Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, well I believe I am in the right forum here since this is a question to Alabama fans. I am assuming that since this is a Dolphins fans site that you are a Dolphins fan, so with that being assumed what are your feelings about Nick Saban has done. I have noticed a few Alabama fans on this site and so I would just like to know what the feeling is like, I mean you're favorite pro football team got screwed by Saban but now he is the coach for your favorite college team, so you can't totally turn against him. So what's the deal?

Alabama isn't my favorite team, but they are up there in my favorites, and I'm excited to have someone at 'Bama who has shown to be very successful in college, and proven to be an outstanding recruiter.

Alabama is my favorite team, as most know. The Dolphins, likewise, are also my favorite pro team.

I'm pleased to have Nick Saban at UA. I think he can do a lot more good at UA then he could have done at the Dolphins. At Alabama he can a much faster impact and set things better long term. The situation with salary cap and old vets on the Dolphins seemed like a bad scenario for Nick.

It's not all about money, I don't believe. The contract he has is good, but it's not as ridiculous as first reported...no signing bonus, not 50 million, etc. Saban likes to teach the game more than being an xs and os guy.

Im a student at UA, and a diehard Dolphin fan. I guess its sort of a bittersweet feeling. This move no doubt sets back the Dolphins, and it really sucks. Im not so sure if Nicks heart would have been in it if he decided to stay, It might also have been best for Dolphin fans that he left. As an Alabama student and fan I am estatic. I get to see Nick Saben turn this program around and witness the games live for 3 more years.

I like hearing all of those opinions because I am a Tennessee fan so, this whole ordeal really puts a sour taste in my mouth :). Just for me I would really feel at odds if Saban quit the Fins and coached Tennesse, namely because I am a much more die hard fan of the Fins then of the Vols, but thats me and most of you seem tore as well and seem glad he is at Bama but sore about the Fins situation. Its a really interesting situation for you Bama fans and I really wanted to hear your opinions.

No Lie I grew Up with two Mascots almost paralleled an Elephant and a Dolphin. They went hand in hand. I graduated from U of A, and I'm still a phins fan, but my Alma Mater will outweigh my allegiance to the Dolphins. Doesn't mean I am completely happy with how it turned out on both side. Course ya can't be if you are a Dolphins fan.

Now I have to go through a whole new coaching search, but I have faith in Wayne. Next hire will be the one. Out of Mediocrity and back into the Light.

Hopefully in two years both my teams will be in the right place competeing in the playoffs ( bowl games).

When I first heard the rumor to tell ya the truth I thought, NOOO don't go there, but they did and I never tried to center on him as a candidate hoping it was a rumor/media speculation, but also in the back seeing a Crimson and White stomping on some Orange ( in no particular order Orange White, Orange Blue).

I'm just hoping now for the best/right/winning coach that can get us into the playoffs.

Alabama fans want a title  regardless

Caller to an Alabama sports-talk radio show: “I think it’s about time to bring in an SOB to take Alabama by the throat. And I think Nick Saban is the man to do it.â€Â

Show host: “He’s certainly supposed to be an SOB.â€Â

Alabama football fans are greeting Nick Saban with open arms and closed hearts. He does not arrive in Tuscaloosa a beloved figure. This is no former hero returning to his alma mater (hello, and goodbye, Mike Shula), no folksy quipster who likes to mingle with the people (Mike Price, we hardly knew you).

Saban is being hired for one reason and one reason only: to win football games. Specifically, to beat hated rival Auburn before the Tigers start using their big toe to count their victory streak in the series (Auburn made it five in a row this season, fulfilling the prophecy on a T-shirt once worn by Coach Tommy Tuberville to “Fear the Thumbâ€Â).

Crimson Tide officials are well aware of Saban’s curmudgeonly reputation. They don’t care. It has been 14 years since Alabama won a national championship. This from a program that used to claim two or three a decade. These days, the Tide can’t even break into the top half of the Southeastern Conference.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16455708/

Bama fans arent going to get a title... For many many many many many years

Bama fans arent going to get a title... For many many many many many years
We would get one before West Virginia.
We've got a HS with a show on MTV that plays better defense than your school.:lol:

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE thanks Mrs. Rodriguez from all Bama fans. Good coach, but we're now glad you kept him.

We would get one before West Virginia.
We've got a HS with a show on MTV that plays better defense than your school.:lol:

And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE thanks Mrs. Rodriguez from all Bama fans. Good coach, but we're now glad you kept him.
your show on mtv lol bama high school football has about 1/1000 of the talent florida high school football does

Alabama will be good in about 4 years.
Until then they will get pounded by the other teams of the SEC.

Alabama will be good in about 4 years.
Until then they will get pounded by the other teams of the SEC.

Even without Saben, Alabama wouldnt be getting pounded by other SEC teams. What gives you the impression they are such a bad team. They were 10-2 Two season ago, and this year they had a lot of young inexperience talent.

your show on mtv lol bama high school football has about 1/1000 of the talent florida high school football does

And its going to be awsome watching those talented Flordia players playing for the Crimson Tide!

Is that why that "Bama High" team beat State Champs Nease by double digits on espn last year, when Nease had Tebow?

Florida HS football is better because there are more people. There is a direct correlation....DUH! CA, TX, and FL football produce big recruits.

Back
Top Bottom